• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CoK111 - Columbus, OH May 12th! Midwest Circuit Season 2 is on its way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Is 1337 coming to this? I miss him so badly...

OS: I'm confortable with those levels, I actually LOVE cornaria.

Tink

Smash Hero
ROFL, that one with ameer is HILARIOUS!

BTW, watty, your not gonna even make it outta pools, because your going to be in with me and jiano.

Sliq

Smash Master
Who does sliq play 4th round?
ICEBURN!

sliq will have no 4th round this time. Curse you dogs!
Why is everyone from COK gunning for me (literally with Mathos, because he has a gun...I'M CLEVER)? YOU ARE ALL MEAN. Beat up Overswarm. I heard him say everyone in COK likes to wear dresses and put makeup on.
I'm just saying...

mathos

Smash Champion
Why is everyone from COK gunning for me (literally with Mathos, because he has a gun...I'M CLEVER)? YOU ARE ALL MEAN. Beat up Overswarm. I heard him say everyone in COK likes to wear dresses and put makeup on.
I'm just saying...
Well you beat us :( Unless D-refin.

And Overswarm. . . . . well. . . . . .we're CoK we like guys, so why would we like like girls.

Sliq

Smash Master
Well you beat us :( Unless D-refin.

And Overswarm. . . . . well. . . . . .we're CoK we like guys, so why would we like like girls.
This doesn't seem like a Mathos post because it is less coherent than most of his other posts...perhaps shenanigans are being pulled...

x1372

Smash Ace
Count me in guys. I'll be coming and leaving on saturday though, got work the day before and the day after >_<

"-- Wobbling is BANNED (per CoK majority vote)"

I love this one. Sure, we'll ban something that has neither been proven broken nor particularly effective against the top players. Oh, and there's only one person who can possibly do it who's anywhere near the tourney area, and he got three-stocked by drephen's LUIGI while trying to wobble.

I mean seriously, rather than saying "wobbling is banned" you might as well just say "**** you john gibson"

I realize it's not really a big deal and I don't want to get into a 3-hour debate on the subject again, I just find it terribly humorous that you guys have to put something like that in the rules when it effects literally one person, and that person's odds of placing in the money, wobbling or not, are absurdly low to begin with (no offense john, but Vidjo + Drephen + Joe B = "wobbling won't do ****")

... and I just got off the phone with John, he can't come anyway. Your rule is officially completely and utterly pointless.

mathos

Smash Champion
Pish I can wobble if I wanted to. But I'm glad to see someone else cares about its banning. The host was outvoted.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Wobbles beat Caveman in 2 sets in a tournament where wobbling was banned two weekends ago.

x1372

Smash Ace
To those who think wobbling is so awesome and such and SHOULD be banned, I got an offer for you.

Practice it.

Learn it.

And money match me. This tournament. Anyone who focuses on wobbling for this, 10 dollar money match. Best 2 out of 3, standard stage setup, each get to ban one stage.

One condition: If you win but don't catch me at least 4 times in the wobbles (4 stock matches, gives you 12 stock if it comes to 3) you only get 5 bucks.

Incidentally, I'd be willing to argue that at the top level of tournament play, the wobbles tactic is almost completely pointless.

If the ice climbers grab you at over 20 damage (you can usually mash out before they can get the wobbles started at anything lower if you're fast enough and looking for it) you're dead anyway 80% or more of the time. The only difference is that that "takes skill" as people say (which is utter crap and shouldn't be a reason toward or against banning anything) and that it gives the ILLUSION that one can escape the inevitable. Additionally, the wobbles requires circumstances that need to all come together, standard IC chain throwing doesn't require nearly as much.

So if you really think the wobbles is broken and that you can do it, put your money where your mouth is and use it to beat me.

Watty

Smash Lord
its banned we voted some of us don't like it y are you bringing it up for no reason? no1 is complaining about ti being in place so i don't know why u decided to come in out of nowhere with this challenging people.

Its being banned all over the country its a good thing that people dont need it to win cause tournys arent gonna allow it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
its banned we voted some of us don't like it y are you bringing it up for no reason? no1 is complaining about ti being in place so i don't know why u decided to come in out of nowhere with this challenging people.

Its being banned all over the country its a good thing that people dont need it to win cause tournys arent gonna allow it.
I'd have complained first, but I've found that anyone that bans Wobbling in a tournament shares a few things that make it virtually pointless to:

-they don't play ice climbers
-they don't know how and/or can't use wobbling effectively
-they will ignore community resistance
-they will praise community support
-they aren't banning it for balance reasons

So, eh. If the opponent is good and has fast fingers, you can't wobble him until he's past 40%anyways.

Watty

Smash Lord
wobbles did it to hugs, caveman, forward, prolly taj, and other people on the WC so to say elite players wont be effected by it is BS.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wobbles did it to hugs, caveman, forward, prolly taj, and other people on the WC so to say elite players wont be effected by it is BS.
Agreed. I don't know who in the world would think that no one would actually be affected by it. o_O

My issue is that when all the good kids are together, Wobbling isn't what makes or breaks the #1 player.

Drephen

Smash Master
yo bob we didnt ban it just for your friend, we wouldnt be that much of a jerk

CoK voted on the subject and the majority was for banning wobbles

we all know that there are valid arguments for both sides, thats why we voted on it (and it wasnt totally one sided either)

and as all tournies go the rules are at the host's discretion, so if kishes want 11 neutrals then CoK will have wobbling banned

Sliq

Smash Master
yo bob we didnt ban it just for your friend, we wouldnt be that much of a jerk

CoK voted on the subject and the majority was for banning wobbles

we all know that there are valid arguments for both sides, thats why we voted on it (and it wasnt totally one sided either)

and as all tournies go the rules are at the host's discretion, so if kishes want 11 neutrals then CoK will have wobbling banned
God **** this thread is full of COK pwnage.

I haven't seen this much COK pwnage since confessional...

:(

Vocal

Smash Apprentice
Man, I was making Eduardo quit in the middle of friendlies because of wobbling way back in the days of FoB2. I'm oldschool noob :cool:

edit: but I guess you guys mostly already knew that for various reasons

BigGman

Smash Journeyman
can anyone offer me housing for friday night? i will be coming pretty late, maybe midnight or so, and there will be two of us.

mathos

Smash Champion
Wow 2 Vocal posts!

Eddie the venue offers housing. . . . . with beds in a completely separate room. But you need to bring extra sleeping stuff for warmth or comfort.

I'm sad Jeffopoly can't make it. :(

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Heh, Thomas is definitely correct with the sleeping stuff for warmth and comfort. If I learned one thing from CoK2, it was never forget your sleeping stuff. :( 'Cause man, was the orphanage ever cold in only a super-light jacket.

Also, Eddie, teams friendlies into the morning so we can practice. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom