• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

close and unstick please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metatitan

Smash Master
You know i think in ssb64 the guide handbook that came with it called rest double-edge. IMO that makes more sense cuz rest is an hp recovering move in the game...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Wavebouncing isn't too hard once you get used to it. It's like a pivot dash with side B. I see limited use with it, though.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
So moving back to rest...

we all know that sing>rest is basically a jigglypuff's god given right, and the two moves were designed to be used with one another, but, i think there are some cases where sing>Dsmash can work better.
Am I smoking something or do other people agree?

Also can someone make a thread describing the c-stick method to b-reverse cause I can't pull it off either.

Veril

Frame Savant
So moving back to rest...

we all know that sing>rest is basically a jigglypuff's god given right, and the two moves were designed to be used with one another, but, i think there are some cases where sing>Dsmash can work better.
Am I smoking something or do other people agree?

Also can someone make a thread describing the c-stick method to b-reverse cause I can't pull it off either.
there is a thread like that. Its called "all about wavebouncing" Look it up, it has everything in it.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
*RhedKing gives Wall smack to Veril!*
*Veril recieved a new AT!*

I was doing some work on Wall smack, and I think it will be more useful for rest instead of sing. of course the premise of Wall smack would have to change, instead of setting up a landing you would adjust your height so that the opponent would bounce into you.

AT bequeathed, that is all.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hi guys! I don't suppose you could do me a favour? Do you know you have some characters' roll/spotdodge/airdodge frames tested? Could you possibly do Zelda's? I have no means of testing her frames out and would be indebted to you guys if you could do this for me anytime soon =)

let me know

Veril

Frame Savant
Hi guys! I don't suppose you could do me a favour? Do you know you have some characters' roll/spotdodge/airdodge frames tested? Could you possibly do Zelda's? I have no means of testing her frames out and would be indebted to you guys if you could do this for me anytime soon =)

let me know
I didn't do the testing myself, most of it was done by 3GOD (I did credit him btw). I guess you can PM him or make a thread on the Zelda boards.

Yeah, frame data is great, but I have no way of getting it myself either and I doubt anyone on the Jiggs board will be testing out Zelda.

Who knows, it may already be posted somewhere. Good luck!

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Omg. I just got my first real rest kill. It wasn't even a drillrest! Granted, it was after a botched fsmash by a Bowser, but still! It wasn't against a computer or anything. I'm so happy. :D:D:D

I don't really have anything to contribute besides that. Lol.

Veril

Frame Savant
Omg. I just got my first real rest kill. It wasn't even a drillrest! Granted, it was after a botched fsmash by a Bowser, but still! It wasn't against a computer or anything. I'm so happy. :D:D:D
Good job! You've taken the first step.

I think I died a bit on the inside.
(Almost) All bowser f-smashes are botched... against me :p

I really hope the Bowser mains don't watch IASA II.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Technically...yes.
You probably won't want to be intercepting the Fortress over the ledge though. ^^

After the 5 invincibility frames at startup wear off, then he's fair game to be Rested.
Don't u guys use it as an attack now and again?

Veril

Frame Savant
We use it all the time. It's like crack to us. ^^

It's not that straightforward though. We'll use it to punish attacks OoS. We'll never use it as a head on approach.
Rest through Bowser's f-smash. After that you'll have shattered his soul and his controller will be too slick with tears to be usable.

Veril

Frame Savant
buy a router or something for like 20 bux. and on the last stock just grab combo one of them and finish with rest lol
I rest all the time in 2v2. Just use the nair sex-kick to get out of lag.

Well sychronized Jiggs teams can combo into rest multiple times per stock.

I have wifi, I just cannot get the wii to connect to my network. I've spent hours trying to get it to work out right. There's no reason for it not to work as far as I can see. I hate lag enough that I've given up.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Rest through Bowser's f-smash. After that you'll have shattered his soul and his controller will be too slick with tears to be usable.
Miss a Rest on purpose to bait Bowser's Fsmash.

When he does it, Rest him! It would be the biggest trap ever.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I rest all the time in 2v2. Just use the nair sex-kick to get out of lag.

Well sychronized Jiggs teams can combo into rest multiple times per stock.

I have wifi, I just cannot get the wii to connect to my network. I've spent hours trying to get it to work out right. There's no reason for it not to work as far as I can see. I hate lag enough that I've given up.
Try calling a technician we had problems with my ds until we got them to help us

madival

Smash Cadet
what ever happened to just waiting on the ledge for a someone to try and roll past you/run and grab you. Easiest way i manage to land rest and it works about 95% of the time. (my only safe kills are rest and roll out). In 4 way matches rest, has saved my life many times. with the right timing, you can be sent flying through the air, only to collide with someone and rest. either that or when sent flying if you rest at the right time, it will cancel all momentium.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
what ever happened to just waiting on the ledge for a someone to try and roll past you/run and grab you. Easiest way i manage to land rest and it works about 95% of the time. (my only safe kills are rest and roll out). In 4 way matches rest, has saved my life many times. with the right timing, you can be sent flying through the air, only to collide with someone and rest. either that or when sent flying if you rest at the right time, it will cancel all momentium.
By definition rest is not a safe kill and by definition, rollout sucks. And by definition, free for alls, also known as FFAs and 4 player matches are about the worst indication of skill. We are talking about tournament play, ie, 1v1 and 2v2. Its only very rare to be sent into an opponent in a 2v2 where you can rest them, but they will anticipate it most of the time and punish you.

Veril

Frame Savant
1. That's covered. I just covered about 1000x more so that rest actually gets used other than on scrubs that roll into you.

2. Rest doesn't momentum cancel in the "bucket break" sense. Its useless for this, don't do it.

Glick

Smash Lord
1. That's covered. I just covered about 1000x more so that rest actually gets used other than on scrubs that roll into you.

2. Rest doesn't momentum cancel in the "bucket break" sense. Its useless for this, don't do it.
That would be sooo cool.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
If anyone uh... feels like doing that... feel free. Even just the % without DI or momentum canceling (set the CPU to control as they CAN DI and do so at random).
...I could do that without DI, though would that really be useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom