• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Game

up-throw_up-air

Smash Rookie
Yo I'm a Gunner pocket. I've been doing the Gunner combo of- (at low %s) Up throw - up air dragdown - up tilt - ect. , but I recently labbed out the combo in training and found that I couldn't get the up throw - up air combo thrue. Up air takes so lon to come out that it's easily avoidable from up throw at low %s. However, I believe I may have labbed out the up air dragdown to up tilt extension to be true in training, but it's been inconsistent for me. My question is whether or not it is known that the up air dragdown to up tilt extension can be true or not? And I'm also curious on how to true combo into/out of up air dragdown, if known to be possible. I still do really enjoy doing up air dragdown combos with Gunner, even if the combos aren't always true. I like to play more rushdown and combo heavy with characters I play in smash bros, so I like to know how to (throw) combo with Gunner to have fun with the character.

Oh btw, since this may help to, I like to make my own Gunner characters and play them a lot, but the main Gunner I play, which is my pocket Gunner, has the moveset of: Lasers Neutral Special, Stealth Burst Side Special, the 1st Up Special (does damage, but isn't the powerful, low recovery Up Special with Armor), and Bomb Drop Down Special.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Yo I'm a Gunner pocket. I've been doing the Gunner combo of- (at low %s) Up throw - up air dragdown - up tilt - ect. , but I recently labbed out the combo in training and found that I couldn't get the up throw - up air combo thrue. Up air takes so lon to come out that it's easily avoidable from up throw at low %s. However, I believe I may have labbed out the up air dragdown to up tilt extension to be true in training, but it's been inconsistent for me. My question is whether or not it is known that the up air dragdown to up tilt extension can be true or not? And I'm also curious on how to true combo into/out of up air dragdown, if known to be possible. I still do really enjoy doing up air dragdown combos with Gunner, even if the combos aren't always true. I like to play more rushdown and combo heavy with characters I play in smash bros, so I like to know how to (throw) combo with Gunner to have fun with the character.

Oh btw, since this may help to, I like to make my own Gunner characters and play them a lot, but the main Gunner I play, which is my pocket Gunner, has the moveset of: Lasers Neutral Special, Stealth Burst Side Special, the 1st Up Special (does damage, but isn't the powerful, low recovery Up Special with Armor), and Bomb Drop Down Special.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread
We have a combo thread in this character thread that is also pinned in the Gunner discord. There are even a few videos that show off some of the combos. Up throw to up air is true as a kill confirm at mid to high percents. We have a thread in here that has up throw to up air percents for the cast. Gunner isn't a character that has long combos, but we have some projectiles that can combo into most of our moveset. For your moveset, bombs can combo into most of your moveset, but I would recommend trying out the other neutral specials and side specials for more combos. Grenades, missiles, and flame pillar are great combo starters while charge blast is a powerful combo finisher. Full charge blast can also combo into grab or dash attack at low percents on a close range hit. We have some up air drag down combos, but they require a hit from up air that you can't guarantee from a grab. Up tilt is true from most drag down up air hits, but I have also gotten it before. Up throw can combo into nair or frame trap opponents into up air or up smash at low percents, but it can make the up throw to dj up air kill confirm harder to land since you lose the freshness bonus.

up-throw_up-air

Smash Rookie
We have a combo thread in this character thread that is also pinned in the Gunner discord. There are even a few videos that show off some of the combos. Up throw to up air is true as a kill confirm at mid to high percents. We have a thread in here that has up throw to up air percents for the cast. Gunner isn't a character that has long combos, but we have some projectiles that can combo into most of our moveset. For your moveset, bombs can combo into most of your moveset, but I would recommend trying out the other neutral specials and side specials for more combos. Grenades, missiles, and flame pillar are great combo starters while charge blast is a powerful combo finisher. Full charge blast can also combo into grab or dash attack at low percents on a close range hit. We have some up air drag down combos, but they require a hit from up air that you can't guarantee from a grab. Up tilt is true from most drag down up air hits, but I have also gotten it before. Up throw can combo into nair or frame trap opponents into up air or up smash at low percents, but it can make the up throw to dj up air kill confirm harder to land since you lose the freshness bonus.
Yo, this is fantastic information. Thank you for the response, this information is great to know. I was thinking that I could possibly up air drag down into up tilt if I were to use up air, but not from an up throw. Also, I labbed out that at low %s, down throw to nair isn't true, even though it's a common bnb for Gunners? Is it possible to combo down throw into nair true at higher %s, or is it just an untrue combo? (I'll make sure to read the threads and watch the videos on Gunner so I'm not just asking you everything) And also, I believe I also labbed out that at low %s, up throw to nair isn't true? Although I may just be wrong on that.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Both dthrow to nair and up throw to nair are true. It is much easier to get them when you do an active hop on the nair. Active hop is an instant double jump method that greatly enhances Gunner's grab game. There is a video for the active hop on this character thread. Both combos are true from low to mid percents, but dthrow to nair is true at high percents depending on the character. At mid percents or higher you would need to delay the double jump slightly to hit the opponent as soon as possible.

Top Bottom