• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Co-Founder of Brave Vesperia, Yuri Lowell for Smash Ultimate!

jarif1228

Smash Rookie
Hey, Yuri supporters. Just a guy whose speculating the "Brave" codename, so people are saying that it is Erdrick but I have some doubts. Since this is the thread for Tales of Vesperia fans, I'd like to ask a few questions I can't find answers elsewhere

A programmer by the name of @_Mizumi on twitter put Brave's stats on Ike, We've learned that Brave has floaty jumps and a slide that in the current game roster, only Luigi has. I've seen a few people mention Yuri has a slide within his game in youtube comments being barely visible with like one like, no-one really replied to explain, which lead me here to ask these question.

1. First, in-case that it hasn't been seen yet, here is the video of Brave's stats on Ike. https://twitter.com/_mizumi/status/1082674700810182657?lang=en
Now I am a HUGE Persona 5 fan and lost my mind at the Joker reveal, looking at Joker's stats on Captain Falcon immediately looked familiar so for Tales of Vesperia fans, does the movement or general feel of the character look like Yuri per-say? Honest opinions would help me most of course.

2. Going to what I've said earlier and the video, there is a slide Brave does, in the game, does Yuri have any slide mechanic or something that could look like that?

Thank you for your attention so far. If Yuri does indeed have a slide within his game, then that immediately builds his case because that is what I need to strongly predict that Yuri is the next DLC fighter besides Erdrick who has as known a very strong case as well. I have my group of friends including my sister who really go hard at predicting Smash fighters and Erdrick and Sora are being thrown around as names however I'd like to come to them with Yuri and spread the word if you guys would like to help.
I see a-lot of speculation on the internet but considering that Tales and Dragon Quest are being speculated often without those specific game-series fans helping out, we could really be missing out on cracking these next DLC fighters so hoping you all help me out, thank you once again. *bow*

(P.S You can add me to the supporters list, I've known Lloyd since my childhood due to Super Smash Flash 2 and I've watched the Tales of Zestiria anime, so I would be excited to see Yuri and Tales representation in Smash, you can count on it.)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey, Yuri supporters. Just a guy whose speculating the "Brave" codename, so people are saying that it is Erdrick but I have some doubts. Since this is the thread for Tales of Vesperia fans, I'd like to ask a few questions I can't find answers elsewhere
A programmer by the name of @_Mizumi on twitter put Brave's stats on Ike, We've learned that Brave has floaty jumps and a slide that in the current game roster, only Luigi has. I've seen a few people mention Yuri has a slide within his game in youtube comments being barely visible with like one like, no-one really replied to explain, which lead me here to ask these question.

1. First, in-case that it hasn't been seen yet, here is the video of Brave's stats on Ike. https://twitter.com/_mizumi/status/1082674700810182657?lang=en
Now I am a HUGE Persona 5 fan and lost my mind at the Joker reveal, looking at Joker's stats on Captain Falcon immediately looked familiar so for Tales of Vesperia fans, does the movement or general feel of the character look like Yuri per-say? Honest opinions would help me most of course.

2. Going to what I've said earlier and the video, there is a slide Brave does, in the game, does Yuri have any slide mechanic or something that could look like that?

Thank you for your attention so far. If Yuri does indeed have a slide within his game, then that immediately builds his case because that is what I need to strongly predict that Yuri is the next DLC fighter besides Erdrick who has as known a very strong case as well. I have my group of friends including my sister who really go hard at predicting Smash fighters and Erdrick and Sora are being thrown around as names however I'd like to come to them with Yuri and spread the word if you guys would like to help.
I see a-lot of speculation on the internet but considering that Tales and Dragon Quest are being speculated often without those specific game-series fans helping out, we could really be missing out on cracking these next DLC fighters so hoping you all help me out, thank you once again. *bow*

(P.S You can add me to the supporters list, I've known Lloyd since my childhood due to Super Smash Flash 2 and I've watched the Tales of Zestiria anime, so I would be excited to see Yuri and Tales representation in Smash, you can count on it.)
Why hello there: you have been added. :)

As a result of your comment, I decided to make this brief and short video that shows off Yuri's slide in comparison to characters like Banjo and Brave's stats. I hope this helps you out!

EDIT: Reuploaded to fix a minor graphical error.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just had another thought

Smash has another Yuri as an Assist Trophy: Yuri Kozukata from Fatal Frame V. Note how her full name is used?

It’s almost like a different Yuri is planned to be playable...
1549222157823.png

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Just had another thought
Smash has another Yuri as an Assist Trophy: Yuri Kozukata from Fatal Frame V. Note how her full name is used?

It’s almost like a different Yuri is planned to be playable...
View attachment 190065
I remember you mentioning that at one point on your profile. To be honest, it does make me think on whether or not that would be a valid point in favor of Yuri's inclusion: would Yuri Kozukata just be called Yuri if this were not the case in the final game? Would it make sense to do this?

Last edited:

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
I remember you mentioning that at one point on your profile. To be honest, it does make me think on whether or not that would be a valid point in favor of Yuri's inclusion: would Yuri Kozukata just be called Yuri if this were not the case in the final game? Would it make sense to do this?
It doesn't even matter whether Fatal Frame's Yuri is referred to by full name or not. We have two fighters named Roy. :ultroy::ultroy2:

Last edited:

jarif1228

Smash Rookie

As a result of your comment, I decided to make this brief and short video that shows off Yuri's slide in comparison to characters like Banjo and Brave's stats. I hope this helps you out!

Gosh-dang I didn't expect a video, I wish I knew the full extent to which I could express my thanks in text, this is BEYOND helpful!

Though I was disappointed to see it did not bring up anything conclusive for Yuri, Banjo is a interesting comparison.
I already knew he had a slide, but looking at the footage, that is quite a slide. Perhaps Brave could be Banjo? I did notice that Kazooie is helping Banjo float in the footage I saw which is a trait mentioned by Mizumi regarding Brave so who knows? Though I don't know Banjo personally so I can't really act certain without being certain but it's something to look into now. After I post this message, I'm gonna hit my pal and try to trace things together.

Hopefully I'll get who Brave is?

but tbh it could be just Erdrick and I'm overthinking it ._.
Erdrick is my number one prediction for Brave because of that, I'm just speculating cause I have no life and I'm hoping I crack something others couldn't predict.

Also what you mentioned about them changing Yuri's slide speed could very well be a possibility, though right now I'm trying to keep my speculation from being more complicated than it might very well be.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I actually want Estelle more but I'm glad Vesperia is popular amongst the Smash fanbase.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I know this is a Yuri thread rather than a Tales general but with Cristina Vee's cryptic tweet (not that I'm foolish enough to absolutely say it's about Smash), what do y'all think about the Tales rep being Velvet? I'm not gonna lie, she's my dream series rep just because her moveset is awesome and Berseria was great.

I'm not thinking she's in any way likely, of course, don't get me wrong. I just don't know if there's a support thread and it was an idle thought I had when seeing that tweet and thinking who I'd want in to rep the series.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I know this is a Yuri thread rather than a Tales general but with Cristina Vee's cryptic tweet (not that I'm foolish enough to absolutely say it's about Smash), what do y'all think about the Tales rep being Velvet? I'm not gonna lie, she's my dream series rep just because her moveset is awesome and Berseria was great.

I'm not thinking she's in any way likely, of course, don't get me wrong. I just don't know if there's a support thread and it was an idle thought I had when seeing that tweet and thinking who I'd want in to rep the series.
I mean, she’s not exactly my most wanted Tales character but I would still accept her because of how unique she could be. She could use her Daemon powers to attack with claws and such which would stop people from complaining about “another anime swordsman!!” Plus, she would be the closest thing to having Ragna tha Bloodedge in Smash, who’s got pretty much no shot of making the roster.

Besides, at this point, I just want to see Tales represented in the game so she would be a nice and unexpected addition.

D

Deleted member

I would totally be okay with Velvet being a rep. I just want a Tales rep in general, really.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I mean, she’s not exactly my most wanted Tales character but I would still accept her because of how unique she could be. She could use her Daemon powers to attack with claws and such which would stop people from complaining about “another anime swordsman!!” Plus, she would be the closest thing to having Ragna tha Bloodedge in Smash, who’s got pretty much no shot of making the roster.

Besides, at this point, I just want to see Tales represented in the game so she would be a nice and unexpected addition.
I would be careful with that "no shot" claim. I can totally imagine an ArcSys character being dropped in completly random, since no one would expect it lol. Here is hoping that it might actually happen (would be Sol or Ragna, if they would do it)

I would be definitely fine with Velvet as well. I think Yuri,Velvet or Lloyd would all make a fantastic addition to the roster. But if I had to rank them, I would probably want 1. Yuri ; 2. Velvet ; 3. Lloyd .

But I am also certain, that we will definitely get a bandai namco char. And Tales probably has a good chance to make it in.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I have a question I’d like to pose. I haven’t played Vesperia yet but a friend of mine who has suggested Zagi as Yuri’s classic mode boss since Zagi is a recurring mini-boss in the source game. Thing is though, he’s about the size of a playable character and all the bosses in the game are a pretty decent bit larger than the fighters. Think this would prevent Zagi from being a boss or could they make an exception.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So I have a question I’d like to pose. I haven’t played Vesperia yet but a friend of mine who has suggested Zagi as Yuri’s classic mode boss since Zagi is a recurring mini-boss in the source game. Thing is though, he’s about the size of a playable character and all the bosses in the game are a pretty decent bit larger than the fighters. Think this would prevent Zagi from being a boss or could they make an exception.
Hmm... I think the big question is whether or not they add bosses unless you're implying they'd add a Zagi Mii Costume and have them play the role of Zagi. Otherwise, I could see that being an interesting idea.

Last edited:

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
If I had to guess, the only other Vesperia related thing that might be included with Yuri is Flynn when he unleashes his final smash.

Otherwise there could also be Mii costumes such as Estelle,Flynn or Rita.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
I'm all for Yuri getting in. I didn't play ToV until Definitive Edition was released on the Switch, and now I'm wishing I had gotten into the series sooner.

It's one of the most engaging RPGS I've ever gotten into, and a good amount of that is because of Yuri.

If he gets in, I hope he brings Repede with him somehow.

D

Deleted member

I'm all for Yuri getting in. I didn't play ToV until Definitive Edition was released on the Switch, and now I'm wishing I had gotten into the series sooner.

It's one of the most engaging RPGS I've ever gotten into, and a good amount of that is because of Yuri.

If he gets in, I hope he brings Repede with him somehow.
Like an Ice Climbers or Rosalina and Luma type of fighter?

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Yuri doesn’t need Repede to fight. He’s perfectly capable on his own.

If anything, he would show up in a group Final Smash, but they could just as easily use his Mystic Artes.

D

Deleted member

If Yuri made it in Smash Bros, I really hope we have other Vesperia characters as Spirits.

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
I could see the TP system being used, where attacking builds up TP that increases power for the specials. Almost like a hybrid between Little Mac and Cloud.
I'd have assumed Over Limit would be his special mechanic. He'd build it up over a match, and by taunting, he could release it to temporarily improve his frame data and, at higher levels, grant him Bowser's Heavy Armor. I'd also assume that, if it is Over Limit, that he'd be able to cancel one of his Specials into Divine Wolf (And possibly Savage Wolf Fury, which is obviously going to be his FS, at max level).

Of course, he'd have to commit to using Over Limit the instant he releases it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mentioned before that if Yuri ever made it in Smash, I hope that other Vesperia characters appear as Spirits and just for fun
Estelle-:ultzelda:
Karol-:ultyounglink:
Rita-:ultrobinf:(Red)
Raven-:ultdarkpit:(Purple)
Judith-:ultzss:(Blue Shorts)
Flynn-:ulthero3:(White)
Patty-:ulttoonlink:(Blue)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Also if Yuri was added in over Lloyd, I imagine it would be Incineroar over Decidueye all over again.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I would be down with that, I watched an LP of Tales of Vesperia and I enjoyed

I Support!

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
I mentioned before that if Yuri ever made it in Smash, I hope that other Vesperia characters appear as Spirits and just for fun
Estelle-:ultzelda:(Violet)
Repede-:ultduckhunt:(Black)
Karol-:ultyounglink:(Cyan)
Rita-:ultrobinf:(Red)
Raven-:ultsnake:(Black)
Judith-:ultzss:(Blue Shorts)
Flynn-:ultlink:(White)
Patty-:ulttoonlink:(Blue)
I think Estelle should instead be :ultpalutena: (Pink) while Raven might instead be :ultdarkpit: (Purple)

D

Deleted member

I think Estelle should instead be :ultpalutena: (Pink) while Raven might instead be :ultdarkpit: (Purple)
Dark Pit, I can understand a little but I always thought Zelda would be fitting for Estelle for being that of the "young princess", well for me at least. Although one thing I could change is Zelda's default costume representing the "Estelle" spirit similar to Inkling representing the "Futaba" spirit with the default costume

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Personally, I'd be happy with either Tales protagonist, whereas none of the recent starter pokemon appealed to me. Rockruff would have been a far better representative of the day/night theme.
I should've said this earlier but I never knew I wouldn't mind Velvet for Smash, I'll admit I never finished Berseria but can't she fight with her claw?

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I should've said this earlier but I never knew I wouldn't mind Velvet for Smash, I'll admit I never finished Berseria but can't she fight with her claw?
Much as I don't like giving characters special mechanics, it would likely work a lot like Cloud and Joker's. Build up to it over time and then unleash one super-combo that varies slightly based on the opponent.
I would prefer either Lloyd or Yuri but, now that I'm playing Berseria, I could get behind a Velvet inclusion.

D

Deleted member

I totally would be okay with Velvet for Smash, since Berseria is my first Tales game and my favorite Tales game. But I also still would love to have Lloyd or Yuri.

Top Bottom