• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Combat Core" ('Power Stone'-type game coming out on Switch Jan 2019!)

What do you guys think?

• It looks great!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Looks okay to me...

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Meh, it doesn't interest me at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Richtea007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richtea87
3DS FC
0903-2753-0592

UPDATE: This game was successfully funded on Kickstarter back in May of 2015. It's now coming out for the Switch on January 10, 2019. It will have 1-4 local multiplayer and online as well. Looks very promising, especially if you enjoyed the Power Stone games on the Dreamcast.

-----

Game Info from the Nintendo eShop:

Combat Core is a 3D arena fighting game sporting a colorful mix of modern aesthetics and futuristic cyberpunk. Fighters from across the galaxy have gathered to compete in the Combat Core League!

The fighting mechanics focus on fast-paced combat, strategic use of your environment, and weapons in the arena. Fight against challenging AI or your friends, online or offline!

- High-Powered Combat from 1v1 to 4 player battle royale or team modes
- Physics-based environment destruction and interactive ragdolls
- Original Characters with fun, unique movesets and strengths
- Combat Cores can boost fighter stats and grant special attacks to fit your play style!
- Local Multiplayer + Online Multiplayer
- Interactive Arenas with a variety of mechanics and hazards
- Weapon Pickups ranging from lazer swords to energy grenade launchers, with multiple attacks and uses
- Full Character Editor to create custom fighters with different gear, stats, and skills

Last edited:

Smilesocks

Smash Rookie
Thanks for sharing, this is super cool!

54 hours to go and it still needs close to $8000 to reach funding. Fingers crossed!

Richtea007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richtea87
3DS FC
0903-2753-0592
Thanks for sharing, this is super cool!

54 hours to go and it still needs close to $8000 to reach funding. Fingers crossed!
No worries :). I just think that this game deserves more recognition. Less than 7K to go as of now :). Still a chance to succeed.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Now at 25 hours and only another $6,000. I would contribute if I had money, but unfortunately, gas is expensive and I'm getting a car in the next month.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
$3,000 and 4 hours. Not looking great, but there is still hope.

Richtea007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richtea87
3DS FC
0903-2753-0592
:) Less than $800 to go with 2 hours left

Last edited:

Smilesocks

Smash Rookie
Funded :) So nice to see another game in this genre!

Last edited:

djtatsujin

Smash Cadet
I'm much more comfortable with crowdfunding campaigns that have at least a demo to show. I figured Combat Core would meet its goal, so it will be nice to see where it goes from here.

Richtea007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richtea87
3DS FC
0903-2753-0592
Yep, got my alpha build recently! I'll record some footage later in the week.
Which controller are you using to play? I'm gonna have to invest in a controller soon :p. I heard the 360's is pretty good. Any recommendations?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Which controller are you using to play? I'm gonna have to invest in a controller soon :p. I heard the 360's is pretty good. Any recommendations?
Well, if it's powerstone-esqe then the Dreamcast would be the best controller, but I don't think that has USB connectors lol. I'd probably say 360 just because the wired ones aren't that expensive and it's a good controller.

Richtea007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richtea87
3DS FC
0903-2753-0592
Yeah I'll probably grab the 360 controller. Still wished that this game had enough funding for a console port, particularly for Wii U :/ ..that would of been amazing.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm wondering what they'll do with the second analog stick... Powerstone never had the opportunity to use it.

Richtea007

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richtea87
3DS FC
0903-2753-0592
Anyone getting this for the Switch on January 10th? Forgot that I made a thread here years ago lol.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I don't have a Switch so I know I won't be getting it.

But...it's funny, I was thinking about making a Power Stone-style game in Dreams. I loved those Power Stone games.

Top Bottom