• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Stayner, Owen Sound & other Simcoe County areas. (Ontario)

Wanna Smash in Simcoe County? (Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Stayner, Nottawa, Owen Sound, Barrie)

• Total voters

Yuhirou

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone. I know this is my first post here, but I haven't really found a reason to post or register in the times I've been around, but I'm in a situation where I need information and I hope that you can help me out with it.

I'm genuinely interested in hosting a small Smash competition. (Smash 4, or Melee) This competition would be held within Simcoe County, near Collingwood, Stayner, and Wasaga Beach. Basically as central as we can get it, for a fair price. We are looking into a venue/hall that would be able to handle 90 for half, about 150~ in total, but we wish to start small, with 20-30 participants, 20-30 guests (watchers). However, the biggest issue that we currently have is gauging the interest in our area and I felt this would be a great place to start.

The main event would be a simple competition, pools of 5, 3 wins proceed, if more than one succeed from the pool, then the lowest losses proceeds. Meaning round robin, 1 takes on 4, highest wins and lowest number of losses proceeds. Competitors with ties will face one another. If we have 20, then there will be 4 pools of 5, 4 will proceed. Top 3 go home with something. The prize pool would directly depend on the cost of the place of holding, where as after venue is covered, all other competitor and guest ticket fare will be divided among the three. The top 4 match sets will be recorded and on display for the rest over a projection screen (with their own monitor for playing on of course). Their matches will be uploaded and shared. Competitors will be allowed to download the raw footage (unedited by us), while we'll have our own on our respected channels.

So, if you're in the area and you wanna Smash with us. Tell us if you're interested, what you'd expect or like us to do, and most importantly, what is the highest entry fee you'd be willing to support for a project like this and lowest 1st place winnings. Thanks!

Gravekid1701

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gravekid
Appreciate the reference but we tried to that but its impossible to go there every month because neither of us drive to go but we will def keep it in mine and try posting on this

Yooo! I noticed this is kind of late notice but, and I know you're looking for people for a tourney so this might seem irrelevant but,
https://www.facebook.com/events/1169826856381553/
is a link to a upcoming confirmed monthly in Barrie, that might be a good place to start finding people who play around the Simcoe.

Top Bottom