• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Colored Blastzones

Acryte

Smash Ace
Colored/Visible blastzones... Is this possible? I have a project I am working on where this is necessary. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Colored/Visible blastzones... Is this possible? I have a project I am working on where this is necessary. Thanks in advance.
There's an option in the debug menu to be able to see them, turning them on selectively and then coloring them should be possible.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Really? I'll have to look around in it. That's the original Debug menu right? Lemme dig in there. Colors would still be amazing though.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Really? I'll have to look around in it. That's the original Debug menu right? Lemme dig in there. Colors would still be amazing though.
He is talking about when you set the DBLevel to DEVELOP and then start a match and hit R+dpad down a few times. Rectangles are then displayed on screen to show your camera limits and blastzones.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Cool. I've brought that up before but didn't zoom out enough to see it had blastlines. I should be able to make that work with a little bit of photoshopping.

BTW is it when your character's center passes across it or is it just when any part of their hurtbox crosses?

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Cool. I've brought that up before but didn't zoom out enough to see it had blastlines. I should be able to make that work with a little bit of photoshopping.

BTW is it when your character's center passes across it or is it just when any part of their hurtbox crosses?
Pretty sure it's the characters diamond center that matters. With the exception being the top of the box, you need to be in hitstun or in a grounded state to die from it. You could always put on fixed camera mode too if you just want a whole picture of the stage.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Detecting when a character reaches the blastzones:
top: when the ECB leaves completely
sides: when half of the ECB leaves
bottom: when the ECB touches the blastzone

Last edited:
Top Bottom