• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

College Station: v2012 Almost Zombies

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Trott, Retro: Confirmed for today
James "maybe tomorrow" - Sat
AJ is free after 9, same for Saturday, Off work on Sunday
Russel might be down tomorrow, Definitely Sunday

That's all the responses I've gotten

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Of course~, unless you rather it be my place if you want a change of venue

Trott

Smash Rookie
My bad guys. I ended up falling asleep at around 7 pm last night. I will 100% be able to show up to play today though so let me know if something goes down.

iLight

Smash Lord
I don't think i'll be able to play today, maybe tomorrow though if you guys want to.

Also I just called FX about the college station tournament and they said it will be on May 20th I registered and you guys should too (979) 696-4263 is their number.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Way to go Trott xP . Well at least you got your rest back

About the tourney, idk if I'll be able to make it on the 20th :< , I was planning to leave to SA asap + I have my sister's quince to attend..which I "think" is on that day, lol. I'll see what I'll be able to do by tomorrow

iLight

Smash Lord
Also if anyone is interested in going to austin on saturday for the tournament and I'm saying just go for the one day and come back same day I'm down to go and split gas if up to 3 people total are going I really want college station to make a showing and test our skills

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I can let you know by wed-thurs if I'll be going or not, depending on how much I work and money I make, but I would really like to go :<

Trott

Smash Rookie
I would like to go to that Austin tourney but I have tons of work due for my class next Monday. I'll see how much I have done by Friday and then I'll know for sure if I can go or not.

CSTAT_SMASH_CHAMPION

Smash Rookie
There is news regarding a tournament in college station.
I spoke with the manager of FX Games, Chris, and he told me that there is another group of Brawlers in cs of about 12 people. Owen is the name of the guy who spoke with chris about a brawl tournament. The target date is the weekend after finals. I would assume our crew could have a solid 5 who enter the tournament along with their (hopefully) 12 people. This could get pretty damn awesome.

NOTE: Chris is requesting that if you intend on participating in the tournament, please sign up with FX Games (either by phone or in person). He says the prizes will be completely dependent upon how many people are signed up and how many people show up. If enough people sign up, then there will be talk of cash prizes (with an entrance fee, obviously). Plus, if it gets to cash prizes level then we could spread the news on smash boards and make college station more known in the brawl world.
Hey the "Owen" you're referring to here is me. Kind of creepy to find my name on some random forum. Anyway I think it's a bad idea to try and have this tournament after finals because most people will be leaving for summer. If you want lots of people to show up then you should wait until the fall semester starts.

Sorry I hadn't taken that into consideration when I made the suggestion to the FX Games owner, but my friends and I have to move out of this apartment by May 13th.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Hey the "Owen" you're referring to here is me. Kind of creepy to find my name on some random forum. Anyway I think it's a bad idea to try and have this tournament after finals because most people will be leaving for summer. If you want lots of people to show up then you should wait until the fall semester starts.

Sorry I hadn't taken that into consideration when I made the suggestion to the FX Games owner, but my friends and I have to move out of this apartment by May 13th.
Hiya! Didn't mean for it to be creepy, but this is the only way we communicate as a whole without having to text/call everyone or use another medium (facebook, myspace, etc), plus this is -the- site to discuss anything Smash related.

Anyway, I'm also leaving the weekend of the 13th, so I won't be able to attend :< . Although, if we hold off till the first weeks of school in the Fall, I would guarantee all of us in the crew would attend! If you'd like a bigger turn out, I can get some of the mid-tier players from Houston to attend as well. By waiting till Fall, we can also have like "initiation" or a way to meet the rest of our fellow smashers and test our metal in hopes that we can practice/play regularly and get better. Plus the more people we have, the easier it would be to travel to regional tournaments and represent Cstat better.

iLight

Smash Lord
loko i can lend you 20 bucks to go this weekend if you want to go, we just need to convince joel to go maybe? even if he doesn't want to go we should still go for the day i would almost die to go to a tournament right now

@owen this is the official forum for SSBB so it's not that weird your name got brought up here since your hosting a tournament... and also if your hosting a tournament do you expect people to learn about some tournament and have no idea who is hosting it, being a tourney host is a privileged and respected position

on that note if anyone wants to play i'm down for anyday but tuesday b/c that's my last day of finals, that goes for any new people too that read this, my number is on the first page and posted in random places through this thread

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
loko i can lend you 20 bucks to go this weekend if you want to go, we just need to convince joel to go maybe? even if he doesn't want to go we should still go for the day i would almost die to go to a tournament right now
I'd very much appreciate that light o: <3 . I'll let you know after my exam tomorrow and how I feel about my other two exams I have Monday..got lots of preparing to do and it's a make or break situation for me as far as school/academics go x; . I'm just beyond stressed and anxious and lots of other things right now, that I know if I go, I won't play at my best, but like I said, I'll give it some thought tomorrow/later today

CSTAT_SMASH_CHAMPION

Smash Rookie
@owen this is the official forum for SSBB so it's not that weird your name got brought up here since your hosting a tournament... and also if your hosting a tournament do you expect people to learn about some tournament and have no idea who is hosting it, being a tourney host is a privileged and respected position
I'm not hosting a tournament, I merely suggested it to the FX Games manager during his last Mortal Kombat tournament.

iamjoel5

Smash Rookie
Havent been able to post for a bit...site apparently doesnt recognize @sbcglobal.net email extensions. took me awhile to get verified again after changing my email.
-anwyay-
To clarify, Owen is a random brawler, just like us. I didnt mean to portray that he was hosting a tournament. Chris, the manager of FX is the one who wants to host the tournament. I have been speaking with Chris for a couple months now on having a brawl tournament in CS and he has been excited to do it. Owen had just been another person (outside of our group) to suggest it to Chris also, so thats when Chris realized how possible a SSBB tournament is i suppose. To comment on the delay of the tournament till after summer, Chris is probably hesitant to have the tournament now because his opportunity/approval to host more tournaments depends on how well previous tournaments go. Like i said before, he is the manager of FX and says that he has somewhat of a hard time convincing the owner of FX to have these tournaments (or any promotional events outside of game sales) because the owner is not as involved or as enthusiastic about gathering the gaming community as Chris is.
This is just to clarify if anyone thought Owen was the tournament host OR the manager of FX games I have been speaking of.

On a different note, I would like to get together and play with you and your people Owen (I'm sure we all would).

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I'm done with finals today, but I'm going home to pass out/DIE

Also, I must know how Retro and Light did at the tourney; I only watched parts of the streams and idk if any of you guys got to play on it but still, must spill details~

and yeah, giant smashfest would be -epic- . I'm leaving sometime this weekend (hopefully), so a smashfest is in order

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Well that's good, proud of ya'l representing though. Sus said he caught up with ya :3 . But yeah, any tourney experience is good experience.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I saw, but only the first match for now o: . Good sh*t Light! I played him at WHOBO, I frustrated the hell out of him with my lucario and got him down to his last stock, and my wofl did ok too.

iamjoel5

Smash Rookie
By the way Owen, why is your name CSTAT_SMASH_CHAMPION? Did you win one of the recent Brawl tournies at FX Games? You may not want to fall in love with the name, though, once our crew starts wreckin the brawl scene in CS muahahaahha =P

just playin around...but for real - do you play regularly with people in CS? are you apart of a local brawl crew?

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I'm down to play tonight, done with finals and what not...feels so good, but will feel best when final grades come in. I think everyone else is studying for finals though, so good luck to everyone!!

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman

HEY LIGHT

I did it. Idk if you like the colors on it, but I can adjust it.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
n/p :3

Haven't photoshoop'd anything that wasn't toward work or something in a while xP

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
check this out loko i bet you would like this band a lot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgDdpATtGlM&playnext=1&list=PL511C52CB8F55511F they are super epic for when playing games
It's been a while since I've heard of X Japan, but yeah, def make good tracks for curb-stomping on brawl x3 . X Japan sticks to playing the traditional way of playing Metal, it's awesome~. Going to update my Brawl hacks and gui and stuff this summer, finally, and going to have the most brutal version of brawl hax xP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUgXlHw5Zjc <- this would also make for game music to play games too

Top Bottom