1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash stuff and support the site, like a Nintendo Controller or the Wii U - Gamecube adaptor ! Check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

Codes Not Working with Updated USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Brawl Workshop' started by ∫unk, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ∫unk

∫unk
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Master

I updated my USB Loader GX to the latest version (the one where the cd sound plays when you select the game).

However, now when I try to run codes for Brawl it just goes into a black screen. It runs without Ocarina (codes) fine. This was not a problem before I updated.

I tried deleting the USB Loader Preference files as they can get corrupted through updates but that's not the problem... I didn't actually change anything in my RSBE01.gct

If this is in the wrong place could you point me in the right direction... if this isn't allowed to be asked at all could someone be kind enough to PM me back an answer?

Thanks,
    Junk

2. Grayfox_sama

Grayfox_sama
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

Same problem.... God ****. Let me know if you figure it out before I do.

3. Secretchaos1

Secretchaos1
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Just download the last update before 8.0 (7.93?) and codes for brawl work fine.

4. Isatis

Isatis
    Expand Collapse
    formerly bionic

• Premium
    • Back Roomer

Are you using the Snapshot Method or the regular way? (If it's not the Snapshot Method, how many KB is your GCT?)

5. DevilKiller

DevilKiller
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

PRobably just the regular way, since USB Loader has its own Ocarina function. The problem may have something to do with the cIOS, because apparently the developers decided to change the one they usually use.

I think.

That being said, I can't sy anymore, because a) this is Smash hacking, not Wii hacking, and b) i'm clueless myself.

6. Dantarion

Dantarion
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Champion

Update it again, they introduced a bug in that version which has now been fixed.

7. Rikami

Rikami
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

I still have this "bug" It's very annoying.
    I even went to the extent to re-install my whole USB Loader all over again which was a pain.
    And it did nothing! grrrrrrrrr, right now I'm about to install the last version.

Any one else look into this?

8. Silver Screemer

Silver Screemer
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Rookie

Has there been any resolution to this?

I just experienced this problem myself...

Is there a specific new or old version anyone would recommend?

9. Isatis

Isatis
    Expand Collapse
    formerly bionic

• Premium
    • Back Roomer

I think you're better off asking the people who make USB Loader GX what's going on, as none of us even use it or what's going on...

10. Kaye Cruiser

Kaye Cruiser
    Expand Collapse
    Waveshocker Sigma

NNID:
    WaveshockerSigma
    Pfft, I'm using it too and I have absolutely no problems with my codes, so I don't know what's going on either. XD;

11. DevilKiller

DevilKiller
    Expand Collapse
    Smash Apprentice

Posted on the news in the USB Loader GX homepage.

I used the hermes cIOS installer which gave me cIOS 222/223 rev4 on my Wii, updated my version of USB Loader GX, and got it working fine. At least, that's what I did. I can't prove it was responsible, but it seems that way.