• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMBO VIDEO CLIP THREAD

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
So let's try to put in our favorite clips for a combo video!

Here we can discuss what requirements each clip needs to meet in order to be accepted into the collection.

We can discuss who's going to do editing with what programs.

Where we're gonna use someone with a capture card or stuff already on youtube

Finishing touches, etc.

And here we can assign a good handful to be in charge of the project

I'll organize this post later, but i've got a tourney to run today.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
I might have a few clips, I'll only be able to get them by like the 15th of Dec though because exams + holidays = no time to hack wii

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I have quite a few clips i've been saving up for something like this.

Okay so, I feel the criteria for it should be:

1. Something that is out of the ordinary (duh)

2. Something that required at least some skill. :D

3. Something that had a definable 'wow' moment in it rather than just being general good play (like a chain to a kill that was epic, rather than just 'I took out this guys' stock in 2 minutes without taking any percent!)

Or something like that?

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I would like to add another requirement to Luco's; the players in said clip should be around the same skill level. As in the clips should not be considered if the opponent was simply being stupid and not thinking and that was the reasoning you got said kill/combo. :p

Although this part should be in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wJpcd3tFd8o#t=295
(about 4:55 to 5:00) xD

Tikao

Smash Ace
the games should be offline and not vs cpu's ... you just got delay online, so combo's could happen, which wouldn't be possible versus this enemy offline, so this is like cheating ... and no cpu's ... well, should be obvious
"HEY i got a cool combo vs a cpu lvl 0,3 , and he died, and i got no damage, and i got a uthrow-chaingrab and then the 146 pk-fire strings to jab-kill because he got 999%, this totally needs to be in a combo-video"

not every clip should be versus the same charackter "hey look this awesome new ness/lucas combo video, where 90% ganons got killed"

and even if some combo's are great ... if we got nearly the same combo 10 times already, then it shouldn't be in there ... well you could edit it in a special "hey look, 11 combo's at the same time on one screen" way (like hakadama did in his lucas combo video) ... well 11 times is still too much, but you should know what i mean by that

so another question : for the recording ... do we simply send the clip to another person or do we record them on our own ... because if we record them on our own, then we shouldn't have 2374174 diffrent ness-textures (like me using ninten) or 123741624 textures for the same stage

and another thing ... we should find awesome earthbound/mother music for this

i need to start playing ssbb again, got no clips, and they won't happen by not playing the game

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Bus OC Remix

Porkie of Porkie of Porkie of Porkie of - Mother 3

Future Destination - Renard (pretty quick/loud)

Another Winter - Renard (I have an edited version of this with the lyrics omitted cos it sounds better that way, this is also a remix of Another Winter by Anamanaguchi)

Planet - Anamanaguchi (these guys are good for 8bit-esque music)

I also really enjoyed PK Nightmare's song and Japan's CV song.

If anyone can find a good remix of this Mother 3 song I think it'd be great. Like the GLL's remix which is here (scroll down)

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
IMO I think clips from online are ok as long as the lag isn't obvious, not to mention there's like 0 matches of me offline xD

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
Bus OC Remix

Porkie of Porkie of Porkie of Porkie of - Mother 3

Future Destination - Renard (pretty quick/loud)

Another Winter - Renard (I have an edited version of this with the lyrics omitted cos it sounds better that way, this is also a remix of Another Winter by Anamanaguchi)

Planet - Anamanaguchi (these guys are good for 8bit-esque music)

I also really enjoyed PK Nightmare's song and Japan's CV song.

If anyone can find a good remix of this Mother 3 song I think it'd be great. Like the GLL's remix which is here (scroll down)
We don't wanna use anything from the last community combo video, if we can help it. Look up "We can Recover!" or I'll post it up when I get home later. Cuz I know some of the oto no ishi songs and chiptune stuff was used in it.

another question : for the recording ... do we simply send the clip to another person or do we record them on our own ... because if we record them on our own, then we shouldn't have 2374174 diffrent ness-textures (like me using ninten) or 123741624 textures for the same stage
Lol, should assign 2-3 people to record it. Does anyone have a good capture card? I suppose the recorders could identify the parts of each replay that could be salvaged for the video? Something like that.

Top Bottom