• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo List

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
This is a general list of Pikachu's combos and pseudo-combos. Pretty self-explanatory.

If you have any to add, feel free to post them.

The Basic Combos​
1) D-tilt > F-tilt
2) D-tilt > F-smash
3) U-tilt > D-smash
4) U-tilt >U-tilt D-smash
5) U-tilt > U-tilt > U-smash > Thunder
6) U-tilt > U-tilt > Jump > U-air > Fast Fall > Jump > U-air > Double Jump > N-air
7) Short Hop > Auto-canceled N-air > Grab > anything
8) Fast-fall > F-air > U-tilt > U-air > U-air/N-air/F-air
9) Fast-fall > F-air > U-tilt > U-air > U-air
10) FF > F-air > U-smash
11) FF> F-air > D-smash
12) FF > F-air > Grab
13) FF > F-air > D-tilt
14) U-smash > Thunder
15) Full hop Thunderjolt toward opponent > QA once/twice in front of TJ to hit them
16) U-smash > U-smash
17) U-air > N-air
18) Ground-canceled D-air > Grab or any attack
19) Double/Triple Thunderjolt: When recovering from a high point of the stage, fire some jolts. The first one may trip them, so the next two will hit them easily.
20) Thunder > N-air (Thunair)
21) Thunder (when pika gets hit by the lightning) > D-air or A (you should get at least one hit in)
22) D-throw > F-tilt > Reverse anything (Good for reversing a chaingrab at low percents)
23) D-air > Skull bash (used when edgeguarding at mid-low percents)

Grab Combos​
1) Grab > F-throw > Dashing Cancel U-smash
2) Grab > B-throw > Skull Bash
3) Grab > D-throw > Short Hop > D-air
4) Grab > D-throw > U-tilt > U-smash
5) Grab > U-throw > Double Jump > F-air > N-air[/COLOR]
6) Grab > U-throw > Jump > B-air > Double Jump > U-air
7) Grab > U-throw > Thunder
8) Grab > U-throw > U-smash > Thunder
9) Grab > D-throw > D-smash
10) Grab > D-throw > U-tilt > U-air > U-air (if they air-dodge, then Nair)
11) Grab > D-throw > Auto-canceled Dair > Grab (follow DI)
12) Grab > D-throw > DAC boostgrab (on heavies/fast fallers)
13) Grab > D-throw > Shield (if they attack) > Grab
13) Grab > B-throw > QAC to anything (on heavies/fast fallers)

14) Grab Release (when your opponent is near the edge) > Chase them off of the stage + Falling Aerial
15) Grab > F-throw > QAC > Nair (or any aerial)
16) Grab > F-throw > QAC > Grounded Dair
17) Grab > U-throw > U-air > U-air

Quick Attack and QAC Combos​
1) QA to the ground > D-air (you should do an immediate D-air on the ground)
2) QA through opponent -> QA back
3) QAC > Nair
4) QAC > Uair > Nair
5) QAC > Bair
6) QAC > Charged/Uncharged Skull Bash
7) QAC > Grounded/Full-hopped Thunder jolt
8) QAC > QAC (keep going through them)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You'll probably get some heat for this thread, (combos don't exist crud) but it's still a good idea anyways. I'd change the title to combos/strings.

Here's some I've used:
dthrow>uptilt>upair>upair (if they airdodge, you nair)
dthrow>dair (autocanceled)>(follow DI) grab

On heavier/fastfalling characters:
dthrow>DAC boostgrab
bthrow>QAC>whatever

Edit: FF>fair>uptilt>upair

high percents:
upsmash>thunder

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dan, you joined the Pikachu mains?

EDIT: COMBOS DON'T EXIST YOU FREAKING NOOB!!!! Jk.
I don't main him...yet. He's fun to use. I've only used him for like 3 days now- the second day being in-tourney... where I got third place, lol. So yeah...

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Fair is golden for starting Pika combos.

Here's one I like: FF > fair > u-tilt > u-tilt > nair.

It can rack up up to 32% at best. After I do this, I usually go for another FF> fair to keep the combo going, which works like half the time. When it doesn't work I never get punished for trying, though.

Note: Because of the u-tilts, this works best on opponents at low-moderate damage.

Oh, and here's a simple combo you should really mention: FF > fair > any tilt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't every combo that can be started with u-tilt be started with FF > Fair > u-tilt?
FF > fair just chains into u-tilt so nicely.

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
I always get interrupted at the u-tilt part, is fair really lagless? I get interrupted when trying to transfer into other things a lot with it.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Quick Attack and QAC Combos
4) QAC > Uair > Nair

You have it as a good KO option at high percents. (orange) This isn't a combo at high percents though. :/

Neither is
Grab Combos / Combos from Grabs
5) Grab > U-throw > Double Jump > F-air > N-air

neji32

Smash Lord
Fthrow>thunder
for some reason, when you throw people forward they feel the need to jump back if they dont get cg.
I think I learned it from pieman, its a great mind game combo

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Fthrow>thunder
for some reason, when you throw people forward they feel the need to jump back if they dont get cg.
I think I learned it from pieman, its a great mind game combo
This can work, and if it works, it would humiliate the opponent. Though the opponent would probably wise up after the 2nd time you try it. So keep that in mind.

Here's another combo:
Dash to the opponent, quickly turn around, jump and do u-air simultaneously, then nair. It is both flashy and effective!
Or after the jump+u-air you FF fair, then chain that into anything.

D20

Smash Lord
"Brawl" and "combo" shouldn't be used in the same sentence. However, Piman34 and SilverSpark have really good sigs.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
stealth raptor you fail hard core, sir. EDITD FTL, and, i guess mine's okay, i wanted one of jessica alba tho, she's so hot :D

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
"Brawl" and "combo" shouldn't be used in the same sentence. However, Piman34, SilverSpark, Stealth Raptor and Muhznit have really good sigs.
Fixed again. Am I the only one on this board proud to have an animated .png as my sig?

D20

Smash Lord
I guess Pikachu players, in general, have awesome sigs. On a side note, I should play Brawl sometime.

ZitchX

Smash Cadet
Uhh... idk if this works... but it always gets my Fox/falco/Wolf/Sheik/Cf friends... lol amazing those 2 friends main all 5 of them...

Anyway... after the Dthrow chains.... they have a tendency to air dodge before hitting the ground... or jump...

I always catch them with a SH/FH Thundah...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The thunder is in no way guaranteed, so it's not really a combo. Just your friends being predictable, hehe.

Thanks for the input, though.

Looking above this post.... @Stealth: whatever happened to that combo vid, anyway? x.x I was kinda looking forward to it.

PZ

Smash Lord
shield combo

short hop Dair>short hop fair>grab/Dtilt/Dsmash/Ftilt/Fsmash
hope this helps
personally i prefer Fsmash cuz if they move u want to aim for them pretty much at the end of this short combo u have to predict ur opponent=( but it works on heavies i practiced on them=)
NOTE:THIS IS A SHIELD EATER COMBO! but it can also rack up damage also u must perfect pika storming so u wont have any lag after short hop dair

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
I usually do SH Dair and at the last frame of him landing with no lag I fastfall it so he'll land with no lag BUT he lands on his feet like one frame earlier and follow up with a Dtilt to Nair or Dtilt to grab.

It'll look like you didn't do nothing by FF his auto-cancelled Dair but try it in training mode, Pika lands on his feet a little faster ready for an attack.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
BUT he lands on his feet like one frame earlier
Unless you've tested this in debug mode, it'd be REALLY hard to eyeball a one-frame difference..... that's 1/60th of a second, lol.

Maybe someone will be nice enough to test it, but claiming frame data without actually testing it frame-by-frame is probably not a good idea.

Kantō

Smash Champion
wow nice list of combos. i didnt even think of some of those. now i have some more practicing to do!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Fyi, some of them aren't real combos..... this thread is super, super old.

It just keeps getting necro-bumped.

PZ

Smash Lord
Shield eater combo? That combo is a good way of getting shield grabbed.
yea but only wrks if ur opponent thinks ur not goin to use fair but yea ur right pretty much personally i used if on ppl who attack more or n other words r offensive more than defensive:laugh:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
yea but only wrks if ur opponent thinks ur not goin to use fair but yea ur right pretty much personally i used if on ppl who attack more or n other words r offensive more than defensive:laugh:
But if it's a "shield eater" combo, doesn't that imply that the opponent is shielding? As in, being defensive? @.@

If they're shielding, they can easily shield grab the fair on reaction whether they were expecting it or not.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Fyi, some of them aren't real combos..... this thread is super, super old.

It just keeps getting necro-bumped.
What are you talking about? Bthrow > Skullbash is amazing! Making a combo list in brawl is pretty **** hard cause most of them would be dependent on percent, character, and stalness of a move. I always wanted to make some kind of flow chart for Pika's combos. Might look better than a combo list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom