• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I remember it very clearly. It was after that shooting in a movie theater and Espy made a somewhat tactless comment involving MLP at a bad time. This led to a bit of an explosion and a loooooot of anti-MLP sentiment came out. Whether or not this was what actually got Espy demodded should stay with the staff.

If you'd like someone to blame, you can blame me for not paying close enough attention to this thread.
I only checked it once a day and didn't try to read between the lines for any real problems.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I sorta remember, would look for the exact page of it all but too lazy.

Even though it's too late because everyone on snoreboreds uses social media and reddit now, still think it's silly to begin with that people hated mlp fans.
At least it's calmed down now since the staff kicked us off smashboards technically and destroyed groups to the point people forget it exists so can't use that now.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
This blame game is idiotic.

Edit:
To elaborate and say something actually substantial...

The CO thread slowly died over time due to the scene in general losing steam at the end of brawl's life span, like most regional threads across the board. Reviving on facebook is just where it happens to have happened, again, like most regional threads across the board.

Two or three year old thread drama is inconsequential to that happening. If anyone killed the thread, it was the people in the scene in general. I know several people that left a few years ago because the smash scene was full of ***holes that made the experience not nearly as fun as it could be. Obviously not everybody, but enough. Most everyone I actually liked from the brawl scene left long ago. That on top of people who simply got tired of the game, it just added up.

If it really was something as petty as a tv show, disdain for one person who posted, or whatever it was that "killed the thread" then those are all pretty good indicators of how childish and shallow the people in the scene were back then.

I'm sure the scene is wonderful now and whatever, so it hardly matters, but it's dumb to try and pin it all on one single thing/person like that.

It was probably all Steam's fault anyway.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hey guys. I've been really busy and dropped out of competitive smash but it's great to see the CO scene is still going. You guys were great, keep up the good work! :b:

Steam

Smash Hero
This thread died specifically because of the mlp posts. It was slowly dying on its own but it was the mlp posts that made everyone say **** it and move to facebook.

And most of the people from the old scene are still around playing other games. Just no Tim. They were all pretty great though except for spelt.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Then it was doomed to begin with if everyone was so ass blastingly triggered by colorful horses that they had to jump ship 300%. If it wasn't that, it'd be something else.

It's not like it can't be revived either, if people allowed this thread to be used for anything other than *****ing about how it's not used for anything. We can use both smashboards and facebook still. Advertise on all forums possible instead of holding a petty 3 year old grudge. The dedicated smash site is probably a decent place to do that.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I wonder if this thread would've died faster if it was another fandom that spread everywhere like wildfire.
Steven Universe?

People still silly, only ones that really did the whole post pony vids or images as their answers to stuff was prolly espy and gashi. Maybe me if they were being so venomous towards us I decided to say "**** ya too m8" and posted stuff.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
And most of the people from the old scene are still around playing other games. Just no Tim. They were all pretty great though except for spelt.
I get a weird perverted sort of pleasure I should probably be ashamed of that I had such an impact on your smashboards experience that you felt the need to namedrop me specifically even though we haven't spoken since like 2010 lol.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Mm, the MLP stuff did get very, very annoying sometimes, but some of the anti-MLP sentiment could be a bit over-the-top.
Keep in mind that I have nothing against MLP; it's like Touhou or Kirby in its own way, and it did make me genuinely laugh a few times (I didn't watch much, but there was this one part with a deranged nurse that damn-near killed me).

Also, I feel like this is a lie. :applejack:
But the world has sex and ponies.
And a conglomeration of the two.

How can the world suck? :applejack:
Found it. Call me a liar again. \o/

Steam

Smash Hero
I get a weird perverted sort of pleasure I should probably be ashamed of that I had such an impact on your smashboards experience that you felt the need to namedrop me specifically even though we haven't spoken since like 2010 lol.
I'd mostly forgotten you'd existed, was just trying to remember toxic people in the old scene since zajice brought it up. The fact that you might derive pleasure from that just serves to show nothing has changed.

@ Zajice Zajice - at this point there's no need for smashboards because Facebook is so much better and honestly we'd get flooded since Aurora weeklies alone pull 40-50 entrants for smash4, melee, and pm. Also as an added bonus espy can't post there.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Spelt's a nice guy, he bought me wings a couple times. You never bought me wings, Steam. You just brought me sadness by never forgiving me for grabbing you that one time in teams.

Steam

Smash Hero
I don't think I ever saw you again after that tourney.if you still lived in Golden I probably saw you at some point with out us recognizing each other.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd mostly forgotten you'd existed, was just trying to remember toxic people in the old scene since zajice brought it up. The fact that you might derive pleasure from that just serves to show nothing has changed.
Pfft, everything has changed.

I no longer play smash competitively, which is pretty awesome tbh. And more importantly, I now own a mac.

Probably the biggest change though, is that now when people say the word steam i think of the gaming application rather than you, which is a huge quality of life improvement.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Splet could probably get on COs PR if he really felt like it. He just doesn't feel like it.

Also I played Snake. An SD with Snake is never embarrassing. That's just natural Snake gameplay.

Steam

Smash Hero
Dunno about that, CO is actually dangerous now, not the joke it was in the pre fishbait dominated brawl days. You or him or anyone is welcome to try and see how they stack up though

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No, think the only big topics that I recall from the CO facebook group the past few months is Steam beating basically hamhanded m2k in Smash 4 when he isn't even good at the game. Though he finally found his identity with a dumb gimmick that rewards free kills at 70% with DK while a grab at 0% results in 52 free %

And i think somebody else beating or close to beating m2k in PM or something?
To answer again tho, no

Steam

Smash Hero
No, think the only big topics that I recall from the CO facebook group the past few months is Steam beating basically hamhanded m2k in Smash 4 when he isn't even good at the game. Though he finally found his identity with a dumb gimmick that rewards free kills at 70% with DK while a grab at 0% results in 52 free %

And i think somebody else beating or close to beating m2k in PM or something?
To answer again tho, no
2 people beat m2k at the same tourney in pm and iirc one went to last game, last hit with axe. Say what you want but were much better than we used to be when all sorts of random OOS could place really well in co and our melee scene was dead.

I mean way back when our #1 PR took dead last at a NY local. Lol

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol who hosted m2k during that tournament so i know who to send my condolences to

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Or COG.
I only care about COG cause the tam first started from league and had an old /vg/ lulu main before the lulu changes made her into a mid/top laner.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Was looking for this thread because someone from this state needed help and posted in Competitive, but they've already posted here so it doesn't matter much.

After reading through, I must say:

Furry hype!

Top Bottom