• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CNU Present;s: A CNU Event Newport News, VA 2/28 MELEE/BRAWL

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
sorry Rhan I can't guarantee anything...but I WILL consider it. What I was trying to say was: I don't really want to play Melee teams, but if it is with one of the old school SoVa cats that I haven't seen in...wow...almost a year, like Cow or FATS, then I WILL play Melee teams but only to team with them [mostly because of nostalgia].

I might have a scheduling issue that day, unfortunately, and I might not be able to play singles at all :( :( :(

we'll see...

Also: someone else, please bring your laptop and have TIO downloaded to it already
http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

I can show you how to work the program while I'm there...

I can also bring my recording cables and such...if you do NOT have Vista. If you do have Vista? Good luck finding an easy way to use this hardware :( Windows Movie Maker on Vista doesn't have a capture feature and the program that came with the hardware blows

obviously, this only applies to people who will be there for the whole event.

and as for recording stuff, if you're concerned about space, if you were to record at pretty high quality [**** looks AMAZING on youtube after the high quality version is available] which is what I use, and you were to record for 12 hours straight, it would only be 7.2GB...so considering that you won't be recording that long, the space consumed isn't bad...and if you wanna downgrade the quality, it's STILL really good at the next level which would consume 5GB for 12 hours of footage.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
toasty you know better than thatttt. **** anyone who isn't SS. =P.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
what about schoolie? and all those other people in our crew thing rofl.

toasty

Smash Hero
...about that...

>_>

but for real I really DON'T want to play Melee teams unless it's with those two. Mostly because I'm rusty as hell (in teams) and I don't wanna bring down anyone who could otherwise place well :)

but I WILL MM you in Melee ^_^ You can get your revenge for those pools matches that I somehow pulled outta my *** XD

rhan

Smash Hero
sorry Rhan I can't guarantee anything...but I WILL consider it. What I was trying to say was: I don't really want to play Melee teams, but if it is with one of the old school SoVa cats that I haven't seen in...wow...almost a year, like Cow or FATS, then I WILL play Melee teams but only to team with them [mostly because of nostalgia].

I might have a scheduling issue that day, unfortunately, and I might not be able to play singles at all :( :( :(

we'll see...
Nah it's all good. I understand. Haha as long as I can play you or play with you some more I won't care. :p

MaSHi said:
who is rhan's bro?
I think you seen him before. My skin tone. Blondish fro. He was at the tourney in Williamsburg long ago.

Either way be afriad of him. Ask Malco. :3

rhan

Smash Hero
He's kinda shy and I don't think he does MM's.

Plus he's only 13. How would you feel taking his money? For shame MaSHi.

c3gill

Smash Ace
So im planning on attending this wonderful event- as im supposed to come home on friday- hope to see yalls there!

planning... key word

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
if he took the mm then that's agreement that he is willing to risk money. that's gambling. so basically i would take it to show that gambling is bad.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
rhan. entering a tournament is like one big mm. =]

so you and your bro mm me.

rhan

Smash Hero
Gonna be in Hampton with my Grandma this weekend. She might take us to CNU Saturday but if not I have no way of getting out the house.

Unless someone picks me up while I'm there. :)

toasty

Smash Hero
rhan if you need to be picked up from Hampton, just let me know and be ready considerably early [I think I'm picking them up at 10]...I've got groceries to pick up ^_^

But I'm already taking Caboose, Kadaj, and Famous which means I'll only have room for you and only your bro if he's tiny XD

rhan

Smash Hero
Mashi: KP drives from Williamsburg. So Newport News is on the way to most of the tourneys that we go to. I don't want him to drive to Hampton and back up just to pick my sorry *** up. :(

Toasty: <3 Your awesome. I my grandma lives off of Aberdeen[spelling] Road. It's near the Cracker Barrel. [I wish I knew my way around Hampton :(] She's actually right around the corner from the Bass Pro shop. If that's no where near then I can try to see if she'll drop me off somewhere more on the way. And my bro is kinda close to my height. I don't want the car to be squished....But I also don't wanna leave him behind either.... ;_;

O-No: Come to CNU!

Famous: I can help you get back into shape. I can play an array of characters well. I just don't limit my self to my mains.

Kadaj: I want Melee matches. I'll give Brawl matches. (Even though I suck at Brawl) Haha

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
RHAN! Grim is also going to the tourney and he lives on campus which means, if things work out, he can take Caboose which means I'll have room for your bro too, and yeah if you can be dropped off at the Bass Pro Shop that should be fine :) It's right by the interstate so that's definitely on the way and it's a landmark not hard to find...

D0N

Smash Ace
the first post just says melee start time is 11 so i dunno if thats gonna confuse anyone looking specifically for brawl start time. Which is 11...

rhan

Smash Hero
RHAN! Grim is also going to the tourney and he lives on campus which means, if things work out, he can take Caboose which means I'll have room for your bro too, and yeah if you can be dropped off at the Bass Pro Shop that should be fine :) It's right by the interstate so that's definitely on the way and it's a landmark not hard to find...
Ah-Summmmmmmmm! Haha

Also I'm not bringing a set up. Sorry that I couldn't help out. :(

Ether

Smash Ace
lol, I need to put up away messages on my AIM, sorry.

I have to work Saturday until about 4, so I wouldn't get to CNU until maybe 5... So I won't go at all, most likely, 'cept to cheer or maybe play friendlies. ;_; Talk about epic fail.

Can't call off on Saturday, either, because I've missed so many hours from being sick with an ear infection (talk about attacking a weak spot for massive damage....c'mon, the ear?? no defense there). I'm good now, but I've gotta work.

It sucks, too, Schoolie, because I studied up on how I play as a teammate and compared it to how Azen plays as a teammate, and it would've been like you teaming up with Azen on Saturday after I made the adjustments. Oh wellz...

Top Bottom