• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Collaboration Project: A new Link Guide

[yung] Link

Smash Cadet
NNID
herooftimelink
Sklers guide seems to be more or less lost and even if it will be found it probably can be expanded and mordenized a bit, so maybe it is time to make a new Link guide. The task is huge and I don't think anyone actually have the knowledge nor the time to make it all themselves. Thus I suggest we do it as a collab project, where everyone can help. This means anyone can make a paragraph, a suggestion, spell check, fix the wording so it's easy to understand, the structure, add jokes, pictures and so on. Even if you know nothing you can help by asking questions!

So there we have it.

Start writing here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bEMLkgYViiI2coYWtHQODR0CQ8lAJbouJV03ZqTi1Qg/edit

Add what you feel is most important.

i added and fixed a BUNCH of stuff on it. just letting everyone know. hopefully the guide is a lot cleaner.

Thor

Smash Champion
Added various small notes to this, and a large chunk of information about counterplay to bomb jumping that other characters have and how to deal with said counterplay. I suggest we add frame data and shield advantage for moves [but I didn't have time to do it when I added what I did].

EXCITE!!!!

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I need to work on my recovery, is there anything I should know about, instead of tethering and bomb jumping, and also, does anyone know any tips to make bomb jumping more effective?

You can also throw a bomb at the opponent while recovering.

But don't think of tethering as limited. Tethering has a lot of options in it. Try different paths and different timings for it. Using the airdodge to actually dodge an attack and sweetspotting the tether helps out a lot.

SAUS

Smash Ace
There is a thread for consistent bomb jumping in the Link Boards. As for other recovery options, there really isn't any other advanced one that I know of.
There is the one I discovered (not sure if other people have discovered it, and I did post it somewhere on the boards at some point...). I don't have a name for it, but basically you just air dodge at the edge and use your hookshot. Since you are too close to the wall, you fall immediately, but you can grab the ledge during this, so you grab it pretty quickly. It isn't safe if they are right there, but due to its speed and since you get to air dodge through something, it tends to be nice. You can also use this to if you air dodge too low so that you won't grab the edge. You can do the hookshot a decent amount of time after your air dodge ends, so you can fall a bit and then use it as you pass the edge.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I find it interesting how Link can walk as fast as he can run, making running for him actually bad, since he can just walk and be in 'neutral', able to do basically anything out of his movement.

Unless you want a dash attack, those are always neat.

I can't wait to read more of this, I remember reading quite a bit a few months ago :)

Top Bottom