• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Question

Pickles_211

Smash Rookie
When I'm playing against fox mains, sometimes after I shine them (I'm pretty sure it's when they don't DI), they get sent at a weird trajectory and they aren't put into hitstun. It always puts them in a weird position and I don't know how to follow up. Considering I never see this happen in higher level play, my guess is this is because there's an easy punish that I'm not noticing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and have any suggestions?

WulyahmK

Smash Cadet
I know exactly what you're talking about, and I would also really like to know more about this lol

I think my friend told me it had something to do with NTSC.

AndyT0073

Smash Cadet
I think it's when you shine fox while in downbound. Also i feel like this happens alot more in NTSC v1.1 than v1.2 from my experience and I think v1.1 has different hitlag/hitstun behavior but not sure.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
When I'm playing against fox mains, sometimes after I shine them (I'm pretty sure it's when they don't DI), they get sent at a weird trajectory and they aren't put into hitstun. It always puts them in a weird position and I don't know how to follow up. Considering I never see this happen in higher level play, my guess is this is because there's an easy punish that I'm not noticing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and have any suggestions?
This has nothing to do with NTSC, you dont see it at high level play b/c they play around it. Basically, it happens b/c your shine is stale and you are shineing thier missed tech. So u didnt true combo them and u shined anyway. If you used shine at all in your last 3 moves (im kinda fuzzy on exact amount) then its stale and will actually act like a jab reset that shoots them into the air. U have to uptilt or use some other move to hit them in these situations.

But this has NOTHING TO DO WITH NTSC

Last edited:

Pickles_211

Smash Rookie
This has nothing to do with NTSC, you dont see it at high level play b/c they play around it. Basically, it happens b/c your shine is stale and you are shineing thier missed tech. So u didnt true combo them and u shined anyway. If you used shine at all in your last 3 moves (im kinda fuzzy on exact amount) then its stale and will actually act like a jab reset that shoots them into the air. U have to uptilt or use some other move to hit them in these situations.

But this has NOTHING TO DO WITH NTSC
Awesome, that makes a ton of sense. Thanks!

Top Bottom