• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CND's Project M Character and Stage Screenshot Gallery (1350+ Images) (Updated 12/2/15)

CND

Smash Cadet
Notice: For some reason, the images are not displaying properly. I don't know why that is but I'll try to fix that soon.

Hello,

Inspired by the screenshots that accompanied the reveal of characters for Super Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U, I started working on a screenshot gallery for all of the characters in Project M using the game's snapshot feature. This is an ongoing project.

All of the images have not been edited in any form, but that may be something I will explore later on. No mods besides Project M itself were involved.

If you want to use these images for something, I would greatly appreciate it if you make note of it with a comment, credit, or something.

I am continuing to update this thread (on no particular schedule), so check out the following post for the change log to see what has been added or changed otherwise.

Thank you for checking out my screenshot gallery.

Also, thanks to the PMDT for all the work they put into Project M.

(images organized by character and stage under imgur albums)
EDIT: for whatever reason, embedded imgur galleries keep breaking, so I'm just including the links here instead

Character Gallery

https://imgur.com/a/fZ2Xx

Stage Gallery
https://imgur.com/a/cAYaJ

Personal Picks
https://imgur.com/a/Xepvk

CHARACTERS

STAGES
For the time being, alt stages will be contained in the same spoiler section as its primary stage (e.g. Fourside and New Pork City share a spoiler section). This saves space and makes it slightly easier to tell which stages I still need to get screenshots for, but I might separate them at some point.

Battlefield (Brawl)

Battlefield (Melee)

Bowser's Castle

Bowser's Castle (Alt)

Brinstar

Planet Zebes

Castle Siege (Project M)

Castle Siege (Brawl)

Corneria

Sector Z

Delfino's Secret (3.6)

Delfino's Secret (3.6 Beta)

Delfino Plaza

Distant Planet (Project M)

Distant Planet (Brawl)

Dreamland (HD)

Dreamland (N64)

Fourside

New Pork City

Green Hill Zone (Project M)

Green Hill Zone (Brawl)

Hanenbow (Project M)

Hanenbow (Brawl)

Hyrule Castle (HD)

Hyrule Castle (N64)

Bridge of Eldin

Infinite Glacier

Summit

Lylat Cruise (Project)

Lylat Cruise (Brawl)

Metal Cavern (HD)

Metal Cavern (N64)

Norfair (Project M)

Norfair (Brawl)

Peach's Castle 64 (HD)

Peach's Castle 64 (N64)

Rainbow Cruise

Pokemon Stadium 2

Pokemon Stadium 1

Rumble Falls (Project M)

Rumble Falls (Brawl)

Saffron City

Saffron City (N64)

Skyworld (Project M)

Skyworld (Brawl)

Dialga

Palkia

Cresselia

Temple

Skyloft

Warioland

WarioWare (Brawl)

"AshleyWare" 3.6 Beta

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Yoshi's Story

Yoshi's Island N64

Last edited:

CND

Smash Cadet
By the way, this is my first post, so let me know if I did anything wrong in the post or if there is something I can improve. Thank you.

Last edited:

CND

Smash Cadet
Change Log

Original Post - All images from 3.02

Total Images - 193
New images from 3.5

Added images to:
Dedede - 1
Falco - 1
Ike - 2
Ivysaur - 3
Jigglypufff - 6
Kirby - 1
Peach - 4
Pit - 2
ROB - 2
Sheik - 3
Snake - 3
Wario - 3
ZSS - 3

Total Images - 227
Added images to:
Charizard - 1
Dedede - 2
Ganondorf - 4
Ike - 2
Mario - 2
Marth - 1
Meta Knight - 1
Peach - 1
Roy - 1
Snake - 1
Yoshi - 1
Added images that were in the embedded album but not in the original post (3.02 & 3.5):
Bowser - 1
Captain Falcon - 2
Diddy Kong - 2
Donkey Kong - 2
Ice Climbers - 1
Lucas - 2

Total Images - 254
Added images to:
Bowser - 2
Captain Falcon - 5
Charizard - 2
Dedede - 3
Fox - 1
Lucario - 1
Marth - 1
Meta Knight - 3
Mewtwo - 1
Pit - 2
ROB - 1
Snake - 2
Sonic - 7
Yoshi - 1

Total Images - 286
The most recent additions will now be featured in the beginning of the embedded imgur album making it quick and easier to see the latest additions. When the next set is added the previous new additions will be sorted back into order by character alphabetically at some point.

Changed the changelog dates to the correct year.

Added Images to:
Link - 2
Ice Climbers - 1
Ike - 1
Lucario - 3
Mario - 1
Marth - 1
Mewtwo - 1
Olimar - 1
Sheik - 1
Squirtle - 1
Zelda - 3

Total Images - 302
Added images to:
Bowser - 4
Captain Falcon - 1
Charizard - 1
Falco - 2
Link - 1
Lucario - 2
Luigi - 2
Mewtwo - 2
Pikachu - 3
Pit - 1
Samus - 1
Squirtle - 1
Wario - 2

Total Images - 325
Added Images to:
Captain Falcon - 3
Donkey Kong - 2
Ice Climbers - 1
Ivysaur - 5
Kirby - 2
Link - 3
Meta Knight - 3
Mewtwo - 1
Ness - 3
Peach - 1
Sheik - 1
Squirtle - 1
Wario - 1
Wolf - 3
Zelda - 1
ZSS - 1

Total Images - 357
Added Images To:
Captain Falcon - 2
Charizard - 1
Fox - 2
Lucas - 5
Luigi - 5
Mr. Game and Watch - 4
Ness - 1
Peach - 10
Roy - 3
Samus - 2
Sheik - 3
Zelda - 5

Total Images - 400

Other:
In the embedded gallery, the 1/23/15 and 1/28/15 images have been organized into the rest of the gallery by character alphabetically. The embedded gallery starts with the 3/14/15 update, continues into the 2/16/15 images, then images appear by character alphabetically.
Added Images To:
Mewtwo - 1

Subtracted Images From:
Lucario - 1

Total Images - 400

Other:
Reorganized the screenshots within the thread under each character section to improve the presentation of the images. Screenshots from the most recent update (in this case from 3/14/15) will continue to be located at the bottom of every section. With the subsequent update, the images from the preceding update will probably be rearranged for presentation purposes.
Other:
Reorganized the screenshots for the characters that were skipped over in the presentation overhaul (Ganondorf and Ike). Also revised Dedede layout,
Subtracted Images From:
Bowser - 1
Charizard - 1

Total Images - 398

Other:
Reorganized the layout for Bowser, Captain Falcon Charizard, Ganondorf, Ivysaur, Toon Link, Wario, and ZSS
Added Images To:
Bowser - 2
Dedede - 1
Ice Climbers - 2
Kirby - 3
Lucario - 2
Luigi - 2
Mewtwo - 5
Olimar - 3
Pikachu - 1
Pit - 2
Sheik - 1
Squirtle - 1
Wario - 1
ZSS - 9

Subtracted Images From:
Captain Falcon - 1

Total Images - 432

Other:
In the embedded imgur album, the images from 2/16/15 have been incorporated into the gallery by character following the images from the 3/14/15 update and the 4/6/15 update.
Other:
Rearranged the images for Ivysaur and Peach.

Also, recounted and determined there are 435 images, not 432. If I determine where the other three are missing in the changelog, I will adjust it at that time.

Total Images - 435
Added Images To:
Charizard - 6
Dedede - 1
Fox - 3
Ike - 2
Ivysaur - 1
Kirby - 6
Link - 1
Lucario - 1
Luigi - 1
Mario - 1
Marth - 7
Meta Knight - 3
Mewtwo - 3
Olimar - 1
Peach - 2
Pit - 1
Snake - 2
Sonic - 1
Toon Link - 8
Yoshi - 2

Total Images - 488
Added images to:
Bowser - 1
Ivysaur - 1

Moved images from/to:
from Fox to Falco - 1

I decided to include these two images, but I did not want to include them in the next update because I want it to be exclusively images from 3.6 Beta. Consequently, this update is an add-on to the previous update.
Added Images To:
Bowser - 14
Charizard - 3
Diddy Kong - 6
Donkey Kong - 3
Falco - 1
Fox - 3
Ganondorf - 3
Ivysaur - 2
Jigglypuff - 2
Lucario - 7
Lucas - 7
Luigi - 4
Mario - 4
Marth - 2
Meta Knight - 7
Mewtwo - 10
Olimar - 3
Peach - 3
Pikachu - 4
Pit - 3
ROB - 6
Samus - 17
Sheik - 1
Snake - 3
Squirtle - 1
Toon Link - 1
Wario - 3
Yoshi - 8
ZSS - 9

Images Added - 140
Total Images - 630
Added Images To:
Falco - 1
Ike - 1
Link - 1
Lucario - 1
Mario - 1
Meta Knight - 2
ROB - 1
Roy - 1
Snake - 1
Sonic - 1
Wario - 2
Total Character Images - 643

The character screenshots from this update are primarily images from 3.6b and previous versions that I previously chose not include, but I changed my opinion on them and I am including them in this small update. The next update will feature 3.6 content.

Introducing Stage Screenshots!
Added Images To:
Bowser's Castle - 6 (1 reused)
Castle Siege - 7 (5 reused)
Delfino's Secret - 11 (1 reused)
Final Destination - 3 (2 reused)
Hyrule's Castle - 7
Lylat Cruise - 2
Metal Cavern - 5
Pokemon Stadium 2 - 5
Saffron City - 13 (3 reused)
WarioWare - 6 (2 reused)
Total Stage Images - 65 (14 reused)

Total Images* - 694

*This number represents the number of unique images (character screenshots repeated in the stage subsections will not count towards this total)
In Character Imgur Gallery, organized screenshots from 6/30 with the rest of the screenshots from previous updates by character.

Added Character Screenshots To:
Bowser - 3
Fox - 4
Ice Climbers - 3
Link - 1
Mario - 1
Mewtwo - 1
Wario - 1

Total Character Images - 657

Added Stage Screenshots To:
Battlefield - 33
Bowser's Castle - 3
Castle Siege - 1
Delfino's Secret - 2
Distant Planet - 8 (1 Reused)
Dreamland - 7
Final Destination - 13
Fountain Of Dreams - 8 (1 Reused)
Green Hill Zone - 7
Hanenbow - 5
Hyrule Castle - 2
Infinite Glacier - 11 (2 Reused)
Norfair - 6
Peach's Castle - 12
Saffron City - 7
Skyworld - 3
Smashville - 15
WarioLand - 12 (1 Reused)
Yoshi's Island - 15 (2 Reused)
Yoshi's Story - 7

Total Stage Images - 242 (21 reused)

Total Images- 878
Link - 1
Lucario - 1
Mewtwo - 2

Total Character Images - 661

Fourside / New Pork City - (10+13) - 23 (2 reused)
Final Destination - 1
Kongo Jungle - 6
Metal Cavern 64 - 7
Onett - 12
Port Town Aero Dive - 14
Shadow Moses Island - 6
Training Stage - 7

Total Stage Images - 318 (23 reused)

Total Images - 661 + 318 - 23 = 956
Made notes in the stage spoiler sections to indicate where the main, alt, and possibly 2nd alt begin.

Note: This update includes numerous character screenshots that originally decided against including but I decided to include now (hence why there are screenshots of Mr. L on Dracula's Castle and screenshots similar to ones previously posted).

Donkey Kong - 4
Ice Climbers - 1
Ike - 1
Ivysaur - 3
Luigi - 2
Mario - 3
Meta Knight - 2
Mewtwo - 9
Mr. Game & Watch - 7
Pikachu - 2
Pit - 1
Snake - 1
Sonic - 4
Squirtle - 5
Zelda - 5

Total Character Images - 708

Big Blue - 9
Delfino's Secret / Delfino Plaza - (0+17) - 17
Flat Zone 2 - 7
Frigate Orpheon - 4
Halberd - 18
Hanenbow (Project M) / Hanenbow (Brawl) - (1+2) - 3
Hyrule Castle (HD) / Hyrule Castle (N64) / Bridge of Eldin - (0+5+19) - 24
Infinite Glacier / Summit - (0+7) - 7
Jungle Japes - 6
Lylat Cruise - 4
Peach's Castle (HD) / Peach's Castle (N64) / Rainbow Cruise - [0+2+12 (3 reused)] - 14 (3 reused)
Pictochat - 13 (2 reused)
Pokemon Stadium 2 - 7
Rumble Falls (Project M) / Rumble Falls (Brawl) - (9+4) - 13
Skyworld (Project M) / Skyworld (Brawl) - (1+2) - 3
Smashville - 1
Yoshi's Story / Yoshi's Island N64 - (0+3) - 3

Total Stage Images - 464 (28 reused)

Total Images - 708 + 464 - 28 = 1144
Organized screenshots for Bowser, Donkey Kong, Fox, Ganondorf, Ike, Link. and Lucas. Hopefully, all screenshots will be better organized in preparation of a significant update. Screenshots from the most recent update will not be organized until the next update.
Removed Screenshots From:
Bowser - 1
Mario - 1
Link - 1
Total Character Images - 705

Stage Screenshots:
Rainbow Cruise - (1 is no longer reused)

Total Stage Screenshots - 464 (27 reused)

Total Images - 705+464-27 = 1142

Organized More Screenshots
*Update In Progress*
Falco - 1
Fox - 3
Luigi - 1
Mewtwo - 3

Total Character Images - 713

Brinstar / Planet Zebes - (12+7) - 19
Castle Siege (Project M) / Castle Siege (Brawl) - (2+9) - 11
Corneria / Sector Z - (10+3) - 13
Distant Planet (Project M) / Distant Planet (Brawl) - (0+13) - 13
Green Hill Zone (Project M) / Green Hill Zone (Brawl) - (0+20) - 20
Luigi's Mansion - 18
Lylat Cruise (Project M) / Lylat Cruise (Brawl) - (0+14) - 14
Norfair (Project M) / Norfair (Brawl (0+9) - 9
Pirate Ship - 14
Pokemon Stadium 2 / Pokemon Stadium 1 - (0+15)
Spear Pillar - (11+8+6) - 25
Temple / Skyloft - (4+13) - 17
Warioland / WarioWare (0+16) - 16
Yoshi's Island (Brawl) / Yoshi's Island (Melee) - (0+4) - 4 208

Total Stage Images - 672 (27 reused)

Total Images - 1358
Some minor maintenance:
Removed the following that previously followed the intro:
NOTE: Just by the way, I consider the grids (not the case on mobile devices) in the spoiler sections the definitive presentation of these screenshots, but the embedded gallery is included for the quickest and easiest way to see the screenshots from the two most recent updates. The spoiler sections still indicate the most recent changes as the most recent images are at the bottom of each section until they are incorporated into the grids with the following update.
NOTE 2: Due to the recent Smashboards update, the screenshots do not appear in a grid anymore. This thread and the imgur galleries are in need of organizational updates that I intend to work on soon.
NOTE 3: NEW ADDITION: I included a personal picks embedded gallery to highlight a more selective number and to offer a quick taste of the gallery

Last edited:

TPOB

Smash Rookie
I found you heheh
Thanks for the profile picture!
*Bump* because more people should see this~

CND

Smash Cadet
This screenshot gallery has over 250 images at this point and I intend to continue adding images, but I was wondering if there are ways I can improve this gallery.

If anyone has any tips to produce the best quality screenshots, I would greatly appreciate if you could share such knowledge.
Currently, I just use a .bin converter that I downloaded from the internet that was designed for Brawl and I have just been using the jpegs that it produces. I keep the .bin files in case there is a better system.

I was wondering if it is better to set the game to 4:3 rather than widescreen which is how I have it set at the moment.
Also, I was wondering if running the game on Dolphin emulator would offer any advantages rather than just on the Wii. I currently do not have the means to run Dolphin, but I would be interested in knowing if it has superior screenshot capabilities.

Also, when I add images, I just add them in the embedded album and under each characters spoiler sections and mention the additions in the changelog. Would it be better if I highlighted new images in some way, so the additions are more apparent?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Keman

Smash Apprentice
ok this is a pretty nice use to a mostly unused function of PM. Needs more JSRF Sonic thoe and maybe more of the other unique costumes that some of the characters have.

CND

Smash Cadet
ok this is a pretty nice use to a mostly unused function of PM. Needs more JSRF Sonic thoe and maybe more of the other unique costumes that some of the characters have.
Thanks for commenting. Conveniently, I just added a good number of screenshots of a few characters' alternate costumes including Sonic. I still need to get screenshots for quite a few alternate costumes.

Real nice stuff
Thank you. I greatly appreciate the comment.

Last edited:

CND

Smash Cadet
I feel like with over 600 screenshots of characters, I feel that I have put together a decent collection of screenshots that represent the entire roster and many of their alternate costumes and such. I will continue to add screenshots especially as the PMDT continues to add additional costume and animations, but I am going to start to try to cover the stages as well. So with the latest update to this thread, I have included stage screen shots that have their own gallery and spoiler sections like the character screenshots.

Prompted by the release of 3.6, I wanted to post images from 3.6 beta to allow the next update to add images only from the full 3.6 especially since Delfino's Secret and WarioWare (both stages I had already started to get images for) each received notable aesthetic updates. I had hoped to have far more stages represented for the first update including stages, but this provides an opportunity to get some feedback moving forward with this thread. I would appreciate hearing some general feedback and opinions on:
  • Would you be interested in seeing more screenshots of stages?
  • Should I make a separate thread for screenshots of stages?
  • Should I try to reduce the number of screenshots?
Thanks in advance and thanks again for checking out this screenshot gallery.

Edit: I thought I should mention that I am including some screenshots that are seen in the character sections in the stage screenshots if I feel that the stage has a major presence in that image. I don't mean to double dip some of the images and these repeated images do not count towards the total number of screenshots.

Last edited:

CND

Smash Cadet
For the time being at least, I will be including both character and stage screenshots in this thread and I will continue to add to both. With the most recent update to this thread, I added screenshots for over a dozen more stages and about 175 stage screenshots throughout.

With the stage screenshots, I have been including more weird, abstract images that I might consider making a separate section is case viewers do not want to see such among screenshots that are supposed to be representing the stage, but I am not favoring doing such at the moment.

Last edited:

CND

Smash Cadet
I originally expected to write this post acknowledging the goals I met for these screenshots and how I would look forward to the PMDT releasing new content that would consequently further the finishing line for this thread, but with the disturbingly sudden cessation of Project M’s development, this post is going to take a different tone than I expected.

So, it’s been one year ago today that I started this thread. What originally started with a little over a hundred screenshots with a couple per character is now has over 1000 screenshots with multiple screenshots for all 41 characters, screenshots for every alt (although not every recolor), and screenshots of all 69 stages, and some that show the variation and progress between the builds available throughout the year (3.0, 3.5, 3.6 beta, and 3.6).

I do not really know why I did this. It seems like this effort might have been better placed towards other photography projects. I guess I just kept putting goals in front of me for some reason or another. Maybe I felt as long as I kept taking screenshots, I would simultaneously be practicing my photography skills and I could justify continuing to play Project M. Maybe I just really like this game and I just wanted to do a little something to document this incredible endeavor from the part of the Project M Development Team (and too be fair some credit is owed to the Brawl developers as well).

Although I am disappointed that I will not be able to include official releases of the teased alt or any other new content for that matter, just because the development has ended does not mean anything else associated with the game should end. This thread still has its weak point and consequently I will continue to add screenshots to work towards developing this documentation of Project M, and I hope people keep playing Project M and continue to support it.

Thank you for checking out these screenshots and thank you PMDT for Project M.

Top Bottom