• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud's foxtrot

Kaito212

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hiroyuki212
3DS FC
2724-1707-5258
So I've been watching a lot of Tweek and M2k and the thing that really sticks out is that Tweek uses foxtrot alot for like turning around to punish and trying to bait attacks. But M2k never uses Cloud's foxtrot so I was wondering whether foxtrot is good in neutral or not?

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
its fantastic. m2k doesn't use the full extent of clouds movement. he will in the future as his play style evolves.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Yes it is good to use in the neutral because it gets good distance and Cloud can act out of it very quickly. I like foxtrotting while an opponent jumps in the air and hitting them with an up tilt or even when an opponent is charging at you and you foxtrot into a down tilt.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
M2k focuses more on autocancelling dairs rather than fox trotting. Why he doesn't incorporate foxtrotting is purely a preference, though he probably should.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
I used to think I liked smash 4 Marth's foxtrot and dance trot, but geez when Cloud came out I fell in love with his movement immediately because of this.

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
So I've been watching a lot of Tweek and M2k and the thing that really sticks out is that Tweek uses foxtrot alot for like turning around to punish and trying to bait attacks. But M2k never uses Cloud's foxtrot so I was wondering whether foxtrot is good in neutral or not?
Does Tweek use Bidou controls though? IF so, it literally just part of playing then.

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
bidou doesn't help clouds foxtrot. totally un-needed. no need to cancel, so no need for bidou.

tweek v m2k is just different play-styles.

m2k likes to space very intentionally, and apply explicit pressure

tweek likes to dance a bit more and tease flubs etc

you can use whatever balance of these skills you like. do whatever is effective in the moment / you're able to pull off

Miley

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to fox trot correctly? Sometimes I get the fox trot and other times I get him sliding instead

8383d3 90 90 10 hundred

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to fox trot correctly? Sometimes I get the fox trot and other times I get him sliding instead
yeah what you wanna do is just tap tap tap.
don't hold the stick in the direction at all. just tap it to the side, and totally let it snap back to its neutral position immediately.

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
yeah what you wanna do is just tap tap tap.
don't hold the stick in the direction at all. just tap it to the side, and totally let it snap back to its neutral position immediately.
Its mostly a rhythmic feel. Go in a game with like lucina or marth and do it. I think they are the easiest.

Kaito212

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hiroyuki212
3DS FC
2724-1707-5258
Not related to Cloud foxtroting but when I watch clouds trying to get back to the stage they just repeatedly get hit which causes them to use their limit. My question is why they don't just throw out a limit cross slash or blade beam when recovering because they're going to lose limit from getting hit and having to use upb anyways

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
UP B limit breaked is more safe because it automatically snaps to edge. Normal UP B does not.

Chief Hotsuin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blue-Rob
3DS FC
3411-3937-1436
Not related to Cloud foxtroting but when I watch clouds trying to get back to the stage they just repeatedly get hit which causes them to use their limit. My question is why they don't just throw out a limit cross slash or blade beam when recovering because they're going to lose limit from getting hit and having to use upb anyways
Because Cloud mains are greedy people that steal candy from babies when not camping with the Limit

Honestly, this limit usage throws off so many people (although LBB is better because shieldstun, multi-hit, and can still move). lf they're just sitting in front of you, there generally isn't any reason not to do it, imo, unless you know they can't/won't edgeguard you for whatever reason. lf they're above you or something else wonky, then that obviously doesn't work and you might as well just go for a nair or something so they gtfo before you recover.

Back to foxtrotting (which l've found to be a good way to get some dumb dash attacks/grabs), l find it hard to decide whether to do that or charge limit. Any general idea when either/or would be better ir do l just guess and check?

Last edited:
Top Bottom