• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collision III! NE, NJ, NY! Project M Side event!

iRJi

Smash Champion

Phone Number: 201-334-2659
SmashBoards: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319924
AiB: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=13216
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/260361204052767/

On AiB click "I'm Attending"!!

Welcome Message

Hello everyone! Collision has been a growing success over the past couple of months, and now without further or do, I present the next event within our series!

This is Collision's junior event, (meaning it's the 3rd event for anyone who didn't get it xD) and this one is going to be the biggest ever! This event will be a qualifier for the long and anticipated SKTAR, as well as this will be the first Metaknight legal event that collision will have. We will be using a custom ruleset that I created a while ago. It is similar to apex ruleset.

Bring your friends. Tell everyone what's going on. This event will be the biggest one yet!

Qualifier Information

TBA

Major, and Minor Updates

Bring setups!!! The first 7 setups will receive a discount.
Full setup: $5.00
TV: $3.00
Wii: $2.00

Venue

Clarkson's Corner
4 Grayrock Road
Scarsdale, New York (Westchester County)

One again, I will be bringing you this amazing venue space. There is FREE parking around the parameter and traveling to the venue is a cinch!

There is also various food places within a block's walking distance from the venue. Deli's, Chinese food, 7-11's all within reach!

Livestream

www.clashstream.com

looking for good quality streaming? Look no further! Collision III will be bringing one of the biggest and best streams available within our community. You know when you see a clash stream, you know it's great quality.

Traveling Information

Ok guys, I know what you are thinking. "This is in NY! The tolls and parking are HORRIBLE" Well, allow me to save you some hassle on multiple accounts.

Parking

First, there is free parking around the venue. No gimmicks, no tricks, no time span. As long as you get to the area past 10:00 AM, you can park behind the building, and even on the side for free and without a parking permit. There is a lot of parking spaces, however, parking is competitive, so grab them while you can. Also, please don't actually park where there is a parking toll. Those are not the spaces I am talking about.

Traveling Made Cheaper! (Dodging the GW Bridge)

Ok, this one is important if you are coming from NJ. I know from experience that the GWB is a massive killer on the wallet. I am here to save you some money! This section is dedicated on how to dodge the George Washington Bridge, and the best part is, it's simple!

Anyone who is coming from NJ should know what the Garden State Parkway is. For those not familier with it, it's one of the main highways that can take you through the state no matter which town you come from. It's accessible in multiple locations, all you have to do is look.

Well, the Garden State Parkway if taken can lead you to a bridge called the Tappen Zee bridge. This bridge can also take you to the venue, for less then half the price of the GWB, and it only adds about 15 minutes to your trip.

To get to the Tappen Zee Bridge, all you have to do is take Garden State Parkway North all the way to the end. When you are getting close to the bridge, you will start seeing signs for the Tappen Zee. The Tappen Zee Bridge toll is $5.00, where if you want to compare it to the GWB, where it's $12.00.

This is important! Your GPS will try to guide you to the GWB until you reach a couple miles within the Tappen Zee Bridge area. A GPS will not guide you to the venue via the Tappen Zee Bridge. Once you are near the Tappen Zee Bridge, you can safely use your GPS to get to the venue without it guiding you to the GWB. Once turned on, you can easily pilot to the venue with little problems. It add's an extra 15 minutes to your trip, but it saves you $7.00 from tolls.

Also (and the best part) You can take the GWB BACK TO NJ AND THERE IS NO TOLL, so getting back to NJ will only take you 20-25 min.

Easy? Money saving? I know.

Schedule

Venue opens: 10:00 A.M.
Doubles Signups start: 11:30 A.M.
Doubles Start: 12:30 P.M
Singles Signups starts: 4:30 P.M.
Singles Starts: 5:30 P.M.
Venue closes: Midnight

Prices + Payout

General

Venue Fee: $10.00
Singles: $10.00
Doubles: $10.00

Note: The first 7 setups will receive a discount.
Full setup: $5.00
TV: $3.00
Wii: $2.00

Doubles

With 10-20 teams
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

With 20-30 teams
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

With 30+ Teams
1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

Singles

With 20-60 people
1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

With 60-80 people
1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

With 80+ people
1st - 44%
2nd - 24%
3rd - 12%
4th - 8%
5th - 4%
7th - 2%

Ruleset

So with the growing outburst of hate for unity (me being one of them) I have decided to scrap the unity ruleset as a whole. I personally feel the ruleset could be stronger, and I no longer wish to support Metaknight banned events for the time being. The new ruleset in place will be one of my own personal rulesets that I created a while ago. This ruleset is similar to the Apex ruleset, and also is one of the founding rulesets of the scrooging rule.

Link to Original Ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278166

BRAWL RULESET

• 3 stock
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
  • Double Elimination
  • Items are OFF including smash ball
  • Metaknight is LEGAL for this event

Doubles:

• Team attack ON
  • Life stealing is allowed

Stage List

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutrals

• Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Story (Brawl)
  • Smashville
  • Lylat

Counter Picks

• Delfino Plaza
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Castle Siege
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Pokemon Stadium 1

Banned stages and Counterpicking:

If a stage isn't on the Neutral or Counterpick list it is BANNED. (Although any teams/players may play on a banned stage as long as BOTH players/teams agree to it.)

Counterpick System:

Stage Banning:

Each player / team may select up to 1 stages that will be banned from the tournament set

Counterpick Rule:

The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Extra Rules

B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The venue will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
  • We (the store, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff.
  • Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
  • 35 Ledge grab rule (80 for doubles per team). If you time out each other in a match and you go over 35 ledge grabs (80 for doubles) you lose that match.
  • Scrooging: If you fly under the stage, you must land on the stage in order to repeat flying under the stage again. The moving platform, or any other platform that is distant from the stage (IE: Smashvilles Moving platform) does not count as landing on the stage. First offense is a loss of stock, 2nd offense is a loss of match, 3rd offense is a loss of set.
  • All Infinites are banned excluding Ice climbers Chain Grabs, and all small step chain grabs are banned. Wall infinites are NOT banned.
  • Infinite/extended dimensional cape is banned.
  • All Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
  • Controller Mods are banned
  • If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
  • Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
  • If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  • If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
  • No pausing in-game. Pausing in-game will result in the loss of a stock. The second warning will be loss of a match. The ONLY exception is, if a host(s) asks you to pause.

• In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.
  • Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*
  • Singles seeding will be based on Region/Rankings with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will also be seeded in the same way.

Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification and all violations will be delivered at the discretion of the TO.

Additional Rules

These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer(s) reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.
  • Also to be noted, all rules and regulations are at the discretion of the tournament organizer(s). If there are any disputes, the tournament organizer(s) have the right to make a final decision on the on going problem to come to the most efficient solution available. All rules made by the tournament organizer(s) are final, and having disputes with the ruling can have a result having the player removed from the venue without a refund.
  • The Tournament Organizer and his assistants, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Thread edit later this evening. This is just a place holder. Rules will be changed, as I am not using unity.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Qualifier does what?
Better Seeding points for SKTAR. Let's say you are just an average person, and would be put as an intermediate player. If you were to win this, you could be seeded an an expert.

Another example would be let's say you are a top 8 seed (Which you are obviously) but you were seed 7. If you were to win this, you could go up in seeding for SKTAR to a seed 5.

Pure examples, but that's pretty much how it works. Keitaro is going to make a post about it later today/tomorrow about it in detail.

iRJi

Smash Champion
At Apex I felt like the seeding didn't do ****. I think I was 2nd seed or something. I had the most seeding points =(
Lol, Apex none the less was a stacked tournament though, it might have did a bit without you realizing, but the competition none the less was really close par'd all around the place.

However, I am not the apex staff. While I can't say for sure if they followed the qualifiers or not for seeding, I will. I am also the cohost for SKTAR, and I will see too it that each person's seed is optimized if they do a qualifier and succeed in getting points.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Update: Basic information, Traveling information, ruleset
Let's make this a big one guys!

iRJi

Smash Champion
Might be coming to this, depends on whether or not I have finals the week after this tourney.
Iight, I'll mark you down as coming for now.

Also, You could take this time to take a breather from Finals. Taking a day off to relax actually increases your chances of remembering things. It allows the information to sink in.

iRJi

Smash Champion
New England and MD/VA will be here. Sounds sexy to me.
Like Keitaro said, MD/VA is trying to make it out to this, as well as New England. All we need to do is get PA to the event and we have a tri state battle going on!

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
PA doesn't play anymore., well at least philly. Everyone works more and doesn't have time to play. And the one guy who would...xzax. That ***** on house arrest and probation

:phone:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Xzax was caught with liquor and weed and was arrested I believe. He eventually went to trial and was put on house arrest for 2 months or so. I gotta ask him again.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Will come 100% if i can get a good partner confirmed by the end of the week, bus tickets are doable atm. Itll be my last tourney of the summer if nothing happens in the midwest before I leave. I miss ec!

iRJi

Smash Champion
Double Mk is currently legal, however the rule isn't finalized.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Items are OFF including smash ball

I love this rule. Smash ball is not an item. pssh make sense to me. on a serious note I hope my finals are done before this. It will be a great way to start my summer.

Jtails

Smash Lord
if anyone is offering a ride please pm me. I live in Larchmont NY about 20 minutes from Scarsdale. Will pay for gas etc.

Top Bottom