• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Code Generator for Alternate Stage Loader v1.0

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Got a call from ol' Slashy saying that somebody wanted this. XD

It seems there's a way now that people can add new stages and randomize them upon selection upon the SSS. Awesome. I give my props to the coders who got that engine to work!

However, apparently, people don't like going through lines upon lines of hex code and figuring out what stage corresponds to which hex value, how many lines of stage code there are, what particular button combination adds up to in hex, etc. Certainly sounds like a mess...

But don't worry. This C++ program that I wrote will automatically generate code based on stages that you want to add, including button combinations and randomization flags, and store it into a text file. It does everything for you: creating stage lines, adding up the number of lines, hexadecimal addition, and all that other crazy stuff. Just use this program once, and the needed code will be there at your disposal, ready to be copied and pasted to whatever the heck you want. ;)

Here's the link to Version 1.0.
If you get an error, use this MediaFire link (Version 0.1).

Changes between v0.1 and v1.0:

*The option to change the Wi-Fi Waiting Room has been added.
*The main menu now only shows a maximum of twenty stages at a time.
*Texture copying to the SD card and renaming has been enabled. You will be prompted for overwrite in certain situations.
*Some validation bugs have been (hopefully) fixed.

This program appears to work just fine for me. However, it's possible that I missed a couple bugs that should probably be ironed out. That's where you, the users, come in! Please try it out and feed the information back to me if you see one!

EDIT: I figure I should let you know how to put in button combinations. I haven't made that part obvious. XD

When prompted for buttons, type in one of following strings:

Code:
u => Up
d => Down
l => Left
r => Right
z => Z-button
a => A-button
b => B-button
x => X-button
y => Y-button
s => Start button
1 (that is, "one") => Wiimote 1-button (read "one"-button)
rt => Right trigger
lt => Left trigger
zl => Left-Z (Classic Controller)
zr => Right-Z (Classic Controller)
After typing in a string, simply press ENTER for it to register and prompt you for the next one (if any). For the most part, the program assumes you're using a GameCube controller, unless otherwise stated in the list, so keep that in mind when choosing buttons.

Now get to work, slaves! :p

EDIT2: I guess I'm very late in saying this, but if you're ever having trouble and want to ask for help, for the love of Nayru, please include the code that the program generates into your post along with a description of what's happening. Simply describing what the problem is, is completely unhelpful to me in figuring out the solution, since I won't be able to tell if it's a problem with the user or if it really is a bug in the program. Nothing personal. ;)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Yesss, mastah...

so, does this go with PW's or Dant's code? or both?

EDIT: Oh, duh. ASL=Alt. Stage Loader. haha.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
So does this mean it works? YESZ! :D I'm grateful that I have your approval, Dantarion. :)

I figured you'd be happy, Slashy. ;D

Now I just need to add some file-moving and -renaming functions...

EDIT: Ninja'd. XD Thanks, RocketPSIence. I look forward to your feedback. :D

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Can't wait to try this out. I never understood how the ASL works. Thanks a bunch.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Sure thing, man. Do tell me if you run into any problems. :D

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Tinkered with this a little bit and I see no problems. Since I manually use the ASL code, I just checked to see if the program matched up to what I did on my own.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Excellent. I'm very glad to hear that it's working for at least one person. :D

EDIT: Added a button guide to the OP. That should be useful.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Thanks for that, man. I'm kind of stuck with FileFactory because I always get an error upon trying to upload via Flash. MediaFire doesn't let you upload any other way, as far as I know, which is pretty stupid. :/

I shall get to putting the link into the OP right away. :D

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Awesome, are you gonna make one for the CSS?
What is xxxx.dat for?
Also what am I supposed to input in "Input a stage texture of your choosing:" ? The Specific Address and name? (example plz)

gigasteve

Smash Ace
What is xxxx.dat for?
Also what am I supposed to input in "Input a stage texture of your choosing:" ? The Specific Address and name? (example plz)
I'm still trying to get it to work, but it looks as though you use the exact location, such as C:\Users\me\Desktop\folder\s\x.pac.

It seems that everytime I want to make a different code for a stage i've done previously it only adds onto it, and doesn't make an entirely new code.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
What is xxxx.dat for?
There's a code for the CSS, too? :laugh: Or are you talking about plain ol' character textures in general?

*whatever stage name*.dat are files that contain hex data for individual stages. It is due to these files that you're allowed to reuse the program and add more stage textures to individual stages without having to reset all your settings each time.

As for inputting a stage texture name, you only need the name of the file as it appears in the folder with respect to the program's location, not necessarily the entire file's directory. Like, if the .pac is in the same directory, you only need to put the name of the file, sans the extension. The program will append the ".pac" for you. If the program's outside the desired .pac's directory, then...yeah, I guess you would need to input the entire directory. But not the extension! This is very important! (For now. I'll try to have the program ignore the extra input in a future update.)

For example, if the stage .pac is called "texture.pac", you only need to type in "texture". The new update I'm working on intends to use that information to check if the file exists, and if it does, it will copy it to the proper directory on your SD card and rename it to *whatever stage*_*whatever letter*.pac for you. If it doesn't, the program will just assume that you want to give the original stage a chance for playing at random or whatever and will let you do that.

gigasteve, to create new code for a stage, simply delete the .dat file of the stage in question. If you start the program up again after deleting the file and try to create more code for the same stage, a new *stage name*.dat file will be created.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Complicated, yet flexible, hex code calls for a complicated, yet flexible, infrastructure. ;)

Or are you talking about the interface? Because I've been trying to keep that as simple as technically possible without having to sacrifice more code or RAM than needed. XD

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I might take a stab at writing my own when I get out of class today.
Not to rain on ur parade or anything! Ill even post the code so that you can see how i approached this programming puzzle XD

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
I might take a stab at writing my own when I get out of class today.
Not to rain on ur parade or anything! Ill even post the code so that you can see how i approached this programming puzzle XD
That works, I guess. XD

But in the meantime, maybe I should write a guide to mine... XD

help i dont get it >_< :urg: :dizzy: :psycho: :confused: :dizzy:
How may I help you? ;D

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
where am i suppose to put the file? and do i need any pw code to put in code manger and is this needed if i want different textures on one stage?

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
i just download the link in the first apge now its asking about textues on stages? and its saying put "-" when im done im confused now

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Your first question didn't make much sense to me. Could you reword it?

Okay, here's an example of how to use it:

1.) Run the executable. It doesn't matter where you put it, but I recommend putting it in its own folder on the desktop or something.

2.) Type in the number of the corresponding stage that you want to hack. For instance, if you have a texture for Battlefield, type in "1" (without quotes) and press ENTER.

3.) Type in the name of the texture file that you want to apply to the stage. If the texture's name is "texture.pac", just type in "texture" (without quotes) and press ENTER.

4.) Do you want the stage to appear randomly upon selection on the SSS? If so, type in "y" (no quotes). If not, type in "n". If you type in anything other than that, the program should assume that you mean "no."

5.) Do you want this particular texture to be activated by a button combination? If so, "y"; if not, "n".

6.) If you answered "yes" to the previous question, how many buttons do you want to be in the combo? If you want a two-button combination to activate the texture, type in "2".

7.) Type in the first button that you want in the combo and press ENTER. Do the same for the second one. For instance, if we wanted the user to press Start and A to activate the stage, type in "s" the first time and "a" the second time. Consult the OP to get a complete list of button names.

8.) If you want to apply another texture, return to Step 3. On the other hand, if you're done, type in an asterisk ( * ) and press ENTER.

9.) If prompted for anything else, choose "yes" or "no." If you choose "no," the code will be generated in a code.txt file in the same directory as the program. From there, just copy and paste the generated code into a file with other Brawl+ codes and compile the .gct.

10.) Enjoy! :D

gigasteve

Smash Ace
There's a code for the CSS, too? :laugh: Or are you talking about plain ol' character textures in general?

*whatever stage name*.dat are files that contain hex data for individual stages. It is due to these files that you're allowed to reuse the program and add more stage textures to individual stages without having to reset all your settings each time.

As for inputting a stage texture name, you only need the name of the file as it appears in the folder with respect to the program's location, not necessarily the entire file's directory. Like, if the .pac is in the same directory, you only need to put the name of the file, sans the extension. The program will append the ".pac" for you. If the program's outside the desired .pac's directory, then...yeah, I guess you would need to input the entire directory. But not the extension! This is very important! (For now. I'll try to have the program ignore the extra input in a future update.)

For example, if the stage .pac is called "texture.pac", you only need to type in "texture". The new update I'm working on intends to use that information to check if the file exists, and if it does, it will copy it to the proper directory on your SD card and rename it to *whatever stage*_*whatever letter*.pac for you. If it doesn't, the program will just assume that you want to give the original stage a chance for playing at random or whatever and will let you do that.

gigasteve, to create new code for a stage, simply delete the .dat file of the stage in question. If you start the program up again after deleting the file and try to create more code for the same stage, a new *stage name*.dat file will be created.
Ok, thanks. Other than that I've experienced no problems, and even picked up how to do it manually.

Oh, and btw, I want to combine this with my Brawl + codes, but I have no clue where to find a text file for them. Can someone point me in the right direction?

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
All right, cool. :D

Well, it does seem to work for me, too, and I do have the next update almost done. Assuming my efforts don't become obsolete before long, expect v1.0 soon.

And gigasteve, I believe you are looking for brawlplus.net. Just go to the Downloads section, and there should be a "direct link to text" under the Near-Gold header.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
this thing isnt wroking and ive been trying to figure whats up.

this is what im doing

i have 3 FD stage textures

i load up the program
first i click 2 for the FD stage
the i put the name in for the texture FINALA (cuz i renamed it that in my sd card in the stages folder)
then i hit y for it to appear randomly and hit n cuz i dont want a combination

i do the same for the others but stage texutre 2 i hit FINAL B and do the same thing press Y then N

then FINALB then Y then N after that i hit the * sign and it says do i want anymore texture i hit N and it says generating code but i dont know where it is i check my doc and in my sd card and i cant find it. plz hlep me what im doing wrong thx

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hey i made a Final Destanation.dat file, which i guess has all the info for telling what the ASL to load right? Where would i put it?

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
The code.txt file should be in the exact same directory that you put the program in. If you put the program on your desktop, it's on your desktop.

And luigiman, did the program generate it? If so, just leave it. The .dat files are for the program's benefit only. It's the code.txt file that you really want to put into your .gct, with all the other codes. :)

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
No i mean where does it go on my Sd card? i havent used ASL yet........ wierd considered i LOVE THIS. You sir, (you are a dude right?) Are a epic bowl Epic win Sauce.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Oh, no, the .dat file doesn't go anywhere on your SD card. This program's purpose is to generate code to put in the .gct so you don't have to do it yourself. One stage's .dat file doesn't have all the needed information--but the code.txt does. All you need to do is copy and paste the contents into a text file with all the other Brawl+ codes (as well as the Alternate Stage Loader driver itself) and then recompile the .gct. The final .gct is what you put onto your SD card, just like old times.

And thanks, man. :D

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Okay, guys, I have updated the generator!

Changes include the following:

*The ability to change the Wi-Fi Waiting Room has been added.
*The main menu now only shows a maximum of twenty stages at a time.
*Texture copying to the SD card has been enabled. You will be prompted for overwrite in certain situations.
*Some validation bugs have been (hopefully) fixed.

The new link's in the OP! However, I'll keep the link to the old version up, just in case anyone is partial in using that or if FileFactory has more server problems.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
it doesnt even work i even put the code with the gct T_T

Top Bottom