• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud Matchup...

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I can't deal with this one at all, anything I try gets stuffed out by nair, I get juggled to death, I can never dtilt him. Such an annoying matchup

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I can't deal with this one at all, anything I try gets stuffed out by nair, I get juggled to death, I can never dtilt him. Such an annoying matchup
Diddy Kong does have many ways around Cloud though. I would suggest watching MVD or zinoto play them (I find ZeRo a bit too good to learn from) and see how they hit clouds and start combos. This MU is very possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some key MU specific thing you are missing. Also, if you shield Nair you should be able to punish him. OoS Bair/Fair or Dtilt

willyyysmash

Smash Rookie
I also have many problems in this matchup because punish game could be ridiculous and 1 mistake means you get destroyed. Dtilt is good, but it is not safe if you dont space it well, just throw a banana or go to grab (overall fThrow or bThrow to fair). Cloud also can use Uair against your side B when you retorn to the neutral, in this case, go to the ledge.
In my opinion Cloud has better neutral and control of stage, but you can gimp him with a dair or Dsmash (when he is doing the UpB).

Anyway, I want to know what do you think are the best ways to approach cloud.

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
You are going to want to grounded against Cloud all the time. I see the Cloud MU as a test of effective range, a concept I learned from Melee which basically the max distance your opponent can travel before you react. In other words, several feet close to Sonic. Cloud has a really good spacing game, so you are going to want to space yourself according, i.e. just beyond Cloud's sword range. Using this you are able to keep up the pressure on Cloud, while also being safe. Use bananas, and lots of them, because bananas well thrown travel far, further than Cloud's sword, therefore using this strategy, you must patiently wait for Cloud to make a commitment and then punish accordingly. Ledge trap Cloud. Most Clouds are afraid of the ledge, and for good reason because Cloud is super gimpable. Watch ZeRo play against any Cloud. He gimps them literally every game. And Cloud's ledge game is pretty weak as well so ledge trapping him should be a piece of cake.

ScarletShepherd24M

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ben.22
don't challenge the up-air. Just don't cause god I think it's almost too good. The annoying thing is I don't have a right to complain cause rosalina has decent up air strings as well.

Top Bottom