• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud players, what are your personal least favorite matchups when playing him?

KavMaster

Smash Rookie
Cloud can cover a lot of matchups, but when he loses a matchup, he loses it baaaaaaaad. It seems though, that I will play against one of my worst matchups better than my best matchup sometimes. For example, I have a pretty good record against Zelda players. There's just bad matchups for me. Here are a few below, not in any particular order:

- Samus/Dark Samus

- Cloud Ditto

- Yoshi

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It’s never fun fighting a small, fast character. So it goes without the saying that I’m not too fond of the rats, or Inkling for that matter.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It’s never fun fighting a small, fast character. So it goes without the saying that I’m not too fond of the rats, or Inkling for that matter.
But cloud has disdointed hit-boxes like all of the swordies, he arguably has a better time hitting these kinds of characters than the majority of the cast in ultimate. These characters are annoying for him because they can easily edge-guard him to death, as he has an insanely flawed recovery and a flawed system to gain a good recovery.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
But cloud has disdointed hit-boxes like all of the swordies, he arguably has a better time hitting these kinds of characters than the majority of the cast in ultimate. These characters are annoying for him because they can easily edge-guard him to death, as he has an insanely flawed recovery and a flawed system to gain a good recovery.
I never said that hitting them was the problem, though, did I?

SOLDIER_Cloud

Smash Rookie
Any character with a decent projectile and incredible edgeguards. R.O.B. can reflect bladebeam,gyro is annoying, and his DAir is busted. I find it hard to get in against R.O.B.

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
A character that has a great projectile game. I was training against a LVL 9 Mii Gunner (with the look of Barret) and he was whoopin my butt, up until the end. Link can be a problem as well

Last edited:

Dizenn

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3300-0492-5929
I agree that samus/dark samus is a harder mu but I actually think cloud is good against yoshi

I think clouds absolute worst match ups are Pikachu, Pichu, and Inkling. Other bad matchups include snake, ROB and Fox

KavMaster

Smash Rookie
I agree that samus/dark samus is a harder mu but I actually think cloud is good against yoshi

I think clouds absolute worst match ups are Pikachu, Pichu, and Inkling. Other bad matchups include snake, ROB and Fox
I have much improved since this post, Yoshi free as hell LOL. Yeah, I think his worst are Pika, PT, Shulk tbh.

Dizenn

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3300-0492-5929
I feel like most characters suffer against the rats, however to me it seems like cloud especially suffers against inkling. I can't tell if its just me or the matchup, but there is no other character I'd rather play against as cloud compared to inkling.

q0001

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4997-3907-2086
Cloud can cover a lot of matchups, but when he loses a matchup, he loses it baaaaaaaad. It seems though, that I will play against one of my worst matchups better than my best matchup sometimes. For example, I have a pretty good record against Zelda players. There's just bad matchups for me. Here are a few below, not in any particular order:

- Samus/Dark Samus

- Cloud Ditto

- Yoshi
I disagree with your take on Samus, I find projectile characters like Samus and Young Link to be really fun and mentally engaging to play against, Even Snake, I personally love playing against Snake, but I think most Cloud mains would disagree.

Anyway, I cannot STAND playing against, well... higher tier swordsman characters. Roy and Shulk immediately come to mind, especially Roy. Zelda surprisingly makes my eyes roll into the back of my head, can't stand playing against her. Marth is child's play in Ultimate, lol. Such a shame, he was my secondary in both Melee and Brawl.

Top Bottom