• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Cloud Video Thread (Matchups/Techs/etc;)

Christobelle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Christobel
Any tournament matches, friendlies, FG matches, techs, or just cool videos that you're proud of can be posted here. I will do my best to add all contributed videos to this original post as we go.

Have fun & please share your Cloud videos!

Click Spoiler to view/expand all vidoes

Here's 1 of mine!

Cloud Up-B (Limit) Spike! (Special thanks to SackThing101 for editing this for me!)

SackThing101 Combo-Highlight Video

CrypticStorm (Cloud) vs ZSS matchup

smashPony Small Combo Showcase

Karsticles plays Cloud FG Matches

Darklink401 Tech - Walljump Up-B Ledgesnap

NinjaLink Cloud Overview - Mechanics, Tips & Tricks

NinjaLink Cloud Replays 1, 2 & 3

Conradical Cloud VS Sheik Matchup

Conradical Sheik vs Ike Matchup

Mew2King (Cloud) vs Ryo (Ike) - Friendlies Matches

Saltyman (Cloud) vs Spikefire (Yoshi) Friendlies Matches

Saltyman vs Spikefire Cloud Ditto Friendlies

Deezxnutz Cloud Ditto Matchup/InfernoOmni Week 12 Submission

Mew2King Cloud Tech- Cloud Ledgesnap

Last edited:

SackThing101

Smash Rookie
I edited it out for you, but for some reason, uploading is not working, so just use a youtube to mp4 converter and download this: https://youtu.be/UnH7EgUdS8w

As for my video, I just did quick edits with some highlighted combos I did.

CrypticStorm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cynicalyis
Cloud vs ZSS. Could it be possible that Cloud's anti-air options combined with his quick ground speed/D-Tilt/Dash Attack would make him a good counter to her?

Nyhte

Smash Cadet
Cloud vs ZSS. Could it be possible that Cloud's anti-air options combined with his quick ground speed/D-Tilt/Dash Attack would make him a good counter to her?

Cloud seems like he does well vs. her

I'd say he has a good chance vs. her, I don't know what I'd rate the percentages as though, maybe I need to see some good ZSS' vs. some good Cloud's to more accurately say, it's still pretty early for Cloud

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

Tech thing I found with Cloud.

Will help some people that hate how his up B can't ledge snap.

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
Saltyman vs Spikefire (BC)

Yoshi's eggs are definitely annoying against Cloud.. but he can get in and beat a lot of Yoshi's moves with Neutral air :)

Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - EPIC Cloud Ditto Set (16 Matches, 35 Minutes)

One of the best Cloud players I've fought in the short time he's been out.. I was playing really good in the later matches though :)

Last edited:

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
Speaking of which, M2K and Ryo had a couple of Cloud vs Ike matches:

This match up actually looks be pretty even. It's up to matter of who spaces better:

http://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming/v/30669179
Check here at 45:15.

On a sidenote also I've seen a lot Cloud beating Ryu's pretty consistently lately. He's False's stream the other day had beat pretty solid Ryu, so he might be a good counter to him.

Christobelle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Christobel
Thank you all for sharing! Finally added all of your awesome videos to the OP. *whew*

Keep 'em coming!!!

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
The king is with you.
I dream with the day he mains Sheik at this game, we would discover a lot more than the last 3 months.

Christobelle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Christobel
Could I get criticism on one of my matches?
I feel that you could definitely learn and implement Clouds OOS (out of shield) options to better punish your opponents attacks that are landing unsafely on your Shield. (ie; @ 0:15 I believe you could have landed a reversed Up-B or a turn around D-Tilt even, which could have possibly lead to even more hits).

@ 0:40 you landed a nice D-Air that popped up your opponent. You went for a hard-read F-Smash which lead to you being punished. U-Air or N-Air would have been safer.

You protected yourself with well spaced D-Airs, & N-Airs, often. Nicely done!

You were presumably nervous, throwing out a few attacks in the opposite direction of your opponent. It didn't seem as if these were baits because you followed them up with some aggression. I will say, however, your aggression is often well spaced and thoughtful.

This was a small map you were fighting on and pivot grabs/tilts & Neutral Special are great for spacing. Don't go to the air if you can stay on the ground, in general.

I never saw you charging his Limit. Do that any chance you get! Learn Cloud's hit confirms into his Limits so you can optimally punish your opponents mistakes.

Overall you did seem pretty aggressive. There's nothing wrong with that, but keep calm and confident to help with some of your mistakes. I recommend playing a little more patiently and reactive. You're very good at spacing. Maintain the neutral. Only take risks when you can afford the HIGHLY likely chance of being punished for them, ie; when you have a lead. You seem to be learning this character well. If you like him stick with him and get a good "feel" for him. Combo's/strings and reactions will come easier and easier. Nice job dude. That finish was awesome! Keep it up and keep posting!

Deezxnutz

Smash Cadet
I feel that you could definitely learn and implement Clouds OOS (out of shield) options to better punish your opponents attacks that are landing unsafely on your Shield. (ie; @ 0:15 I believe you could have landed a reversed Up-B or a turn around D-Tilt even, which could have possibly lead to even more hits).

@ 0:40 you landed a nice D-Air that popped up your opponent. You went for a hard-read F-Smash which lead to you being punished. U-Air or N-Air would have been safer.

You protected yourself with well spaced D-Airs, & N-Airs, often. Nicely done!

You were presumably nervous, throwing out a few attacks in the opposite direction of your opponent. It didn't seem as if these were baits because you followed them up with some aggression. I will say, however, your aggression is often well spaced and thoughtful.

This was a small map you were fighting on and pivot grabs/tilts & Neutral Special are great for spacing. Don't go to the air if you can stay on the ground, in general.

I never saw you charging his Limit. Do that any chance you get! Learn Cloud's hit confirms into his Limits so you can optimally punish your opponents mistakes.

Overall you did seem pretty aggressive. There's nothing wrong with that, but keep calm and confident to help with some of your mistakes. I recommend playing a little more patiently and reactive. You're very good at spacing. Maintain the neutral. Only take risks when you can afford the HIGHLY likely chance of being punished for them, ie; when you have a lead. You seem to be learning this character well. If you like him stick with him and get a good "feel" for him. Combo's/strings and reactions will come easier and easier. Nice job dude. That finish was awesome! Keep it up and keep posting!
I appreciate the words! Also yeah I do seem to take a lot of unnecessary risks and the reason for me attacking at the opposite direction was to try to catch rolls which I tend to do a lot online. I'll keep in mind to take less risks and stay more grounded!

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
Hey guys I made a Cloud combo video. Incorporated some cool stuff like perfect pivot combos. This is the first time I've spent this much time working on a montage, so feel free to check it out!

Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
Doing some testing on climhazzards ledge cancelling. It's a bit of an interesting move compared to final cutter and soaring axe kick.

You can still sweetspot the ledge with a reversed falling climhazzard, can also jump a bit away from the ledge and try to bait people into a climhazzard spike. It's not very punishable as you instantly grab the ledge and can react immediately after the move ends.. the only problem is it's not a very strong spike lol. It seems to have the same set knockback on the spike that Soaring Axe Kick has, just not quite as strong.. hitting anyone below the ledge with the spike can KO at 0% but doesn't reliably combo into itself so you need a read.

A good tactic for killing other Clouds or characters with poor recoveries though. I've caught a few people with the suicide spike when they jump off to gimp me already XD

I've also been able to cancel climhazzard very close to the stage, dragging along the wall seems to slow momentum on recoveries like this and allow you to cancel them earlier (Charizards Fly works the exact same way). Pretty much everytime I've missed the ledge sweetspot against good players I get immediately spiked..

Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
That's really just shield cancelling anyways which is a pretty universal tech..

Cloud doesn't seem to have a ton of options on his specials, the standard ones are prettty bad and easy to DI out of from my experience =/ Great neutrals, attributes (as long as you're careful with your midair jump) and Blade Beam is good for what it does and gives Cloud a unique advantage over some of the other swordfighters. It's really nice that the grounded version hits anyone hanging on the ledge or any crouching characters :p If it didn't have such a tall hitbox it wouldn't really be worth the endlag

Another thing I recently discovered, not sure if anyone else has already made a video on this, but you can use Limit Break Neutral B or Side B to block recoveries on the ledge. If you shoot neutral b at the stage it will still explode and Cross Slash stalls you with no ending lag after so you can immediately grab the ledge. The hitboxes last a really long time and seem to have so many hit frames that they block just about any recovery for a stage spike.

His Limit Breaker Side B seems to be one of the best tools he has. Lately I'm getting a ton of use out of it and find it reliably combos out of down throw for massive damage at low percents. Standard Cross Slash only seems to work on big characters at around 10-15% out of down throw.. I often go for sh ff nairs or bairs instead if I don't have limit break

He seems like an advanced character, but it's more about positioning and reads than anything.. he's actually pretty straightforward in most matches.

Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob

Oh yeah I made a Cloud Montage :p

I'm going to make a better one later.. Cloud had only been out for a short time, still some decent clips and examples of limit break KOS :)

Last edited:

Saltyman

I'm Already Dead Inside
NNID
JustAnotherNoob
They REALLY could have found some better music for the Midgar stage.. hopefully they add some later. Also if they made transformations neutral it could have been a legal stage :(

I still love playing it in friendlies, but some of the transformations are a bit too flashy and destructive lol

Last edited:

Iron Maw

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ironmaw
3DS FC
1091-8076-0883
Here is NInjaLink's amazing Cloud from the Nebulous Prime 19 tournament.

Last edited:

Christobelle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Christobel
Hey thank you all for sharing! And thank you Gunla Gunla for the Sticky.

I will do my best to add all of these wonderful videos you all have been kind enough to share ASAP to the OP. As I receive more video submissions, I will begin organizing them all, better, so that everyone can find what they're looking for.

Keep 'em coming! The more content you all share, the faster we can learn from each other & develop this awesome character!

PS Let's not get too caught up on who "discovered" what first. Lol. Give credit when credit is due, but this character IS BRAND NEW! I'm sure many things are simultaneously being "discovered." Let's focus on sharing and learning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom