• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Come To Papa IV 7/20/13 (Orlando FL)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Amazing tournament. Here was the results:
Total Entrants: 61
Singles: 5$
Doubles: 3$
All Brawl 2$:
Singles (MK banned):
1: Esam - :pikachu2:
2: Seibrik - :wario:
3: Riddle :zerosuitsamus:
4: Ryo - :ike:
5: MVD - :snake:
5: Trump :fox:
7: 8 Bit - :rob:
7: Red Halberd :snake:
9: Pammae:diddy:
9: Wizzy :marth:
9: Sako Noko(Jeff) :olimar: :popo: :gw: :falco:
9: Daisy :popo:
13: Dewdadash :dedede:
13: Ed :sheik: :zelda:
13: GDX :diddy:
13: True Blue :sonic:
17: Viper :falco:
17: Action B :wario:
17: Raven - :wario:
17: Mattopia :olimar: ?
17: SSGuy :wario:
17: Drew :falco:
17: Chaz :marth:
17: Kyon :peach:
Teams (Mid Tier):
1: True Blue + Ryo
2: Mampam and Red Halberd
3: Chaz and Nick Riddle
4: Ed and Trump
5: Seibrik and Master Raven
5: MVD and ESAM
7: Komic and Daisy
7: Jazz and KDB
9: 5#'s and Cody
9: Dewdadash and Dolo
9: D-torr and Papa Mink
9: 8 Bit and Dr. Souss
13: Mattopia and his partner
13: Ross and Ved
13: Funk and Ereth
13: SSGuy and Pat
17: Czmic and Pie
17: ZLF and Rolex
17: Kuro and Kyon
17: Manny and Exdeath
17: A.S. and Myram
17: HD and SkaterJB
Drowned in Pools:
Rolex
Codyyy
Ross
Komicturtle
AkaschicSword
8 Bit
Yoss
Pat
5#s
D-Torr
Pie
Blue Halberd
Angbad
B-Unit
HD
Myram
Vash
Gen 14
Pesticide
ZLF
Inuyasha
Manny
?
Blaze
Gdub
Skater JB
Awal
Majora
Ereth
Kuro
Dolo
Czmmic
Whale
True Blue
Mink
Ved
Dr Souss
Jazz
KDB
Exdeath
All Brawl:
1. True Blue
2. Ed
3/4 Mink and Chaz
Results were done by hand for All Brawl. 45 people entered it. 12 bailed and 12 lvl 9 luigi's were added in.
^ In no particular order
Special shoutout to everyone. You guys made this possible, i'm sorry it was so hot and it took so long.
I'll get working on the next one ASAP!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
FIRSTTTT

And just to note:

i beat Esam in winners bracket using mk (he agreed) and in grand he didn't allow me to use mk

i also used mk vs Jazz and gdub in pools. I believe those were the only times I used mk in tourney

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
11 characters in the top 12?

Damn

16 characters in the top 16?

Double Damn

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Stream / Videos for the tournament anywhere?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
not of my matches other than WF wario vs nickriddle and GF vs esam

fun fact

i didn't win any games i played against esam except the one game i used DDD against him which will eventually be uploaded

Nemy

群れ
Good games Ed, Yoss, MVD, DR3W, Ved(didnt get to play) ZLF(lol)
Def the most fun tourney ive been to. My pool was stacked lol. But its all good I like playing good people, I'll be able to tell when im getting better that way ;).

Also I got that Viper vs. Nick Riddle set on my wii. **** was great, I might upload it. Speaking of Nick, that Pit/Kirby doubles match was broken as **** hahhaha

Good times. I'll be at the next one for sure.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I was allowed to use MK vs AWAL in pools and Ed in loser's bracket (he beat me anyway in a super close 2-1, MK vs Sheik). I'm going to start practicing Wario/Wolf because my other characters legit don't really exist.

Also the results would've been this diverse whether MK was allowed or not. FL has a highly diverse scene, and with this being a regional with around 50-60 people, the results were bound to look colorful.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I honestly don't think MK should have been banned. At this point in 2013, people should be familiar to the match-up.

From a personal stand point, I have an easier time going up against MK than I do a Marth or Diddy Kong because I've played more of MK than any other character. Snake comes second for me.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Awesome tournament. Tired of not making it out of pools, but in the end I guess I havent been playing for very long so I cant complain

Shoutouts to

Mink: For being one chill motherf*cker, sharing your liquor, and dealing with bull**** from everyone.
Funk: For dem hype team matches
Mampam: For sweating so much it looked like he hopped in a pool (and bein an all around awesome dude)
Lade: For bodyin me in friendlies. was terribly off of my game, not sure why but no johns.
Chaz: Finally met the old school marth pro, thanks for the awesome friendlies. Not sure why i was playing so well those first two games lol, i blame it on the booze. (Glad they stopped calling me Chaz 2 XD)
Ryo: Guess who got they swagger back?!?!? Keep it up
Anyone I forgot or was too lazy to write something about: I love everyone

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Without sounding too full of myself, I am really excited to finally not drown in pools. I've been playing since 2010 and had nothing to show for it. Now I can finally have a result to be proud of. That being said, everyone should strive for improvement.

Now for some shoutouts:

• Papa Mink: None of this could have been done without you. You worked hard to put on probably my favorite tournament to travel to. Can't wait for next time!
  • Ian: You're the most chill guy ever. We need to play some more games. You're free in every game I have in my box.
  • Manny: Crazy set. It was really really close. I wish I knew Yoshi's was so busted for Sonic.
  • Viper and the Swampniggas: "Every T-Dawg has his day." Glad we put two from FGCU in pro bracket. Been really awesome seeing you all again. We are gonna go after it hard in the Fall back at FGCU.
  • Pat: Really glad I teamed with you. So much improvement with Kirby. You rock in mid tier. Too bad it's not as easy for you in bracket/pools
  • Angbad: That set we had before pools was awesome! Always good to play against characters that you aren't familiar with.
  • MVD: I really really hope to see Geno in Smash 4. Especially after hearing your enthusiasm for him. His reveal is only a matter of time and the first person I will think when it happens is you.

• Pissed Off Puerto Rican Housewife: My bad for opening your door when I though it was the venue. You were loud, you had the door ajar and you had the same room number as Ryan's apartment so you could see my misunderstanding. I could have looked at the building number but no johns.

• Billy (or B-Unti): Without you, I would have never been able to come up this weekend. Riding in the car with you was awesome and you are a really awesome friend. Can't wait to do it again and watch some more ****ty Newgrounds videos.
To everyone else I've played friendlies/matches with: Great seeing you all. I am really excited to do this again.

It was a great weekend. The Smash Community is amazing! Can't wait for next time!

OverLade

Smash Hero
I went Falco against MVD. Lost 1-2 last hit the two games I didn't win. Went all Snake otherwise in bracket. Used Wario and Kirby in pools, but I wouldn't count those.

No reason to put any of them in my results though.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
no one asked for an opinion is what he means. That's why he said "dont like the ban? dont show up"

Do you think I care whether or not anyone asked for my opinion? This is a forum. People can express how they feel whether you like it or not and I don't need permission to do so.

Thanks hun.

Mampam

Smash Ace
ok, seriously whytf is it my real name? -____- i have an alias LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

and why is diddy next to my name? the only person i beat with diddy was dew, EVERYONE ELSE i beat was snake

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
no one asked for an opinion is what he means. That's why he said "dont like the ban? dont show up"

Not to derail, but I really hate it when people say this. There's a reason you get a text box to type whatever you feel instead of just a butt that autoposts "Cool tourney 10/10"

That aside, had a pretty rockin' time.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
It's a shame I had to leave so early. But when you're as young as me you gotta obey the law, or you end up in juvy for the night.

SHOUTOUTS

Red Halberd: Yo man, thanks for our money match. I knew I was going to basically give you the $1, but I wanted to play against you so badly. Good stuff with Kirby.

Ryo: For being the best freakin' Ike currently active. From what I hear that doubles GF was awesome. Wish I could I have seen it with my own eyes.

Wizzy: Thanks for showing me that my MK is total garbage.

Mampam: Thanks for understanding that I had to leave early. You're a swell guy, can't wait to beat you face you in tournament again sometime.

Exdeath: Thanks for your business advice. I've made note of it, and if anything develops I'll let you know.

Gary: I remember those Sheik vs Ike matches. I may have lost, but buddy, I'm so glad I faced you.

Mink: For being the TO. Next time remind me to bring the ol' air conditioner, alright? I'm just glad you didn't get wasted, then we'd have been there til the next morning.

Funk: For letting me and ZLF in in the first place. At 9:45 in the morning, when everyone was still sleeping...

Seibrik: For sharing my taste in good-looking glasses. Stay classy.

FGCU Viper: Yo Viper, you know who it is. Thanks for playing with me and teaching me things whenever we got the chance.

Strawhat64

Smash Ace
Yoo, I had mad fun at this tourney :D. Looking forward for Papa V already lol...anyways..

Shout out to:

Kyon: For training me for this tournament for the past few weeks
Mink: For hosting the S tier Brawl tourney.
Awal: Sorry for dropping :salt: but good games never the less.
Raven: Good stuff on our match in pools.
Trump: One day, I'll beat you but there two people in my list before I go after you :>
Mampam: Ohhhh...just wait next time man, going to get you >:/.
Jazz: I am still waiting to fight you in a tourney match but good to see you again :D.
8bit: Interesting R.O.B, I look forward to fight it again :D.
Wizz: Good shee on this tourney bro.
D-torr: Thanks for teaching me how to play SFxT bro!
Ereth: You almost got me :D, next time for sure bro ^_^.
Gen 14: Keep working on that Luigi.
?: GGs in our pools too.
Afro guy: Yoo, sad that you had to quit this game but I hope to see you again!
Viper: Ugh, fine, I'll dollar MM just don't ask me again after that x.X.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Fun tournament. Heat sucks. Ferrets are ****ing awesome. Entering AllBrawl next time, looked hype as ****.

Somehow shoutouts:
The ESAM Mobile: Hype car rides are so legit. Next time let's not be sick so singing lame **** works even ebtter!
Viper: Good **** in our set bro. I noticed the crowd got to you G3, ever try headphones to block it out?
Chaz: Good **** seeing you again bro, mid-tiers is too hype.
Everybody else in my pool: Good games everybody!
MVD: Those blastzones doe. :troll:
RedHalberd: Quesedilla ass *****!
Wizzrobe: One minute I see the P:M setup and I wanna play you. Once I'm done with my stream matches I see both it and you had vanished. So sad.
Mink: Good **** with the tournament bro. Definitely looking forward to the next one.
Admiral Funk of the S.S. Pimpin: Best commentator, best 7-11 turner. Also, there was a Wal-Mart super close to Mink's place, but it wasn't close to the Publix. Get a little bodied.
Ed: Good **** on beating Master Raven. It was so hard to play my set when I wanted to watch you guys. >_<
Sako Noko (Jeff): Olimar 2gud, especially when you camp with him. Good to see you not salty this tournament!
ExDeath: Thanks for making me look free as **** in friendlies. I know how to improve a little more as a player. **** tornado though.

Everybody I forgot: Stay free~

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
SSGuy: GGs u have a pretty good wario. Maybe next time Ima go Peach :).

Rolex: U have a pretty decent ike. I learned about ike from losing to ryo pretty much every time :)

TheLateGen: I'm so glad u came. IDK when I will be going to another tourney outside of jax/gainsville, at least we will still be able to play brawl again on AIB :)

Nick Riddle: Stay Free to MK..........Ur impersonation of me is bad :p and thanks for playing my peach in friendlees I guess :/

GDX: What were those headphones called again?

ESAM: Thank you for the advice with ICs vs Snake and ICs vs Wario.

MVD: Thanks also for advice with both of those MUs.

Mampam: Ur snake :(. I almost got you with PEACH!!!! :peach::peach::peach: ur snake too good.

Seibrik: Very long (my fault) very close and very almost epic ending matches. Maybe I will get u next time (maybe). Maybe if I didn't drop grabs on u. Thats what I get for never practicing my cgs. Only time I practice them is when I go on basic brawl(sometimes) or when I pick them in a wifi dubs I join on AIB(rarely). Good stuff, I always thought that MU was impossible for wario.

Mink: Thanks for hosting the tournament. The room smelled lovely. I started to feel really happy when I walked in for some reason and I hope your wire guitar hanging on the wall is ok :(

True Blue: Thank you for the pink puzzle pieces :). I need to get out of my comfort zone and play you with :peach: again :(

Chaz: Ur marth is so good. I'm trying to remember the name of the other marth player I played in pools. U both were hella good.

Komicturtle/Parmesan: Boo thanks so much for the financial help. Pls hang out with Jax more. TEAMS WERE HELLA FUN :D

Ved: For driving there and back on practically the same day O_O and paying for my jobless broke ass to go :(

5pounds: RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U gone do better next tournament.
Ross: We need to learn Super Smash Bros Melee. Help me D:

Jax will get this next time ;)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Yeah imo Daisy, its 50/50 completely and its always gona be that way as long as i play that way

and yes you did drop grabs but it could be argued, especially as wario, that me getting grabbed in the first place was me ****ing up as well

but yeah, as long as they were, i was having alot of fun with them because i always see it as a test of my endurance/mental stamina when i use wario vs IC

and im pretty sure as a result of playing Esam's IC's as much as i have in that MU i have the most patience in the world (at least out of the warios lol)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
yeah u sure do have patience compared to other warios

(cough Geoff, cough Gmoney) COUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

inb4stfumike.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I wish I stayed a tad longer to watch Daisy go up against Seibrik. But I was so drained and fatigued from heat and running on 3-4 hours of sleep from 8AM-2AM :(

I'll try to visit Jax more often <3

AkashicSword

Yokai
I had a wonderful time, although my butt still hurts from the owning I received from Nick Riddle. (Great set though, I'm glad I had the chance to play you).

Top Bottom