• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combine the worst attributes of Melee, Brawl, and Sm4sh Zelda to create the worst Zelda possible

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Customs are allowed because I truly mean the absolute worst Zelda.

Down B must be Phantom Breaker because changing into a top tier is too good of a move, and the other phantoms have at least some use.

Neutral B should be Nayru's Rejection to remove its ability to deal damage.

Side B should be Din's Flare to make the move even more predictable.

Can't decide on the rest.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
lol melee Nair, Fsmash and USmash since you can sdi out of them
Melee Dair and Dtilt

kicks remain as smash 4 kicks
same with ftilt

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Lighting Kicks from Smash 4 because this is the worst they've ever been.

Up air from Melee because somehow it's even more garbage there.

Farore's Windfall because who needs a good recovery?

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'll start with Jab

First Melee's frame data. Almost not changed overall, but it has a later FAF, so lol.

I think SSB4 1.0.0's hitbox sizes/placements were the worst iteration actually. 1.1.1 fixed them, but 1.0.0's will do. (Note: Outer loop hitbox in SSB4 is SLIGHTLY smaller than Brawl's. Otherwise the schemes are pretty much identical.)

Melee probably had the worst hitbox KB/angle stats, IDK if they're identical to Brawl's, but both were flops and didn't even try to connect.

Melee and brawl's damage were both identical and bad. (Factoid: 1.0.0 SSB4's is the same as well, at 2% x 3)

Brawl visual was the worst, closely followed by the almost identical SSB4 visual, so that one. :secretkpop: Melee's Jab visual was top tier.

The move hasn't changed too much over the games tbh. Generally now, SSB4 has some of the better designs because it tries now.

lol melee Nair, Fsmash and USmash since you can sdi out of them
I think you don't even have to SDI those moves to fall out LOL

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Most of Melee's stuff will do for the worst.

If you want to get specific though you need to include certain things from Brawl and SSB4 like FAFs because most of Melee Zelda's attacks actually had better FAFs than Brawl/SSB4's.

Somehow SSB4 has some terrible data for Zelda though. See: LKs

Last edited:

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Smash 4 Lightning Kicks (the worst they've ever been, why couldn't they stay the same from Melee? lol)
Melee Dins Fail (although is this saying much?)
Melee U-Smash, F-Smash and Nair (All SDI)
Melee D-Air
Melee Speed
Melee Kirby's Grabs and Butterfingers throws leaving self suicide.
Melee's Farore's Wind with worst lag

^ Unplayable Zelda at its finest. lol

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
Melee Din's because it was so bad that it makes Sm4sh Din's look good in comparison

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
LOL this thread. Can this be the official "negativity thread"?

Give us
- All the terrible hitboxes from Melee along with the bad frame data
- Melee movement speed
- Melee grab and throws
- Melee Farore's, Nayru's Passion, Melee Din's, and Phantom Breaker*
- Smash 4 Kicks with Brawl sweetspot placement
- Melee Nair, Dair, and Uair but they all have Smash 4 frame data
- Can't sweetspot ledge
- All of this in Brawl's engine :secretkpop:

*Alternatively give us Brawl Sheik with the long loading time. Can't have Zelda hiding behind the Phantom to avoid projectiles!

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I was gonna say that you forgot to include PM on the list of games to choose from. Then I remembered that PM was PM kappa.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
From Melee, it would be...

Jab, grab, throws(remember, no chaingrabbing in this game!), dtilt(only combos into itself until high percents, and you need perfect timing or else you get punished), Din's, Farore's, uair, nair, dair, fsmash(specifically the disc version with DIable multi hit moves), and usmash(ditto).

From Brawl, it would be...

Sweetspot data and epic hitstun(so when we're blocked, we can be punished with virtually anything).

From Sm4sh, it would be...

Nayru's(if we have to stick to non-customs), animation for kicks, and phantom slash because transforming off of Zelda is cheating. Unless we found some way to program Brawl's long animation only for us to remain Zelda, which would be a rather elaborate taunt.

I don't know which utilt we'd want to keep for the worst just because each have their uses in different ways.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Oh I forgot.

Brawl's Up taunt. That was gross.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Melee Din's for sure. Even just for the feeble yelp Zelda does while everyone waits 50 frames for Din's to detonate. "Yah!"
Brawl dash animation, such flop.
Sm4sh's character announcement. "zellduh"

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Why does the other thread have more posts than this one

This thread is way more relevant and important!

frest123

Smash Cadet
I'll start with Jab

First Melee's frame data. Almost not changed overall, but it has a later FAF, so lol.

I think SSB4 1.0.0's hitbox sizes/placements were the worst iteration actually. 1.1.1 fixed them, but 1.0.0's will do. (Note: Outer loop hitbox in SSB4 is SLIGHTLY smaller than Brawl's. Otherwise the schemes are pretty much identical.)

Melee probably had the worst hitbox KB/angle stats, IDK if they're identical to Brawl's, but both were flops and didn't even try to connect.

Melee and brawl's damage were both identical and bad. (Factoid: 1.0.0 SSB4's is the same as well, at 2% x 3)

Brawl visual was the worst, closely followed by the almost identical SSB4 visual, so that one. :secretkpop: Melee's Jab visual was top tier.

The move hasn't changed too much over the games tbh. Generally now, SSB4 has some of the better designs because it tries now.

I think you don't even have to SDI those moves to fall out LOL
Might I ask how the heck did your Din's spike Ike in your signature?!

frest123

Smash Cadet
It was a GIF made from a modded version SSB4 where Din's has a spike angle. Unfortunately NOT a mainstream game function.
OMG, SSB4 MODDED VERSION?! *dies*

Even if Din's Fire did spike, wouldn't really make it better tbh.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Did the buffs make everyone blind to her bad moves from older games and this game?

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Well...

Smash 4 Nayru's is now pretty much better than the other ones in every way but damage.

Dsmash is still worse than Melee's FAF and doesn't have the power and intangibility of Brawl's so it's still worse.

I'm pretty sure Smash 4 Ftilt is now the best. Jab is waaay better than past versions (lol@5/6%).

Uair is still smaller than Brawl's with less killing power. But it can be combo'd into along with having more damage so it's debatable.

Our Nair now does as much damage as Brawl's, but it still has less range (I think?). However, Smash 4 Nair is her ultimate combo starter, so this one is also debatable. Also the landing lag.

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Oh, it was? I never saw any Zelda use it so I was assuming it was bad oops
when you could get it, you could actually combo off it, which was rare for zelda to do in melee. It's just that Dsmash was plenty of damage and worked well with crouch cancel because it came out faster. It's just that in melee top tier generally don't have the lag to punish with Ftilt

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Smash 4 fair,bair, and down b. Melee everything else. Brawl model.

Top Bottom