• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

College Station: v2012 Almost Zombies

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry we can't go. I think next semester though I'll be attending a lot more tournies since things should be a lot better, at least my situation that is, but thanks again

cjflash

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I've been looking for some smashers in CS and just kinda stumbled on this board. Do you guys play together regularly or is it just whenever someone decides they're free? If these meetups do happen, I'd love to stop by once and join the fun.

Also, do you guys play brawl exclusively? Because I pretty much only play melee and that's where all my skill is.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I've been looking for some smashers in CS and just kinda stumbled on this board. Do you guys play together regularly or is it just whenever someone decides they're free? If these meetups do happen, I'd love to stop by once and join the fun.

Also, do you guys play brawl exclusively? Because I pretty much only play melee and that's where all my skill is.
Omg, new people! Well typically it's been whenever someone is free, but we try getting together on weekends, but as the semester progresses it gets a bit more difficult each time.

Typically, Joel and I play on a regular basis, at least once or twice a week, everybody else is usually on weekends, but not too often. We had two new faces join in, but again, they've gotten busy and strayed away from us..but we still keep in contact and inform them of smash events; I tell them to join the boards for regular updates.

At the moment we somewhat play Brawl exclusively, although I do play Melee competitively and if you decide to join us, I don't think we'd mind popping in Melee and having a few bouts (I know I wouldn't >3 ). I main Ganon in melee, but I know how to use most of the cast as well, and for Brawl I main Wolf/Lucario, but again, I try playing and learning the rest of the cast.

I think we'll be playing tonight at Joel's if you could join us, idk who else will show up, but if you got the time and willing, please do so :3

iLight

Smash Lord
I have class on tuesday/thursday pretty much all day and that's when people tend to be free lol, but I'd be down to play friday if people wanted to come, I'm the only one left that was here when our group in CS was originally formed, I main falco in melee and would also be down for that

I main sheik/mk/ROB in brawl, I used to be rank 8 in texas, and was previously considered #1 sheik in the US, I have a lot of knowledge to draw upon so if you want to get better in brawl and compete I am definitely here to help

cjflash

Smash Rookie
Awesome. This is exciting. I've never actually competed, but I know of any casual group I play with I'm usually at the top. I've been looking to get some more serious experience and this sounds like it fits the bill perfectly.

I mentioned melee because that's all I really have previous experience with. I don't play much brawl (no Wii), but I'd be willing to go with it if that's the way things are going these days. And it's be great to start playing with some guys that actually know what they're doing.

I'm not sure how much schedule time I have to mess with, but I'll definitely stop in sometime and see how it goes.

iLight

Smash Lord
well if you want to play tomorrow evening I will be down and I will try to get a few others over as well I live just behind northgate, so generally I've seen that I'm in a fairly easy location to get to, send me a text tonight or something mmy number is 571-236-1739 i'll save your number and shoot you a txt whenever I'm doing anything but like loko said generally him and Joel play more often than I do these days because of work and school on my end (though i still most often) <3

edit: we will be playing around 6 today just throw me a txt

iLight

Smash Lord
none of you guys are allergic to dogs right? I'm getting one, so if you guys are let me know and we can try to arrange somewhere else to play at, otherwise we'll just have fun times per usual

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
SUCCESS! We have yet another smasher that has contacted us!

And I can't wait to see your doggie~ :333

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
I think I can play today actually, and I can invite the new guys as well, got class atm though

iLight

Smash Lord
sorry i'm really bad at checking the boards daily even though i go lurk the sheik threads constantly sorry i would have been fine to play today, though was kind of focused on the dog coming today

Trott

Smash Rookie
Guess I'll be playing some LoL tonight.

Tomorrow sounds good. I don't have class but I'll probably be in the lab until around 3 or 4 pm but I'm free after that.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Can't play till this weekend, which is Thursday. And I've known about that perfect laser technique when I started maining falco; it all takes a certain rhythm and doing it over and over again + switching it up.

Approaching is gonna get harder :< , but my luigi still got this~

Trott

Smash Rookie
Brawl tonight sounds good. I get done with class at 5:10 pm so I'm free any time after. The fiance is out of town so I can brawl as late as I want tonight. Let's see if we can get an epic smashfest going. I have a spare tv and wii that I could bring along with me.

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Well I texted everyone, and so far only one new guy was down to play, but can't till Sunday. AJ has class today till 10 so Friday or sunday work for him. Everyone else is mia... But I say we can play today, and then play Sunday again with AJ and the new guy.

Yay more falco mu practice ~___~

iLight

Smash Lord
YOOOOO LOKO I was wondering if you could do me a favor and make a 600x600 really cool picture with a giant upside down question mark in the middle and a phoenix using dark colors and stuffs that would be so legit

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
YOOOOO LOKO I was wondering if you could do me a favor and make a 600x600 really cool picture with a giant upside down question mark in the middle and a phoenix using dark colors and stuffs that would be so legit
Neat, I'll try doing that sometime this weekend when I'm in my creative mode.

iamjoel5

Smash Rookie
There is news regarding a tournament in college station.
I spoke with the manager of FX Games, Chris, and he told me that there is another group of Brawlers in cs of about 12 people. Owen is the name of the guy who spoke with chris about a brawl tournament. The target date is the weekend after finals. I would assume our crew could have a solid 5 who enter the tournament along with their (hopefully) 12 people. This could get pretty damn awesome.

NOTE: Chris is requesting that if you intend on participating in the tournament, please sign up with FX Games (either by phone or in person). He says the prizes will be completely dependent upon how many people are signed up and how many people show up. If enough people sign up, then there will be talk of cash prizes (with an entrance fee, obviously). Plus, if it gets to cash prizes level then we could spread the news on smash boards and make college station more known in the brawl world.

Top Bottom