• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combine the best attributes of Melee, Brawl, and Sm4sh Zelda to create the best Zelda possible

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
:secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

The counterpart to the other thread. Customs are allowed even though they're all trash except 1 or 2

- Melee Kicks
- Brawl power Uair
- Smash 4 Nair with Brawl frame data
- Smash 4 Dair
- Smash 4 Tilts and Jab
- Brawl Smashes with Smash 4 hitbox fixes
- Smash 4 grab and throws
- Brawl Nayru's, Brawl Din's, Smash 4 Farore's, and Phantom or Sheik
- Melee's long rolls
- Smash 4 movement speed
----
This is also the first thread I've ever made holy ****.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Wow stop copying me gorl.

Expect a letter from my lawyer.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Am I allowed to say Melee Down B?
no?
K

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
My lawyer has come back with positive news, should be an easy win for me.
PK21's lawyer said:
In your thread, you posted 5 :secretkpop:'s.
5 is an odd number.
That means it isn't an even number.
That means that you can't even.
You can't even at the fact that Zelda could be possibly made worse if you combines her worst attributes from every game, so you made another thread to list her best attributes.
Doing this created the second new thread about Zelda today.
2 is an even number.
You did this so that you can even.
You being able to even gives me an excuse to use this picture:
inspirational_fa1f7d_5187880.jpg

My lawyering skills are top-notch as you can see.
Case closed.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
:secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop::secretkpop:

The counterpart to the other thread. Customs are allowed even though they're all trash except 1 or 2

- Melee Kicks
- Brawl power Uair
- Smash 4 Nair with Brawl frame data
- Smash 4 Dair
- Smash 4 Tilts and Jab
- Brawl Smashes with Smash 4 hitbox fixes
- Smash 4 grab and throws
- Brawl Nayru's, Brawl Din's, Smash 4 Farore's, and Phantom or Sheik
- Melee's long rolls
- Smash 4 movement speed
----
This is also the first thread I've ever made holy ****.
IMO, Sm4sh Din's Flare might be nicer bcuz Sm4sh recoveries laugh at Brawl's Din. Wait! How about Light Arrow for SideB? yep fixed zeldoo for gud, ur welcym

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have to go with Brawl Din's if only because:

1. It's noticeably faster in exploding compared to Smash 4's. You used to be able to pop Din's infront of you instantly in Brawl while in Smash 4 the fireball doesn't even detonate infront of you from just tapping side B.
2. There is no sweet spot to deal with, and it's equal damage and knockback for it's whole radius.
3. It seems to travel farther and faster too, and has more flexibility.

I'd also vote for Smash 4's Nayru's, if only because it's the only iteration where the invul frames and the hitbox frames actually overlap if I remember correctly. It also has the best linking hitboxes? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I honestly miss Brawl Utilt and Dtilt! Utilt if only because compared to Usmash, trading with it was really beneficial for you since it was so powerful and covered USmash's weakness of being multihit (thus horrible in trades).

Brawl Dtilt for Zelda in Smash 4 with similar locking down properties would be pretty amazing really. Not to mention linking them with her Melee LKs! It would be a great hit confirm for her.

I don't think I missed anything else-?

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Melee Lightning Kicks
Brawl Din's Fire (best version of this move)
Smash 4 or Brawl Nayru's. Speed of Smash 4, but utility of Brawl.
Brawl Smashes
Smash 4 Farore's Wind
Phantom (or Sheik)
Smash 4 walk and dash speed
Smash 4 grabs and throws
Brawl F-tilt and D-tilt
Smash 4 U-tilt
Smash 4 Jab
Brawl U-air
Smash 4 Dair
Brawl Nair range with Smash 4 speed

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Melee Lightning Kicks were stupid broken (Fair and Bair of course, not her crappy Dair). Fast, safe, ranged and excellent reward. Sweetspots killed super early, sourspots sometimes combod into sweetspots and even if they didn't, the knockback hit them far enough to still be in an advantaged position, on top of them doing 10%. Unfortunately they and Dsmash were literally the only thing she had so it wasn't nearly enough to make her a good character, but Lightning Kicks alone were enough not to make her the worst character.

Give Smash 4 Zelda Melee Lightning Kicks and she'll become high tier instantly.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Project M Zelda.

/thread :secretkpop:
This is 90% true but it's sad that even then Zelda was only eh in PM. Mostly because the PMDT loved to repeatedly nerf the already subpar Zelda :secretkpop:

anyways all this thread has succeeded in doing is make me miss Melee slay kicks

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I actually prefer Sm4sh Nayru's Love. I like Love Jumping here more than in the other iterations and since they basically almost the same in every game, it wouldn't hurt.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Remember with Zelda Lightning Kicks - they have 18 frames of landing lag without L-cancelling. Still really good in comparison to what we have in Smash 4 and Brawl, but the mechanics of each individual game can make a difference for which move is objectively the best.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Remember with Zelda Lightning Kicks - they have 18 frames of landing lag without L-cancelling. Still really good in comparison to what we have in Smash 4 and Brawl, but the mechanics of each individual game can make a difference for which move is objectively the best.
Of course, Melee LKs would be best by far in every engine :secretkpop:

But yeah for example, Brawl KBs, hitboxes, and damage for everything but LKs could do wonders to her viability in Melee, and improve her in SSB4, but are hardly as helpful as they could be in Brawl. Not just because they're bigger, but more attacks also provide more stun if they do better damage or higher BKB in their Brawl iteration. Her Melee frame data, however is almost strictly better than Brawl's frame data, bar Din's, Jab, Dtilt, and NAir's landing lag pretty much only. It could provide better block disadvantages in all of the games.

Tbh aside like, Farore's Wind, and DAir, SSB4 Zelda can't really provide anything to make the best Zelda possible smh. Aside a couple specific things like ha SSB4 patched multi-hits.

Honestly each iteration has something to offer. It's a shame the past iterations' contributions couldn't have just carried over from their games originally... <_<

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I really don't get why the dev team feels the need to change Zelda so much each game. First we had Fair/Bair the character, which didn't work out. Then they fixed a bunch of moves and powered her up, but forgot to give her any kind of combo game and a decent recovery. Now, they finally fix ALL her moves, give her a godlike recovery, and a decent combo game...but they forgot about her frame data and, to a lesser extent, range.

I do think Smash 4 Zelda is heading in the right direction, however. But it would be so much better if she had the same frame data she used to.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Here's my thoughts.

Jab: Smash 4 for obvious reasons.

Ftilt: I found Brawl's to be most useful due to it's ability to be a combo starter and it could kill.

Utilt: I don't think Zelda needs another kill move so Smash 4 would be the best one imo.

Dash Attack: Smash 4's due to it's ability to net super early kills if the opponent doesn't DI.

Forward Smash: Smash 4's because people can't fall out of it.

Up Smash: Brawl, there is no competition.

Down Smash: Melee, was when it was fastest I think.

Neutral Air: Brawl's because lower landing lag.

Up Air: Brawl's was still bad, but better than the other ones.

Kicks: Melee, hands down.

Down Air: Smash 4, easy choice.

Nayru's: Smash 4, I think love jumping has more utility this game.

Din's: Brawl due to range.

Farore's: Smash 4 no Brainer.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
Remember throws too! Smash 4 dthrow, Melee Uthrow, not sure about fthrow and bthrow but I'm guessing either Brawl or Melee.

Top Bottom