• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo chart

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
Hello all!

Using StrongBad's hitstun calculator and the Zelda frame data thread, I've attempted to create a chart for all the combos Zelda can do.

Here is the chart.

It's a very basic chart. It doesn't account for the victim's position when they get out of hitstun, so e.g. you can't actually hit FW (reappearance hitbox)>Usmash>Usmash>Nair>LK, because FW knocks the victim too far away to hit Usmash. Likewise, it doesn't account for DI, or smash DI. Neither does it account for landing lag on the aerial moves. But, assuming I've done the math right, the chart shows when there are enough frames of hitstun to connect with a given move to connect with a given followup.

Perhaps more importantly, it says for certain what combinations are not true combos, because there isn't enough hit advantage for the second move to connect. E.g. dash attack's late hit (that sends the opponent up) is a really terrible combo starter that doesn't combo into anything from 0-30.

If someone would double-check my math for hitstun and hit advantage (on the Calculation & Data sheet), that would help me a lot.

Otherwise, the only thing stopping me from doing it for every character and % is that I don't know how to use a number from one cell as an address in another cell. If I could do that, then it'd save me from typing in cell numbers every time I want to add another character or %. Update: I figured it out.

I hope this is useful to others. If nothing else, it helped me examine the frame data thread.

Last edited:

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
That's pretty hype. Didn't take a super close look at it, but did you take into account the extra 0.5x hitlag on electric moves?

Miryafa

Smash Apprentice
That's pretty hype. Didn't take a super close look at it, but did you take into account the extra 0.5x hitlag on electric moves?
Thanks! And yeah, StrongBad's calculator accounts for the 0.5x extra hitstun on electric moves, so the chart does too.

Randomman14

Smash Cadet
This chart is great. I was just wondering if you'd possibly add fox or falco to the characters. Those are two of my closest match ups and want to see what we can do to them.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
This chart is great. I was just wondering if you'd possibly add fox or falco to the characters. Those are two of my closest match ups and want to see what we can do to them.
up-throw, up-smash, f-tilt, and sweetspot dash attack. Chain those together in some shape or form. f-throw makes a nice mixup when you're doing chaingrabs, too. It's fast, so they're unlikely the get the tech.

Top Bottom