• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud Kirby potiental

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
If we are to assume Cloud's ability is the projectile wave...how will it benefit Kirby once inhaled? Or do you think the B move will be another move? Will Kirby get the buster sword???!! HYPE

Lets discuss Clouds moveset while I use Kirby!

PonderBot

Smash Cadet
Honestly we would need to start at seeing what the matchup is like. If it's a range problem then the power will hopefully help out if it's a projectile like the beam sword.

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
If Cloud is as fast as he seems, his range and disjoints could prove troublesome for Kirby. But y'know, hard to tell from a video.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Well, going by how Cloud is extremely similar to Ike, I think it will be either 40:60 or 45:55 without inhale. With inhale, it depends. I think both limit breaker and the projectile wave would be good. My guess is we get projectile wave, and that limit breaker is down b. The projectile wave should help, since sword characters hate projectile characters. Kirby could keep cloud away easier with it. If he has limit breaker, Kirby could probably use it after killing Cloud or when he's offstage, and get that kill. YES UP THROW ACTUALLY KILLS NOW...... with the limit.

(Even though I guess they could actually buff it)

PonderBot

Smash Cadet
Like, nobody here has even played him, we don't know what he's like.
True so in the mean time we will have to go with what we have through the video so no, we don't know if he is like Ike. Obviously what I'm about to say also holds no weight but I just wanted to ask all of you. Does it look like cloud's range is a little deceptive? I mean I don't think it's short, it just feels like it isn't as long as it looks.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I care about it's for his neutral B to be the blade beam projectile.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it be the projectile and not cross slash! Kirby needs itttttt.
Also, Cloud Kirby hairdo tho daaang

PonderBot

Smash Cadet
The only thing I care about it's for his neutral B to be the blade beam projectile.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let it be the projectile and not cross slash! Kirby needs itttttt.
It most likely will be the projectile. I mean my guess is as good as any though I am also basing it off of GimR's analysis video which seemed to have pretty good reasoning for all of the moves that were showcased in Cloud's release trailer.

TimG57867

Smash Ace

This. That disjointed sword will likely make fighting on Cloud's terms tough so if Kirby can get a projectile out of Inhaling him, that'll make things much more manageable. I feel part of what makes :4yoshi: matchup so frustrating is that Kirby gets Egg Lay and not Egg Toss for copying Yoshi when the latter would be so much better.

Top Bottom