• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud's BnB Combos

Firox

Smash Master
Hey Guys, I'm still a little new to Cloud so I wanted to see if we could get a list of his standard, true, bread and butter combos.

So far, the only real combo I know of is up tilt->up tilt-> Uair/Nair at low to mid percent.

I like dtilt->up air but it's definitely escapeable and would be more of a 50/50.

If anyone knows any other true combos or followups, please post them along with their effective percents if possible. Thanks!

Firox

Smash Master
Whoops, didn't see that there's already a combo thread. Still, if anyone would like to post combos, it would be most appreciated.

Batzanova McMackin

Smash Rookie
D throw>Cross Slash seems to work consistently at low percents, so if you throw in a couple pummels, you get a free 0-to-35ish% out of it. I believe it works up to around 15% with middleweight characters. You just have to remember d throw places the opponent behind you, so throw out your CS in a reverse direction.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
D throw>Cross Slash seems to work consistently at low percents, so if you throw in a couple pummels, you get a free 0-to-35ish% out of it. I believe it works up to around 15% with middleweight characters. You just have to remember d throw places the opponent behind you, so throw out your CS in a reverse direction.
Just a head up this is very easy to escape, this is only something you should go for if the opponent is big bodied and or likes to panic nair to get out of combos that aren't true.

Some reliable combos to do:

Jab combo-> Dash attack (Works if they don't tech)
Bair->Cross slash (True combo)
Fair->Clim Hazard/Cross Slash/Down Smash (True combo if close with fair)
Fair->D tilt-> Up air or up-tilt (D-tilt is true, but after that you need to see how they react, uptilt will catch them if they aerial attack, upair catches if they jump)
Fair/Bair -> Dash attack (Reliable at early->mid %'s)
Fair (Stage Spike) -> Fair/Upsmash (True Combo)
Short Hop falling Up-air on tall characters -> Full jump dair (True combo & spikes off edge)
Back throw off edge -> Suicide Climhazard (Works a lot more than it should)
Back throw-> dash attack if they don't tech, or run up down smash if they tech in.
Sour spot full hop dair -> Full jump Nair -> Second jump Up-air (Is true at certain percents versus some characters)
Nair (Intercepting jump) -> uptilt -> up tilt -> uptilt/up air. If they jump, follow them and catch them with another up-tilt or d-tilt to continue juggle.
Nair->2 jab lock on missed tech->Cross slash
Back air -> Off stage Limit cross slash (Not true but catches people waaaay more than it should)

Batzanova McMackin

Smash Rookie
Just a head up this is very easy to escape, this is only something you should go for if the opponent is big bodied and or likes to panic nair to get out of combos that aren't true.

Some reliable combos to do:

Jab combo-> Dash attack (Works if they don't tech)
Bair->Cross slash (True combo)
Fair->Clim Hazard/Cross Slash/Down Smash (True combo if close with fair)
Fair->D tilt-> Up air or up-tilt (D-tilt is true, but after that you need to see how they react, uptilt will catch them if they aerial attack, upair catches if they jump)
Fair/Bair -> Dash attack (Reliable at early->mid %'s)
Fair (Stage Spike) -> Fair/Upsmash (True Combo)
Short Hop falling Up-air on tall characters -> Full jump dair (True combo & spikes off edge)
Back throw off edge -> Suicide Climhazard (Works a lot more than it should)
Back throw-> dash attack if they don't tech, or run up down smash if they tech in.
Sour spot full hop dair -> Full jump Nair -> Second jump Up-air (Is true at certain percents versus some characters)
Nair (Intercepting jump) -> uptilt -> up tilt -> uptilt/up air. If they jump, follow them and catch them with another up-tilt or d-tilt to continue juggle.
Nair->2 jab lock on missed tech->Cross slash
Back air -> Off stage Limit cross slash (Not true but catches people waaaay more than it should)
Yeah I just really started playing Cloud, I'm a Roy/Marth main tbh. I noticed you can d tilt>SH u air>Climhazzard at low percents, but that's kinda just labbing it out, I'm sure it's escapable if you DI or double jump out.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
With cloud he only has a few true combos, most of his "combo" game is predicting how the opponent is going to react and having a followup for it. He is really really good at juggling, this is something IMO you should practice a lot with cloud. I've taken full stocks from players who get flustered and predictable trying to land. Uptilt, Upairs following them (Lingering hitbox) and d-tilt low profiles you to avoid falling aerials and pops them back up to continue the fun :D

I made a funny video of juggling my friend when he was trying out a new character, that he has since never played again (Cloud is my main, my friend is about my skill level, but was out of his comfort zone.)

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
With cloud he only has a few true combos, most of his "combo" game is predicting how the opponent is going to react and having a followup for it. He is really really good at juggling, this is something IMO you should practice a lot with cloud. I've taken full stocks from players who get flustered and predictable trying to land. Uptilt, Upairs following them (Lingering hitbox) and d-tilt low profiles you to avoid falling aerials and pops them back up to continue the fun :D

I made a funny video of juggling my friend when he was trying out a new character, that he has since never played again (Cloud is my main, my friend is about my skill level, but was out of his comfort zone.)
While I find your video hilariously edited, I can only imagine the salt your friend must have experienced watching it. If I were him, I would have trained with Wario until I was good enough to kill you with a waft to the head just so I could make a video about it. The lulz would be epic.

Top Bottom