• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud vs lucas

JojoSmash

Smash Rookie
I seem to have a lot of problems with this match up as I try to space out my opponents with clouds sword but Lucas projectiles out spaces me with his PK fire which also pushes him back making it safe when he uses it in the air. Also he uses his z-air to approach and I can't do anything as if it hits me he can follow up with jab but it I block it seems to have no landing lag letting him grab me.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Lucas is my main, with Cloud being a close secondary, so i know both characters very well.

When Lucas players use the zair into jab, blocking is your best bet and then going for your jab, because Cloud's is fairly fast as well. Use Cloud's neutral b for pressure but use this rarely because if used often, Lucas can easily use his down b to absorb it.

A lot of Lucas players tend to use short hop nair. To counter this with Cloud, use your own short hop nair. This move for cloud is fast and the hitbox hits a good distance away from him. Lucas's nair's hitbox is very close to him so you will be able to get him away from you.

If Lucas is spacing away from you with pk fire and zair, try to dash to him and power shield when needed. Cloud's dash is fast enough to get in quickly. Power shielding Lucas's pk fire and zair may be hard at first but with time and practice you'll be able to react fast.

Last thing is that Lucas players almost but not always need a grab to guarantee a kill. To not get grabbed try to roll and spot dodge more, but of course don't get too comfortable with this habit because you can of course get punished. There is low lag on Lucas's missed grabs so you'll want to quickly dash in and grab or go for a dash attack or limit charged attack at high enough percents for the kill. However if he is too far away, i would not go for the punish because you may miss and then Lucas can capitalize on that.

Hope this helped and if you have any other questions on the matchup feel free to ask.

JojoSmash

Smash Rookie
[QUOTE="Octagon, post: 21142768, member: 278348"

Hope this helped and if you have any other questions on the matchup feel free to ask.[/QUOTE]

I also have a very hard time trying to edge guard lucas because of his tether grab on top of his up going such a long distance compared to ness. I never feel safe going down to hit lucas up b because of clouds poor recovery and his tether grab is super fast that it feels impossible to react to. Any tips on how to edge guard lucas?

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428

Hope this helped and if you have any other questions on the matchup feel free to ask.
I also have a very hard time trying to edge guard lucas because of his tether grab on top of his up going such a long distance compared to ness. I never feel safe going down to hit lucas up b because of clouds poor recovery and his tether grab is super fast that it feels impossible to react to. Any tips on how to edge guard lucas?[/QUOTE]
Lucas's up b is best intercepted with a counter but since Cloud doesnt have a counter, your best bet is to jump off the stage as the Lucas is up b-ing and hit em with a nair because, like i said before, Cloud's nair makes sure his sword is a good distance away from him so you wont get hit. Lucas's tether is hard to punish but if you predict it you should throw out a dair because Lucas doesn't get invincibility on the way up from the tether but he is invincible once he is hanging directly on the ledge with his hands, giving you a slight moment to hit em with a dair.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428

I also have a very hard time trying to edge guard lucas because of his tether grab on top of his up going such a long distance compared to ness. I never feel safe going down to hit lucas up b because of clouds poor recovery and his tether grab is super fast that it feels impossible to react to. Any tips on how to edge guard lucas?[/QUOTE]
Lucas's up b is best intercepted with a counter but since Cloud doesnt have a counter, your best bet is to jump off the stage as the Lucas is up b-ing and hit em with a nair because, like i said before, Cloud's nair makes sure his sword is a good distance away from him so you wont get hit. Lucas's tether is hard to punish but if you predict it you should throw out a dair because Lucas doesn't get invincibility on the way up from the tether but he is invincible once he is hanging directly on the ledge with his hands, giving you a slight moment to hit em with a dair.

Top Bottom