• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud's nair without losing aerial momentum?

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, i've noticed top players, specially MK Leo, have a full control of his nairs, even comboing each other or granting upair follow ups, mostly because he maintains all his aerial momentum perfectly. My question is, which is the optimal and easiest way to do that? Since if you press the attack buttom in midair, you must leave the analog stick on a neutral postion, and while doing that, you lose aerial momentum (not that much, but does, and that makes a difference). A solution that i can see for that is setting the C stick to attack button, because that allows you to use nair on the C stick, while at same time holding left/right on analog stick, allowing you keep all your aerial momentum. However to perform that, the stick must be tapped in between corners of the octagon, which i'm personally finding a lot of trouble because it needs quite a lot of precision, and usually making me messing up with an up air/fair/bair instead. Aside from that (which requires a lot of practice to have consistency), i wonder if there is another way to perform nair, but keeping holding the analog stick.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Setting the C-stick to attack is actually the easiest and most optimal way to performs nairs (and any other aerial) without losing aerial momentum and you don't need to go between corners; any diagonal corner on the C-stick will give you a nair.

The alternative would be to let go of your control stick, then press attack, then hold a direction on the control stick again, but that in itself ruins your momentum from before you pressed the attack button, even at its most optimal.

All you need to do is practice to make sure you consistently nair every time you want to nair.

Last edited:

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
Setting the C-stick to attack is actually the easiest and most optimal way to performs nairs (and any other aerial) without losing aerial momentum and you don't need to go between corners; any diagonal corner on the C-stick will give you a nair.

The alternative would be to let go of your control stick, then press attack, then hold a direction on the control stick again, but that in itself ruins your momentum from before you pressed the attack button, even at its most optimal.

All you need to do is practice to make sure you consistently nair every time you want to nair.

So it seems that is the only way then.

Top Bottom