• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

ssbtrixie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Outplayeddesu
I'd love for the smashboard to be active again since the FB group has evolved to a point of cancer

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I'd love for the smashboard to be active again since the FB group has evolved to a point of cancer
Since the release of Smash 4?
Otherwise I feel the same about my city's FB group, which they abandoned our SWF thread for. Too much cringe.
:phone:

ssbtrixie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Outplayeddesu
About half of our smash4 scene are scrublords but most people from brawl decided to not care enough to go to smash4 for a long amount of time

Steam

Smash Hero
they do in cosmash facebook, there we can properly discriminate against them and persecute them.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's so weird people have sticks so far up their asses that mlp avatars still triggers their autism after 6 years and hate them so much they'll quite literally kick someone out of their fb group and insult them for having an avatar they don't like.

Especially since I see multiple MLP avatars in the group right now lol, the gasing failed.
There's over 2k people in the group, you're not gonna be keeping any fanbase out of anything on the internet of all things no matter how horrible any fanbases are. Whether it's furries, homestuck, sonic, fnaf, Steven universe, social justice warriors, or the dreaded MLP fans. Or even the new fanbase that's popped up Undertale.

Iunno maybe I'm dumb for taking obvious bait, but it's still a tad bit silly. But I see at least 5 of em in the group, still a very small amount out of 2k+ members from what I dug through so far, but not like other FB groups have a million walking around either. My cities fb group isn't doing any discriminating with our 600ish members and think only one I can think of is 2 lol (believe it or not, no I don't put mlp avis on bookface)

DooplissSSB

Smash Rookie
Calling smashers in denver!(or the surrounding cities all the way up to boulder and ft.collins and to aurora, basically anywhere within an hour drive of denver) We need a scene! Or if we have one... I need in

Brocsta876

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brocsta876
3DS FC
0920-0128-5020
So, pretty sure this is my first post ever. Recently I've been looking up the Colorado smash scene and was disappointed at the lack of weeklies or meetups. There are some, but I moved here from Dallas and was expecting something more akin to that. I just attended my first Sm4sh tournament since moving here back in June and got my ass kicked, but had a great time. 43 people showed for a $200 prize pool. $5 entry fee and $5 venue fee, free food and drinks. The venue was Geek Street Society in Aurora (like right on the Denver/Aurora border), about a 20 minute drive from downtown Denver.

Afterwards we started talking to the owner, who was interested in hosting more tournaments. I mentioned that I like to stream and have a decent setup that I could bring up to start live streaming the tournaments. And he thought that was a great idea.

I put together a gameplan for the tournament and wanted to know what you guys thought of it. I posted this in the Colorado Smash FB group already so I'll just c/p it here:

We are looking to start doing Weekly/Bi-weekly tournaments for Smash 4 on either Friday or Saturday. We will be live-streaming on Twitch as well as uploading replays onto Youtube. If this is something you are interested in attending let us know!

18+ Age Limit

Standard Evo Rules
---
2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Custom Moves Off, Items Off, Equipment Off, Handicap Off, Pause Off, Damage Ratio 100%, 2/3 Games

Starter Stages: Battlefield (Miiverse), Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town & City
Counterpick Stages: Dream Land 64, Duck Hunt
All Omega stages are banned.

Double-Elimination

Prize Support (100% of the entry fees go towards prize pool)
---
1 - 50%
2 - 25%
3 - 15%
4 - 10%
5 - Free entry (incl. venue fee) to next tournament

$5 Venue Fee // $5 Entry Fee // Drinks and Snacks Provided

Bringing in a full set up (TV/Monitor + WiiU with all characters) waives the venue fee. If we hit 50 entrants we will add an extra $50 to the prize pool.
---

Tournament would either start at 7pm on Friday or 3pm on Saturday. We're still working this out, so it's subject to change. Based off any input you guys give us we can make changes/help accommodate more players with better time-frames.

We're also looking for people interested in helping out with the stream. Commentating is something we really want to have, so if that's something you are interested in or know someone who is interested please reach out to us!
Currently we're leaning more towards bi-weekly on Saturdays. We really just want to bring smashers together for some kick ass Smash. Let me know if this is something you'd be interested in attending. We want to potentially hold the first tournament on Saturday April 23rd. Maybe even include some extra $$$ for the prize pool on top of the 50+ entry bonus to commemorate the series kick-off.

Facebook page of the venue

dettadeus

Smash Lord
>lack of weeklies or meetups
I already commented on the FB post but we literally have more weeklies than we know what to do with LOL. melee, PM and s4 on mondays, nothing on tuesdays (soon to be pokken tho), melee, pm and s4 on wednesdays (fort collins has melee/s4, Aurora has PM and springs has melee), smash4 and pokken on thursdays (in both boulder and springs), smash4 on fridays and more s4 on sundays.

Last edited:

Nice_FZPSC.42

Smash Ace
NNID
sirlumps14
Hey guys I'm in Colorado and wanna know the info about tournaments and when and where they are and also power rankings to see which characters are most common.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is the sanic who won last night's tournament the _X_ from brawl?

Rizen

Smash Legend
Are there any smash 4 gatherings in Boulder? If there's activity on other sites link please? I'm thinking of getting into smash again.

Top Bottom