• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combos in 1.1

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
^Self explanatory. And once I get someone else's Wii, I'll stop being a hypocrite and contribute to this myself rather than relying on everyone else to do this for me.

Basically details on combos that work better/worse at low percents, Jab cancel shenanigans, etc. Post stuff here. I'll edit this post as information comes up. And I'll arrange it so that there are mini sections for each character on what they get.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
From reeeealy quick observation.

Snake's F-tilt is NERFED in 1.1.

As you may or may not know, Snake's F-tilt does less damage on aerial opponents (the 2nd hit does 9-10 damage as opposed to 12 on aerial opponents).

The thing is, I'm pretty sure on most characters, Snake's F-tilt1 in 1.1 knocks people into the air!

Thus Snake is looking at his F-tilt doing about 18-19 damage fresh in 1.1 instead of 21. Furthermore it's far less likely to KO.

The people who say Snake is the best in 1.1 are absolutely nuts. This nerf is HUGE for Snake, considering that most of his damage comes from that move.

Jab -> F-tilt basically makes up for lost damage. The question is does he now have to time it differently on floaties in order to get the meteor hit? Does the sourspot link into F-tilt1 reliably now?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
18 to 19% is still more than enough damage, especially if everything is going to kill earlier.

Follow-ups based on reads aren't horribly damaged, and Snake's combos don't seem to be horribly damage. I'm more interested to see the effects on his Dair and Nair. I'll check it out when I get home.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Compared to all the characters who benefit more from medium knockback moves becoming legit KO moves (a 20% decrease in percent required to KO matters more for a medium knockback move than a high knockback move), and the characters who actually combo more easily under 1.1 physics making them more threatening from 0%, Snake doing less damage and KO knockback with his F-tilt in comparison makes him significantly weaker in 1.1 physics, considering it's by far his most practical punish move.

I quickly tested Renegade's claim that Mario's U-air combos better in 1.1 physics, and that seems to be the case. It keeps people above and in front of Mario a bit better thanks to the slight knockback increase, and against characters with slow forward aerials like Snake, Ike, and Donkey Kong, it's a better trap setup into a F-air gimp.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Never really explored 1.1, how does it affect chaingrabs? Any difference?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^As far as the one's on DDD's end, it doesn't seem to change them by much, iirc the only truly changed ones are Marth and TL.

Yikarur

Smash Master
1.1 doesn't effect damage at all lol

E: I know now what you mean but ftilt doesn't lift my char in the air if the first hit hits grounded.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Specifics on chaingrabs would be appreciated while I'm without a wii to test things myself.

When I get a Wii and a lot of free time and boredom (HOPEFULLY this weekend)...I'll probably do comprehensive data on Jab frame advantages.

(will probably update the OP later this week)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Buffed? No. It would nerf it actually. It would increase the KB on the lock causing it to make the person to flop further. It's one reason why Lucas' Jab Lock can almost always lead to a kill. It goes hardly anywhere and even has a lower DI potency to it. And he gets 6 damage off of it. But it only works like after 30 or 40.

Top Bottom