• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comfy and Easy to Wear VI: So i herd u liek Joshkipz

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Wanted to say thanks to everyone that made it out here through the Derby traffic! We had a good showing this time around, and I was really happy to see as many people enter Brawl that did!

I had severalpeople come up to me, excitedly asking if we were going to be making Brawl a regular thing at the Comfy and Easy to Wears, and I'll admit, I'm tempted. At the very least, I would expect to see Brawl at every other Comfy as a side event, most likely running earlier than it did this time around, a little bit after doubles starts. Regardless, it was a nice treat.

A quick announcement before listing the results, be sure to check out these following tournaments, especially if you're in the Louisville Area or are new to the competitive scene!

First of all, be sure to join the Bourbon State Smash for any updates on smash events in the local area!
Speaking of Bourbon State, they'll be hosting their next event on may 30th! You can find all of the information here!

We also have weekly smashfests at Bluegrass Magic, the venue for Comfy and Easy to Wear, every Thursday! Some of us show up at 12:30, with the rest getting there around 3:00! Hit me up on Facebook at Facebook.com/lixth if you're gonna make it!

Also, on every Saturday that there isn't a Comfy and Easy to Wear or Bourbon State Tournament, you can find the Highland Hijinx series hosted by Derby City Smash at Wick's Pizza on Baxter Avenue! And be sure to follow Derby City Smash on Facebook for updates on their events as well!

But here's what you came here for. On to the results!

Wii U Singles
1: KP Joey
2: Amida
3: Katakiri
4: Kero
5: Overswarm
5: Xisin
7: Sai
7: Judo
9: DtJ Hilt
9: Kel
9: Stardust
9: DtJ Wydon
13: Sassyfoot
13: JDB
13: Treuce
13: Smile
17: Rizner
17: Rowan
17: Alondite
17: Blizzard
17: Zelgius
17: Lumpy Gravy
17: DCS Abraham
17: DCS TipDik
25: Ugly
25: Cylent
25: Captain Falchion
25: DJ Midnight
25: Cream
25: GX
25: Pippy
25: Son-in-Law

-------------------- Pools Cutoff --------------------

33: Caesium
33: Tyranitar Phantom
33: Yosh
33: Trevon
33: Engine
33: Vino
33: Dino
33: Dad
41: Goddem!!!
41: Butter
41: Yosh
41: Skiiboots
41: Tomb
41: LunaSwarm
41: Junglot
41: Issues

Wii U Doubles
1: Keroro Platoon
2: KP Wins Melee
3: PK Speed
4: Xisin + Smile
5: Kel + Overswarm
5: M2K + ADHD
7: DtJ Presents: The Cosmic Combo
7: Team Bard
9: Show Me Your Friends
9: Peanut Butter Bagels are a Delicious and Nutritious Snack
9: Georgetown 1
9: Team Rocket
13: Damn and the Rizners
13: Team Goddem!!!

Brawl Singles
1: Kero
2: Overswarm
3: Kel
4: Amida
5: KP Joey
5: DtJ Hilt
7: Xisin
7: Sai
9: TyranitarPhantom
9: Blizzard
9: JDB
9: Rizner
13: Alondite
13: Smile
13: DtJ Wydon
13: Butter
17: Katakiri
17: Cylent
17: GX
17: Vino
17: Rowan
17: Pippy
17: Issues
17: Rizner
25: Lumpy Gravy

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
only real men place higher with smash 4 marth than brawl marth and actually mains both.

CaptainFalchion

Smash Rookie
NNID
gundam780
I don't think I should be higher than Trevon. I think our positions should've been switched. I only won one set And I'm pretty sure that put me 5th of 6. Anyway great tournament can't wait for the next!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Trevon had to leave before bracket started. Instead of putting him into the bracket as a bye, he agreed to instead allow the fifth seed in his pool (which was yourself) to advance into bracket. This dropped him down into the placement that all fifth seeds receive.

CaptainFalchion

Smash Rookie
NNID
gundam780
Oh dang. Now I feel really stupid for leaving. Oh well Id like to get in by earning it anyway so its all good.

Last edited:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I think you forgot to post the melee results, so I'll post them for you.

Melee Singles
1: KP
2: Not KP

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
hilt host a legitimate crew battle next comfy. that way KP will lose another event along with all the others :)

Last edited:

KERO

Smash Journeyman
For future reference, it'd probably be best to start Brawl right with doubles since it seems we won't be getting as many set-ups for it. I don't think it would really hurt anything, and teams in waiting with players in the Brawl bracket could go ahead and get some early matches taken care of.

Shoutouts coming later; KP da bess.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Brawl during doubles would be a good idea.

Tournament was fun. Only people are above me are people I could see myself losing to. Went Sheik the entire tournament, played Megaman and Wario both once but lost with both. Mii Brawler still not so great in singles, he is just the new flavor of the month. I hope everyone and their mother 1122's villager to destroy Brawler until they get used to him :3 Mii Brawler in doubles seems pretty solid, but doubles is always about "can you kill someone quickly if you catch them in hitstun" and that's kind of his mojo. This was the first doubles tournament that I've lost since Smash 4 on 3DS was released, so Nov 2014 - May 2015, RIP. I had a good run. While Kel and I were certainly rusty, it was definitely more that others had stepped their game up and stopped playing crappy characters and used the right custom setups.

Brawl was a lot of fun, surprisingly. Normally I don't like playing games I don't remember, but I started remembering it bits and pieces at a time. By the end of my set with Kero I felt we were both playing semi-decently, at least not enough to be embarassed.

Tell the owner sorry we were there until 2 a.m. :B These tournaments should probably start a bit earlier if at all possible. Biggest issue is matches not being played / reported promptly.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
I'll definitely be staying at the next tourney. I left to see that hardcore Mike Tyson fight . Ggs to everyone I played. ~~~Trevon~~~C.Falcon

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Fun tourney despite running late and it's great to have seen some folks I don't see all that often again. Also extra shout-outs for all the newer faces, you guys are super awesome and great fun to play with.

Katakiri, we'll get a proper match next time we fight in tourney. Been wanting to play you seriously for so long but I came into the match on a bad note and nothing good followed. Grats on running losers and pulling 3rd.

Top Bottom