• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Codes Not Working with Updated USB Loader GX

∫unk

Smash Master
I updated my USB Loader GX to the latest version (the one where the cd sound plays when you select the game).

However, now when I try to run codes for Brawl it just goes into a black screen. It runs without Ocarina (codes) fine. This was not a problem before I updated.

I tried deleting the USB Loader Preference files as they can get corrupted through updates but that's not the problem... I didn't actually change anything in my RSBE01.gct

If this is in the wrong place could you point me in the right direction... if this isn't allowed to be asked at all could someone be kind enough to PM me back an answer?

Thanks,
Junk

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Are you using the Snapshot Method or the regular way? (If it's not the Snapshot Method, how many KB is your GCT?)

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
PRobably just the regular way, since USB Loader has its own Ocarina function. The problem may have something to do with the cIOS, because apparently the developers decided to change the one they usually use.

I think.

That being said, I can't sy anymore, because a) this is Smash hacking, not Wii hacking, and b) i'm clueless myself.

Rikami

Smash Apprentice
I still have this "bug" It's very annoying.
I even went to the extent to re-install my whole USB Loader all over again which was a pain.
And it did nothing! grrrrrrrrr, right now I'm about to install the last version.

Any one else look into this?

Silver Screemer

Smash Rookie
Has there been any resolution to this?

I just experienced this problem myself...

Is there a specific new or old version anyone would recommend?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I think you're better off asking the people who make USB Loader GX what's going on, as none of us even use it or what's going on...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I think you're better off asking the people who make USB Loader GX what's going on, as none of us even use it or what's going on...
Pfft, I'm using it too and I have absolutely no problems with my codes, so I don't know what's going on either. XD;

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Posted on the news in the USB Loader GX homepage.

posted Sep 29, 2009 3:28 PM by Marinos 35

Since r749 and on, USB Loader GX has been updated for better support of cIOS 222/223 rev4. Unfortunately that dropped the compatibility with the previous versions of cIOS 222/223. You can find rev4 at the Downloads

By the way, from that revision and on, should also have been fixed some ocarina bugs. Please drop at this topic of the forum to report any more problems with ocarina.
I used the hermes cIOS installer which gave me cIOS 222/223 rev4 on my Wii, updated my version of USB Loader GX, and got it working fine. At least, that's what I did. I can't prove it was responsible, but it seems that way.

Top Bottom