• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMEBACK I [Melee] 1.-3.8.2014 (Helsinki, Finland)

Loota

Smash Journeyman
You will be still able to enter at the door at least on friday. On saturday everything depends on what time you arrive as we probably won't take any more registartions when a tournament is about to start but I won't rule out possible exceptions.

EDIT: A question for everyone attending: would you like there to be a side event on sunday or would you prefer it to be completely event free? I would still gladly organize that general game tournament which would still leave lots of time for you to play other games even in between your turns but I'd still hear if there's still demand for the likes of Melee Low and such. I put up a non-definitive vote at the finnish forums but you can still tell what you would vote here ("Hippiturnaus" = Melee with item counterpicking and random stages, "Yleinen peliturnaus" = that general game tournament & "Joku muu, mikä?" = Something other, what?).

Last edited:

Cankerworm

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm totally new for melee scene. Can I just come to the venue? Never been in a tournament, I'd like to participate too, alltho I'll lose in my first game :p (Not sure if I can make it, but I hope)

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it's totally fine to only come to spectate as it's free to everyone. It's also possible to register for a tournament at the venue if you're feeling like it, and don't worry, everyone gets to play around 6-7 sets (= 12-21 matches depending how you fare) at least in Singles before you're out :]

EDIT: And some other news: there has been a misunderstanding between the venue owners and us organizers concerning saturday-sunday night. The 40 limit for sleepers is back but the venue is still open throughout the night and we will organize rides between the other housing places and the venue when needed. The rest of the sleeping spots after people coming from abroad has been taken into account will be reserved for people playing late to the night. I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience but I assure that it won't make anything more complicated for you people.

Last edited:

FrozenLight

Smash Rookie
Because Baxon doesn't come, Jon_ass and I (both from Germany) will team!
Sorry Stemu :(

Last edited:

Cankerworm

Smash Rookie
Hey, so me (Cankerworm) and my brother (Sucer) will both be coming there and enter in singles and doubles in melee only, as a team, if there's room and it's all good. :)

Last edited:

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so me (Cankerworm) and my brother (Sucer) will both be coming there and enter in singles and doubles in melee only, as a team, if there's room and it's all good. :)
Yes, you're in the list now!

We're approaching 80 confirmed entrants! The biggest tournament yet held in Finland by far.

Last edited:

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Me and and my brother will also be there (as cannonfodder, but meh...). I'd say Melee is guaranteed, but as for PM, I can not say for sure. Our tags are Eid and Pure.

PS. there's no age limit for entry, right?

Last edited:

Paju

Smash Journeyman
Me and and my brother will also be there (as cannonfodder, but meh...). I'd say Melee is guaranteed, but as for PM, I can not say for sure. Our tags are Eid and Pure.

PS. there's no age limit for entry, right?
No, there shouldn't be any age limit, unless the tournament venue itself has some limit I'm not aware of.

wauhti

Smash Rookie
Me (wauhti) and my friend Moppe are coming for Project M singles and Melee singles + doubles.

Doubles team (wauhti + Moppe)

Last edited:

Moppe

Smash Rookie
Me (wauhti) and my friend Moppe are coming for Project M singles and Melee singles + doubles.

Doubles team (wauhti + Moppe)
Yeah count me and wauhti in, I can also bring Project M setup if needed?

Last edited:

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Yeah count me and wauhti in, I can also bring Project M setup if needed?
Yes, definitely! If you also have a Melee take it too please!

All these new finnish players we have never heard of... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THESE YEARS? ;_;

Last edited:

L!ver

Smash Cadet
NNID
Livastyle
If someone has a good camera .... pls let us never forget this event ;)

and almost everyone got a smartphone, so take as many pictures as you can

Moppe

Smash Rookie
Yes, definitely! If you also have a Melee take it too please!

All these new finnish players we have never heard of... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THESE YEARS? ;_;
Yeah I'll take melee with me too. I have been hiding in my house and waiting for someone to point me to the direction where I can find a finnish Melee tournament. :ohwell:
If someone has a good camera .... pls let us never forget this event ;)

and almost everyone got a smartphone, so take as many pictures as you can
I would really like to remember this tournament since it is my first tournament that I attend to, even though I have played Melee for over 10 years already.
If anyone makes a youtube video out of this event then please post it on this thread!

Jekku

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to Liva for doing great job with the stream!

Also shoutouts to the Swedes for traveling to our tournaments once again. :)

A big thank you for the TO's too, great job and an awesome tournament.

More tourneys, please?

Last edited:

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
I don't know is there going to be separated results / shoutouts thread, but I move this post there whenever the topic opens:

Shortly: It was great to have so many people outside of Finland joining in this event and making this the biggest tournament we've ever had in Finland! Much appreciaited.

it was great to see you guys (Dev, Zoler, Android, Armada, Hara, Sparken etc.) again eventhough I only played with couple of you. I really hope you will come again when there is going to be next big event in Finland!

Special thanks for Saltyplayground about streaming. Great job and it totally made this tournament look very professional!

Rocky: I just couldn't control your movement. Need to figure out what to do next time. Maybe I start about focusing more on melee rather than PM :D. It was great to see and talk to you man! I heard, you felt sick during singles brackt. Quite a shame :/. Hope you will feel better soon!

Armada: I would have wanted to face you in PM -bracket. sadly that never happened :/. Hope we'll meet again and you continue attending our tournaments! :)

VJ: We had great set in PM. You were really good. I should have played lucas at every match, but I made myself a promise that I will use DK (my main before tournament) in my first match against everyon. + Squirtle is one of those characters in PM that I know absolutely nothing :D. It take too long for me to adapt into you soapy gameplay. Congrats for placing third in PM!

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Link to results thread?

Best: That was a great set. :D The very first reason I picked up Squirtle was to counter Nedech's DK. It's just a terrible matchup. That nasty Lucas of yours though... I'll need to watch out.

Top Bottom