• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Cloud Hitbox Visualization

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
But what I can't understand is... why put a break in the hitbox? All you had to do was put the first hitbox there, then delete the old or change the value on frame 18.

I will never understand this poorly coded game SERIES tbh.
Have you ever made a game before?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Maybe that frame 18 also has some **** to do with why FT has different kill percents based on if you hit with the sword and some othe rpart of cloud.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Nice work! You could've added the falling downB hitbox too :x would be interesting to see where that weird strong hitbox is.

Are the green bubbles on his dtilt partial invincibility?

Furil

Smash Apprentice
OK, random thought time, Lucas's dsmash cannot hit opponents more once it hits someone. Perhaps this command is a "remove hitbox but don't allow the next added hitbox to hit opponents too" command? Furil Furil
I guess that could be it. If you shield Lucas' down smash, then no other ones can hit you. Can you shield finishing touch? And if so, can the other hitboxes not hit you?
One reason they could have made the break is interpolation would have caused that hitbox to cover Cloud's entire body. I don't know really, just guessing. Do hitboxes that get replaced have the same interpolation? It would make sense, because Lucina's uptilt does it, and it would have a blindspot otherwise.

AyeYoDeji

Smash Rookie
NNID
AyeYoDeji
3DS FC
2337-5487-0135
is it possible to get a video version of these like some of the other boards? so that we can pause the gif on the active hit box

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
DEAR GOD those are crazy big hitboxes.
I think I made the right choice switching from Ike to Cloud.
Also, iirc, you have a whole post of links to the hitboxes fo other characters. Mind giving me the link? I need to see some old friends.

TurboLink

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4725-8278-5467
But what I can't understand is... why put a break in the hitbox? All you had to do was put the first hitbox there, then delete the old or change the value on frame 18.

I will never understand this poorly coded game SERIES tbh.
What move are you talking about?

And what happened to some or all of the gifs?

Last edited:

15percenttip

Smash Rookie
Thank thank thank you for this! I'm going to be looking at this very often. Also this explains why I always whiff dairs at the tip of my sword...

Chike

Smash Rookie
NNID
IMCHEEKS
Switch FC
SW 4091 4519 2229
All of Cloud's animations take so long, but it doesn't matter cause they have such good FAF.

Chike

Smash Rookie
NNID
IMCHEEKS
Switch FC
SW 4091 4519 2229
What is FAF?
"First Actionable Frame." It means how quickly you can interrupt or act out of a move (i.e. FAF of 30 means you can do another attack, jump, shield, etc. after 29 frames have passed; FAF of 60 means you can do those things after 59 frames have passed).

Donwiko

Smash Rookie
NNID
donwiko
Switch FC
SW-2343-2396-7225
Has anyone found the hitbox for the blade beam itself?

Chike

Smash Rookie
NNID
IMCHEEKS
Switch FC
SW 4091 4519 2229
Are you able to get Cloud's grab hitboxes on display? I feel like they're not super great.

Top Bottom