• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close and unstick please

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I can help, just give me some characters you haven't tested yet to do.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Lol, thanks for the quote Veril xD.

What was your exact button input when you Double Stuck Zelda's F-smash, and God DIed Lucas's U-smash?

Did you just hold down and tech? Or did you use any SDI?

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Can you rest gannon's side B and down B? cause that would pretty much end the match right there.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Can you rest gannon's side B and down B? cause that would pretty much end the match right there.
Ganon gets super armor with Gerudo, but I'm not certain about the rest ability of Wizard's foot. Aerial WF can't be rested though.

Veril

Frame Savant
Ganon gets super armor with Gerudo, but I'm not certain about the rest ability of Wizard's foot. Aerial WF can't be rested though.
this is wrong. His side b-grants super-armor if it hits. Rest will cause it not to hit. its stupid hard to perfect rest though. KEEP IN MIND! Super armor does not prevent rest from hitting. As it is. Nair hits through his side-b, thus I see no reason rest wouldn't (I can rest Falcon's side-b and I'm pretty sure i've got ganon's as well).

His down-b is super easy. Duck. Rest. Repeat. Its a staple of my offline anti-ganon game.

BLI7ZARD

Smash Apprentice
lol the only thing i figured out so far was that rest could be used to stop falco?fox's side b

Veril

Frame Savant
They can really only affect it at two moments, but yeah your right. If they cancel it at the beginning your screwed and vulnerable for a full F-smash....
it is much safer to counter it with a soft n-air. If they are airborne you can even followup with a footstool spike or rest.

Glick

Smash Lord
Falco in general isn't worth taking risks like that. Unless its friendlies and you are just messing around.

Competitively you should do nair them off the stage and proceed with standard gimping measures. Drill their up b. etc.

Veril, also sorry I said I didn't read your rest thread. I promise I'll find the time to read it sometime soon! Fo' sho! :D

Veril

Frame Savant
Falco in general isn't worth taking risks like that. Unless its friendlies and you are just messing around.

Competitively you should do nair them off the stage and proceed with standard gimping measures. Drill their up b. etc.

Veril, also sorry I said I didn't read your rest thread. I promise I'll find the time to read it sometime soon! Fo' sho! :D
This used to be the rest thread. I removed it to work out the klnks and its slowly getting brought back.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
You plan to add the "You need a rest" info back in here, correct?

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
You might want to include the fact that rest's KO % differs ridiculously based on differences in height. Like how the rest KO % (on Mario, at least; but I'm sure there is little to no difference in this between characters) has a difference of 11% (without DI) from one platform on Norfair to the next.

Veril

Frame Savant
You might want to include the fact that rest's KO % differs ridiculously based on differences in height. Like how the rest KO % (on Mario, at least; but I'm sure there is little to no difference in this between characters) has a difference of 11% (without DI) from one platform on Norfair to the next.
basically if you look at BF, the ratio is 1 : .82 : .67 from the floor to the top platform. Huge difference.

Yes all the rest info is going back in here.

Glick

Smash Lord
Yeah, for example. In one of my videos vs rykos snake, I up air rested him on the top of BF. Near the top platform and he died at like 32%.

If you pull off a drill rest up there, that's a reliable way to get an early kill.

Veril

Frame Savant
Yeah, for example. In one of my videos vs rykos snake, I up air rested him on the top of BF. Near the top platform and he died at like 32%.

If you pull off a drill rest up there, that's a reliable way to get an early kill.
you were above the top platform by a good deal... I thought. With DI snake won't get KOed at 32%.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
i don c nuthin

That's great though. I'm gonna read all that when I get home from school. :3

MaritLage227

Smash Apprentice
I looked through the thread and was impressed at some of the facts that are indeed true. something that might have been mentioned, but I didnt see, is that a rest from the platform of almost any stage (example: FD, BF, Smashville, etc) will kill a player at 80%, but if done in mid air, it can kill at 79% damage. I have seen people try but fail to DI and survive, so it will put all characters into the ceiling. There isnt enough time to cancel your momentum before you die.

I also think you forgot to mention that you can run of the stage with jigglypuff, and if you do f-air really quick (I'd recommend the c-stick) you can DI back ONTO the stage quickly.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I looked through the thread and was impressed at some of the facts that are indeed true. something that might have been mentioned, but I didnt see, is that a rest from the platform of almost any stage (example: FD, BF, Smashville, etc) will kill a player at 80%, but if done in mid air, it can kill at 79% damage. I have seen people try but fail to DI and survive, so it will put all characters into the ceiling. There isnt enough time to cancel your momentum before you die.

I also think you forgot to mention that you can run of the stage with jigglypuff, and if you do f-air really quick (I'd recommend the c-stick) you can DI back ONTO the stage quickly.
I believe that's called Airwalking, last time I checked.

Wow, so much new info since I became inactive.. >_> And holy crap, I don't even recognize half of you guys lol

Veril

Frame Savant

Airwalking didn't get put in yet. I know about it though.

Um, everything about rest KO% based on height is in here. Its pretty detailed and has every character but Sonic with the recommended % at any platform height on all neutrals.

fear17

Smash Apprentice
Can you all help me out a bit im going to main jigglypuff and I need some help from you all jigglypuff mains can someone help?

Veril

Frame Savant
Can you all help me out a bit im going to main jigglypuff and I need some help from you all jigglypuff mains can someone help?
Yes we can. If you've got any basic questions or want advice go to the QA thread. If you've got any technical questions I'd be more than happy to answer them here.

You might also want to put your FC in the friend finder. Get some practice with other Jiggs mains.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
You forgot RJC up smashes. These are useful for Jiggz, because it puts the sweetspot in the front of the move. er, she'll most likely hit with the back instead.

BTW if anyone doesn't know, an RJC up smash is a reverse jump-cancelled up smash. basically, you run, then pivot, then during the pivoting animation you do a jump-cancelled up smash. basically you should turn around and do an up smash, with little to no lag, while maintaining your forwards momentum. Best example is Squirtle's RJC up smash.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
RJC-usmash might be useful for not just Jiggs, but also Falcon and Ness off the top of my head.

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the info on rest.
I just started using Jiggly since melee and i knew that the brawl rest had potential i just wasn't sure how to connect easily or more effectively.
Thanks for all this :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom