• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Co-Founder of Brave Vesperia, Yuri Lowell for Smash Ultimate!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: I've been heavily considering creating a support thread for this guy many times and it shocked me that a thread for him hadn't already existed beforehand. While I get that most people believe we'll get Lloyd Irving if a Tales rep is considered, I still think Yuri should be heavily mentioned here as he rivals Lloyd in some areas, although if Lloyd does get in over Yuri, I'll be accepting of it. Either way, I hope to update this thread more as the weeks go by, especially when I get my hands on Tales of Vesperia's definitive edition on the Nintendo Switch in about a little over a week!

EDIT: There was an error with the title as Yuri is technically not the leader of Brave Vesperia: that honor goes to Karol, one of his other party members who actually created the guild. Nonetheless, he did act as a co-founder of the guild alongside Karol and as we all know plays a prominent role in Tales of Vesperia itself. Either way, that was all!

-Yellowlord

Yuri Lowell Image 2.png

Yuri Lowell, Leader of Brave Vesperia!
Who is Yuri Lowell and where does his story take place?

To be specific, he is the main protagonist of Tales of Vesperia, which came out for Xbox on August 7th, 2008 in Japan and August 26th, 2008: the game eventually got a exclusive re-release on the PS3 in Japan only with added content on September 17th, 2009. In this game, Yuri lives in a world known as Terca Lumireis: in this world, there exists an element called Blastia (which is basically the magic and energy source of Yuri's world). Formerly a soldier from the Imperial Empire, he eventually meets Estelle, who plays a significant role later in the story and is of noble descent: this was the main motivation to even form the guild known as Brave Vesperia to protect her. His main quest from there is to prevent other evils in the world from using Blastia for their own evil purposes and also stop them from throwing the world of Terca Lumireis into chaos.

This is a basic rundown of where Yuri originates from as I don't want to go too much further on the story for right now.

What exactly makes Yuri so unique?

Compared to other Tales of characters who are usually quite young and much more free-going, Yuri is far more mature due to his older age as he is 21 when the story takes place compared to most Tales of protagonists who usually fall below the age of 20 in almost every situation. This is what helps to make Yuri so like-able to many people as it makes it easier for people to relate to him and show what a leader can do for others. Despite the fact that Yuri's actions can make it look like he's doing the wrong thing, he's actually simply trying to do the right thing in his own unique way, even if it puts himself in danger. From that, it just goes to show how different Yuri is from other Tales of characters, which is reflected quite well in popularity polls as he is usually ranked very high (at least number 3 or above in various Tales of character polls).

Isn't Yuri just another sword wielding character that would be too similar to other characters with swords in Smash Bros.?

The answer to that question is no, he's not just another sword-fighter: while he does use a sword called the Second Star, he is also capable of using axes if need-be and he also likes to be up close and personal with his enemies as he incorporates punches and kicks into his battle style. Compared to other existing sword-fighting characters in Smash, I can't necessarily recall a sword-wielder that incorporates that type of battle style beyond just using their sword outside of grab attacks from characters like Marth and Roy: in addition, the Artes (which are basically the main magical abilities Tales is known for) would stand out in Smash Bros as there is plenty of material to pull from these Artes that would help to further define Yuri away from traditional sword-wielders in Smash as again, he's not primarily just a sword-wielder.

Wouldn't Lloyd Irving get in before Yuri?

In a way, yes: even I think he would as Lloyd did receive a Mii Costume and Sakurai had gone on to say around the time of his Mii Costume release that Lloyd is basically the most obvious pick for a Tales rep if he were to get in. However, I don't feel Yuri should be ruled out or disregarded as again, he is up there with Lloyd in terms of popularity and recognition especially based on the fan polls and general opinions I've seen before: it's to the point that if another Tales rep were considered or chosen, Yuri would be next in line. However, let me clarify here: If Lloyd does get in over Yuri, I won't be sad or upset about it as I'd be happy with any sort of Tales representation. Sure, I might feel a bit disappointed as it naturally would be if your character didn't get in, but I honestly would be accepting of it in the end if it did happen. And if it does happen, I just hope everyone will be accepting of it as I wouldn't want anyone to feel sad or upset if I did happen.

What kind of move-set would Yuri have?

As you can see below, I've made quite an interesting moveset for Yuri that I think would work well for him based off video footage I've seen (wanted to give credit to Passaro and this video source by extension for inspiring this potential moveset idea for Yuri). Just remember: this is simply an idea of mine and any suggestions and feedback always helps out.

Video Reference:

Moveset List:

Neutral Attack: Yuri uses Brutal Fang, a rapid jab where he attacks with rapid fire punches and finishes off the attack with an upward strike from Second Strike, which has good base knockback and damaging capabilities. As with all rapid jabs, be careful not to spam this too often! The punches do 1-2% each and the sword strike does 6%. Also, the first punch to start the combo can jab reset.
Forward Tilt: Yuri uses the spinning part of Shining Fang Drop, which is a good set of hits that deal up to 15% if all the hits connect: in exchange, the move's knockback isn't as good, although it's at least enough to push your opponents away from you regardless of percentage.

Up Tilt: Yuri uses the uppercut portion of Fang Strike, which can combo into itself a few times before the knock-back becomes too great, similar to Mario's Up Tilt. Does 6% per hit.

Down Tilt: Yuri uses Shining Eagle, which has him do a backwards slash via crouching and spinning at the same time: the move is quite powerful with it dealing up to 10% if the hitbox lands, although the end-lag on the move is meant to make it more of a pressure tool then a spamming tool, so be careful not to miss with it.

Dash Attack: Yuri uses Ghost Wolf, which he can with correct timing use to turn around and strike an opponent from behind with. Deals 10% if both hits connect.

Forward Smash: Yuri uses Lone Wolf Charge, which has him rush slightly forward and unleash a blue wolf image with his sword that has great knockback: the move serves similar functionality to Link's Forward Smash which allows him to stop after the first hit of the move to pressure opponents into approaching him. Does 19% if both hits connect. Alternatively, Yuri could use Frigid Blast, which create two frozen blade beams that Yuri then shatters with a push from his hands, dealing the same amount of damage if all hits connects: it also has a slight chance to freeze the opponent in place and send them flying.

Up Smash: Yuri uses Ryuujinshou, which uses the second part of the attack where Yuri jumps into the air with a rising slash: it has good base knockback and can be used to avoid certain attacks such as Samus's Charge Shot with a total of 17% damage. However, be wary of the end-lag at the end of it.

Down Smash: Yuri uses Azure Blast, a downward sword-strike slam that causes a blue shock-wave to appear, giving the move good range, albeit with similar start-up lag and end-lag like Robin's Down Smash. Does 18% with good knockback. Alternatively, Yuri could also use Guardian Field, a move that has Yuri slam Second Star into the ground to create a healing circle that heals him by 0.7% every 5 frames its active for a total of about 3-4%. This move is capable of dealing damage as well and knocking enemies out of the healing circle: it would deal 10% as well to compensate for its healing.

Neutral Aerial: Yuri uses the spinning part of Shining Dragon Fang again, except this time in the air, similar to Simon and Richter's neutral air which is a great pressure tool that works effectively well against shields. Does 10% if all hits connect.

Forward Aerial: Yuri uses the last two hits of Pyre Havoc which consist of a spinning aerial kick and a sword slash. In general, it's an aerial fire based attack that's great for edge guarding if the move lands, although watch out for its endlag! Deals 12% if both hits connect.

Back Aerial: Yuri uses Marian, a forward (in this case) backward) sword lunge that launches a dark energy projectile: combined with the projectile, it's a great edge guarding pressure tool, although the move has significant start-up lag, so the move must be timed correctly. Deals 13% if all hits connect.

Down Aerial: Yuri uses the quick downward strike part of Shining Fang Drop, which meteor smashes opponents if the tip of the blade connects. Deals about 11% on contact.

Forward Throw: Yuri throws the opponent forwards as he uses Wolf Strike, thrusting his sword forward before finishing with a quick punch that is good for follow-ups from other moves such as Severing Fang. Deals 9% in total.

Back Throw: Yuri kicks the opponent behind him and follows up with Shanha, a lunge attack where Yuri uses his sword as a battering ram, which is good for getting opponents off of you. Deals 7%.

Up Throw: Yuri kicks the opponent into the air while using Wailing Havoc, a three hit aerial kick attack that launches opponents away from Yuri at the end, which is useful at the edge of the stage to try and edgeguard opponents with. Deals 8% damage overall.

Down Throw: Yuri throws the opponent downward and follows up with Crushing Eagle, a downward sword thrust with a shockwave that has good knockback and is a great combo starter at the cost of starting damage, dealing only 5%.

Neutral Special: Azure Storm

Yuri launches a singular blue projectile from his blade: if he inputs the b button again when an opponent is hit by the projectile, he can launch another one that always lands its mark on an opponent and is a great way to deal extra damage if both hits connect: this deals 12% overall. However, there is some increased start-up lag on the first projectile, making it possible for opponents to dodge the attack and counter.

Side Special: Dragon Swarm

Yuri does up to 5 roundhouse kicks with a final sword slash at the end that has great launching capabilities at the edge of a stage, although the move has a good amount of end-lag if the first hit misses. The move deals about 16% if all hits connect.

Up Special: Severing Fang

Yuri launches an opponent into the air similar to Ike's Aether: however, unlike Ike's Aether, he is capable of using a downward slash at the end of the move to launch the opponent downwards at a semi-spike angle. This makes the move useful for edge guarding and getting people away from you while also dealing some good damage, with 14% for all hits including the semi-spike. However, like Ike's Aether, Yuri must be careful to not get edge-guarded as the move will leave him helpless if he uses the sword slash input alongside the fact the move doesn't grant much horizontal recovery distance.

Down Special: Destruction Field

Yuri does a quick forward flip and slams Second Star into the ground, causing a small explosion that has slightly increased range from the base of the explosion. If the target is directly hit by Destruction Field, they take 5% more damage and get knocked into the air: the move's short end lag can allow Yuri to do some quick combos, although the more Yuri spams it, the less effective the move becomes and the more end-lag is generated. Ideally, this is a move you'll want to use a few times to catch the opponent off guard as it's rewarding to land: however, using it too many times means you'll get punished for it, so be careful. This moves shares similarities with Shulk's Back Slash in terms of animation and inspiration. The move can also help Yuri to recover to the stage as its distance is similar to Incineroar's Alolan Whip.
Floor Attack (Front): Yuri spins himself around with a roundhouse kick on the ground on both sides.

Floor Attack (Back): Yuri does two quick punches to the left and right.

Floor Attack (Trip): Yuri slices with his sword to the left and right.

Edge Attack: Yuri does a forward flip with feet and kicks anyone in front of him.

Taunts (a bit harder to come up with ideas here for the latter two taunts):

Yuri makes a "come here" gesture with his hands and says "Don't just stand there!"

Yuri's wolf companion Repede shows up and barks in the direction Yuri is facing before he disappears.

Yuri tosses his sword into the air and catches it with one hand.

Idle Animation: Yuri's battle pose while holding Second Star is replicated here.

Rest of the minor stuff to come soon!

Passive Ability: Over Limit

In his game of origin, Yuri has a mechanic called Over Limit, which allows him to fill up a meter that will allow him to go beyond his usual battle abilities and access traits such as unlimited attacking, no cost spell casting, and much more. In this case, Yuri passively generates his Over Limit meter, which can be seen next to his percentage meter on the bottom screen: similar to Cloud's Limit Break, dealing and taking damage is the way to charge it, but unlike Cloud's Limit Charge, Yuri cannot charge it manually on his own. Regardless, once Yuri activates this Over Limit at full charge, he emits a shockwave that knocks enemies away from him and allows him unlimited use of his specials and attacks with no penalty for up to 15 seconds. This temporary shaves off half of the end-lag on all of his moves as well, but his speed and attack power doesn't change to balance this effect out: either way, watch out when he is in this state! One other thing: he can unleash all of his Divine Wolf artes once, be it Crush, Flood, Blaze, and Storm for his Down Special, Neutral Special, Up Special, and Side Special, respectively.

Final Smash: Savage Wolf Fury

Yuri lunges forward at an opponent: if he hits at least one person (up to a maximum of 7 people), he traps them all in a cutscene where strikes his opponents from multiple different angles before proceeding to dash through them to finish them off, launching them at an upwards angle. Unlike in the original, this move would be sped up for Smash Bros as the move does last for a good period of time, up to about 30 seconds or so if not a bit shorter then that. Does 35% with great knockback.

Well, I think that about covers it for now: I hope this thread gave more information on Yuri Lowell as a character and why I think he should be in Smash Ultimate!

The Brave Supporter List:
1. Dyllybirdy
2. Pizza Robo
3. slambros
4. ShadowGuy1
5. psb123
6. KeyBladeSmasher
7. RadiantTactician
8. Tyrant Tenebris
9. Kingshadow3
10. Sanae
11. Mrs. Milky
12. Jocario Zero
13. Desert Croc
14. Xigger
15. liquidmetalslime
16. Freduardo
17. Kuroko
18. MarcSio277
19. FlintIke
20. kirby3021
21. Neosonic97
22. Rie Sonomura
23. jarif1228
24. Mushroomguy12
25. TDDolphin

Last edited by a moderator:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... I guess to get this thread started on something, it appears there was some data for Smash Ultimate DLC found by SourceGaming that has two codenames, one of which might directly correlate to Yuri if the name of his group later in the game is anything to go by. Either way, I'll let you guys watch this for yourselves and see what you think.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
I support Yuri. The Switch release of Tales of Vespiria is very interestingly positioned for an occurrence such as this. Sakurai's the one that says Lloyd is the most obvious pick, but Nintendo themselves, with their knowledge and connections, made the decisions themselves. So I think the chance is definitely there. Plus, while I really like Lloyd, I think it's really nice to have another Tales rep with a palpable chance at playable inclusion.

:131:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I 10000% support Yuri and every possible Tales Rep for smash. Those recent datamines might also help his inclusion, so here’s hoping!

D

Deleted member

For the longest time people have labeled Lloyd as the most likely character if we get a Tales of Rep. But with the upcoming definitive edition of Vesperia, coupled with Yuri's insane popularity among Tales of fans. I almost wonder if they'll give the nod to Yuri instead.

I'm good with either one though. Already voiced my support for Lloyd. So I'd like to be added to Yuri's support list please.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I support Yuri. The Switch release of Tales of Vespiria is very interestingly positioned for an occurrence such as this. Sakurai's the one that says Lloyd is the most obvious pick, but Nintendo themselves, with their knowledge and connections, made the decisions themselves. So I think the chance is definitely there. Plus, while I really like Lloyd, I think it's really nice to have another Tales rep with a palpable chance at playable inclusion.
I 10000% support Yuri and every possible Tales Rep for smash. Those recent datamines might also help his inclusion, so here’s hoping!
For the longest time people have labeled Lloyd as the most likely character if we get a Tales of Rep. But with the upcoming definitive edition of Vesperia, coupled with Yuri's insane popularity among Tales of fans. I almost wonder if they'll give the nod to Yuri instead.
I'm good with either one though. Already voiced my support for Lloyd. So I'd like to be added to Yuri's support list please.
All three of you have been added. :)

By the way, at least in my opinion, I still think its very likely that "Brave" does refer to Yuri as I feel that Sakurai would try to be creative and inspire the codename from part of the name of Yuri's guild. Plus, Yuri himself is quite Brave and has done many actions that would qualify as such, so my feelings of him being the one behind the codename is quite likely.

However, what it really comes down to is the results of that direct (if the rumors turn out to be true) as that's what's going to matter here: if Yuri isn't announced to be in Smash then, I'm not sure if he would be announced later on, honestly.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Was wondering when someone would make this thread. I thought about doing so for the longest time, but decided against it.

I've been wanting to play Vesperia ever since it was first released, but never could, due to never owning an X360. That said, I'm sincerely looking forward to playing it on the Switch; already got mine copy pre-ordered. Hopefully we'll get more Tales ports in the future.

Due to NamcoBandai helping with Smash Ultimate, and due to Higuchi wanting a Tales character, I've always seen it as a possibility. Back then, mine most wanted Tales character was Cless Alvein. But after playing Tales of the Abyss, it shifted to Luke fon Fabre. In one moveset I made, Luke's main gimmick is Overlimit.

As of now, though, I think either Lloyd or Yuri are the most likely Tales characters to get in Smash Ultimate. If I were to choose between them, it would be Yuri. Like Ike, Yuri would have an eccentric style of swordplay, mixed with punches and kicks. Judging by the gameplay footage I've watched, Vesperia seems to have a mechanic similar to Abyss's Overlimit. That could be the gimmick that would set Yuri apart from the other sword wielders.

Overall, I wouldn't mind seeing this character in Smash. I've always felt that if we did get another Namco character after Pac-Man, it would be someone from the Tales series.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Was wondering when someone would make this thread. I thought about doing so for the longest time, but decided against it.

I've been wanting to play Vesperia ever since it was first released, but never could, due to never owning an X360. That said, I'm sincerely looking forward to playing it on the Switch; already got mine copy pre-ordered. Hopefully we'll get more Tales ports in the future.

Due to NamcoBandai helping with Smash Ultimate, and due to Higuchi wanting a Tales character, I've always seen it as a possibility. Back then, mine most wanted Tales character was Cless Alvein. But after playing Tales of the Abyss, it shifted to Luke fon Fabre. In one moveset I made, Luke's main gimmick is Overlimit.

As of now, though, I think either Lloyd or Yuri are the most likely Tales characters to get in Smash Ultimate. If I were to choose between them, it would be Yuri. Like Ike, Yuri would have an eccentric style of swordplay, mixed with punches and kicks. Judging by the gameplay footage I've watched, Vesperia seems to have a mechanic similar to Abyss's Overlimit. That could be the gimmick that would set Yuri apart from the other sword wielders.

Overall, I wouldn't mind seeing this character in Smash. I've always felt that if we did get another Namco character after Pac-Man, it would be someone from the Tales series.
I have added you to the supporter list. :)

In a way, I share similarities with you as I also have been wanting to play Vesperia, but I haven't been able to due to it not being on a Nintendo console. With this upcoming release, it'll be nice to finally play his game of origin and hope he makes it into Smash. This extends to me wanting to make this thread as I also held off for a time and finally decided to do it.

In addition, while I do like your comparison with Ike, I believe Ike only really does punches and kicks for his neutral jab and grab attacks while the rest is based on his sword. Were you saying Ike is the closest to Yuri despite this, out of curiosity? :o

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Ike was really just the first comparison that came to mind, since I can't think of any other sword wielders besides Shulk whom uses punches. Frankly, I think Yuri would be completely unique, despite his sword. Overlimit gimmick aside, what could set Yuri aside from the other sword wielders is his combo potential. In the Tales games, Techs/Arts typically chain into higher-level ones. In Ultimate, his jab could chain into a tilt, then a Smash. Also, a fast-fall or stall-then-fall aerial could chain into a special, and so on.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Thanks to Project x Zone, I have much more familiarity with Yuri than with Lloyd; thusly, I'd rather see Yuri. But it'd be nice to have other Tales songs in Smash as well, because skipping out on Fatalize from Symphonia would be a crime.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I've always thought that, when it comes down to a Tales rep, it'd be between Luke, Lloyd, and Yuri; seeing Lloyd's costume left me ded on the inside, though I'm still hoping for another chance with a diff. character. I still need to play Vesperia (will finally get my chance this Friday!), but I definitely would support any Tales character regardless.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Thanks to Project x Zone, I have much more familiarity with Yuri than with Lloyd; thusly, I'd rather see Yuri. But it'd be nice to have other Tales songs in Smash as well, because skipping out on Fatalize from Symphonia would be a crime.
I've always thought that, when it comes down to a Tales rep, it'd be between Luke, Lloyd, and Yuri; seeing Lloyd's costume left me ded on the inside, though I'm still hoping for another chance with a diff. character. I still need to play Vesperia (will finally get my chance this Friday!), but I definitely would support any Tales character regardless.
You two have been added. :)

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Coming from the Geno thread, may I ask what kind of ties the name 'brave' may have towards Yuri? (Or even Lloyd) A lot of people are claiming it is Erdrick but how does Yuri fall into this category?

GameWatching

Smash Ace
Coming from the Geno thread, may I ask what kind of ties the name 'brave' may have towards Yuri? (Or even Lloyd) A lot of people are claiming it is Erdrick but how does Yuri fall into this category?
His main guild is called "Brave Vesperia".

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I wouldn't care who the Tales rep would be at this point. So for the heck of it, because now that I'm employed and plan to get Tales of Vesperia (and Berseria) eventually. Please count me in as a supporter for Yuri, Yellowlord.

Just for the heck of it, Tales of Symphonia and Legendia are my favorite games in particular since I still consider myself a fan of the series.

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Sign me up. I believe PAC-MAN shouldn't really be the only Namco rep. And Vesperia is actually the only tales game I have played.

D

Deleted member

While I support Lloyd, I also support Yuri. Honestly I'm fine with either getting in Smash. I want Tales representation so badly.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Sorry but I have to support Lloyd first before I support Yuri.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I wouldn't care who the Tales rep would be at this point. So for the heck of it, because now that I'm employed and plan to get Tales of Vesperia (and Berseria) eventually. Please count me in as a supporter for Yuri, Yellowlord.

Just for the heck of it, Tales of Symphonia and Legendia are my favorite games in particular since I still consider myself a fan of the series.
Sign me up. I believe PAC-MAN shouldn't really be the only Namco rep. And Vesperia is actually the only tales game I have played.
While I support Lloyd, I also support Yuri. Honestly I'm fine with either getting in Smash. I want Tales representation so badly.
The three of you have been added to the supporter list. :)

Sorry but I have to support Lloyd first before I support Yuri.
It's all good: at the end of the day, it's your choice of who you want to support.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Thought I’d do a brief bump here for discussion purposes, so here are three questions I had:

1. How are you all feeling on a Direct announcement tomorrow or just a Nintendo Direct for this week?

2. Do you think Yuri has a good shot of being announced in this Direct if it does happen?

3. If he isn’t announced in this theoretical Direct, would there be a chance in the future at some point where he could be announced?

Last edited:

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Thought I’d do a brief bump here for discussion purposes, so here are three questions I had:

1. How are you all feeling on a Direct announcement tomorrow or just a Nintendo Direct for this week?

2. Do you think Yuri has a good shot of being announced in this Direct if it does happen?

3. If he isn’t announced in this theoretical Direct, would there be a chance in the future at some point where he could be announced?
1. I'm hoping for a Direct real soon.

2. Since Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is releasing this week. He does seem to.

3. It depends if they reveal who Brave really is. If Brave is NOT Yuri, then I don't really believe he will be DLC. If Brave happens to be Erdrick, then this hints that the leak containing Ryu Hayabusa, Minecraft's Steve and Doomguy is possibly true (Which I absolute hope is not, I simply cannot see Sakurai picking Steve who doesn't have any personality whatsoever).

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well... I guess we aren't getting a Direct this week then? I'm not sure what to do here now as I have no idea when they'd possible announce a Tales character.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Whoa? There isn't a thread for this guy?? What a crime! Yury deserves better. Anyway I would like to support him as well. I prefer him over Lloyd.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Yesss, also, maybe they could surprise us by showing him randomly?
I'd like to hope for that as it would make it all the more exciting, but it seems more likely they'd want to announce him at a Tales themed event or a gaming themed event.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
You know what? Count me in as a supporter. Now that Tales of Vesperia is finally coming to a system that i own, i can finally play the game (i waited about 7-8 years for this...). From what i saw (and remember...it has been a while) Yuri is a pretty cool guy and his playstyle would definitely be unique and im looking forward getting the game later (in germany its already friday^^).

btw isn't there supposed to be a livestream or something for the games release? I thought i heard something about it,

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
You know what? Count me in as a supporter. Now that Tales of Vesperia is finally coming to a system that i own, i can finally play the game (i waited about 7-8 years for this...). From what i saw (and remember...it has been a while) Yuri is a pretty cool guy and his playstyle would definitely be unique and im looking forward getting the game later (in germany its already friday^^).
btw isn't there supposed to be a livestream or something for the games release? I thought i heard something about it,

You have been added. :)

I searched it up and found it from the Tales Of Twitter account: based off the internet not going crazy, it appears Yuri wasn't announced for Smash here. At this point, we'll simply have to wait until later in the year.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys........ after 2 and a half hours of searching, first by going to a Best Buy and then a Target, I finally found it:

ToV Picture.jpg

Despite later finding the case a little bit damaged on the bottom right corner and inside the case itself (a piece above the pieces used to seal the case broke off), this was one of the two copies this Target had in stock. What's even more crazy is that they only got 2 physical copies in... which is just bewildering. Despite that, let me just say: I'm quite excited and happy to finally have my hands on this game. I honestly think my personal highlight trying to get the game today was getting the same Uber driver not once, but twice in one night! I don't know what the chances are of that happening, but it's quite slim (at least according to my driver).

Either way, I hope to start playing it tonight if not tomorrow and let you all know what I think of it for my first Tales of game! :)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Well guys........ after 2 and a half hours of searching, first by going to a Best Buy and then a Target, I finally found it:

Despite later finding the case a little bit damaged on the bottom right corner and inside the case itself (a piece above the pieces used to seal the case broke off), this was one of the two copies this Target had in stock. What's even more crazy is that they only got 2 physical copies in... which is just bewildering. Despite that, let me just say: I'm quite excited and happy to finally have my hands on this game. I honestly think my personal highlight trying to get the game today was getting the same Uber driver not once, but twice in one night! I don't know what the chances are of that happening, but it's quite slim (at least according to my driver).

Either way, I hope to start playing it tonight if not tomorrow and let you all know what I think of it for my first Tales of game! :)
I can't wait to find out how good this port is. When I'm in a better financial position, this is one title I'm definitely planning on picking up.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Please add me to the supporters list! I just started playing Tales of Vesperia and man am I enjoying it more than I thought I would, and I'm not even much of an RPG guy!

I do think that Lloyd will be chosen over him but that doesn't mean we can't dream! Speaking of which, Symphonia is definitely the next game in the series I need to check out.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Please add me to the supporters list! I just started playing Tales of Vesperia and man am I enjoying it more than I thought I would, and I'm not even much of an RPG guy!

I do think that Lloyd will be chosen over him but that doesn't mean we can't dream! Speaking of which, Symphonia is definitely the next game in the series I need to check out.
You have been added. :)

Yeah, I know Lloyd is just as likely as Yuri is in most situations, but I still have hope for Yuri. While I'd love to have both of them, it's simply just a dream scenario.

D

Deleted member

I'm so glad I preordered my copy of Vesperia because I went to Gamestop last night just curious to see if they had it and they had no copies at all! It was pretty crazy.

The downside is I don't get my copy until Monday. ;-;

Xigger

Smash Lord
-Yuri's popularity aged better than Lloyd
-Game remastered and ported to Switch
-Large interest in rep for Tales series and Namco
-Is in my signature

Yuri is a surprisingly likely candidate, despite most of the Smash fandom being focused on older characters like Lloyd. He has my support, add me to the list!

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Im currently playing Vesperia and...boy it's sooo good. I just played through the part where Judith joined the group for the first time and if (by some unlikely chance) they gonna add Assist Trophies for DLC-Characters, then i really want her as an assist if Yuri gets in. After a little bit of time she was pretty fun to play. The way you can air-combo enemies reminded me of Bayonetta.

Top Bottom