• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Climbing the Ranks - Travis Touchdown For Switch Smash!

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
Now that I've played and finished Travis Strikes Again, I really don't get why the game got so much hate. It's not No More Heroes, but it's fairly close in spirit. And then it's a nice tribute to multiple types of video games. I'm still not 100% on board for the chips as abilities in a Smash version, but there's definitely a bunch of aerial moves that could be taken as is. The hope is still strong for this fella to make it in Smash, and hopefully we'll see No More Heroes 3 on the Switch sooner than later.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
>Suda 51 only showed up to start off the NG+Expo's start while NMH3 gameplay was shown on the back of him.
Yeah, he's in full-on teasing mode, clearly.
Considering that infamous time where he baffled the translators by going completely off-script, forcing them to translate what he was saying on the fly, I wasn't even surprised at that.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
That is so, so unbelievably funny. The dude sat in front of the screen so you couldn't see the gameplay or even what Travis looked like, if it even is Travis....

What we did see was awesome!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In case anyone missed it, here's the No More Heroes 3 footage:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...credits_shows_two_seconds_of_no_more_heroes_3

We got more No More Heroes 3 footage in the Devolver Digital Direct, so I'm assuming things are going smoothly. (I'm guessing that we'll get a Hotline Miami shirt in the game or something, or maybe Ape Out - I think Travis was playing that game in the reveal trailer)

There's a Nintendo Direct rumoured for July 20th, so hopefully we get a release date in that.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...credits_shows_two_seconds_of_no_more_heroes_3

We got more No More Heroes 3 footage in the Devolver Digital Direct, so I'm assuming things are going smoothly. (I'm guessing that we'll get a Hotline Miami shirt in the game or something, or maybe Ape Out - I think Travis was playing that game in the reveal trailer)

There's a Nintendo Direct rumoured for July 20th, so hopefully we get a release date in that.
Yeah, although with only the 4 SKUs that were seen, it's hard to tell if its chances of it showing up are great.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
If the partner directs are a thing, I hope we get more NMH3 stuff. It would brighten up this awful year a bit for me.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hopefully if they're porting the first game this means we will get a Desperate Struggle port as well.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
HotGirl69 recently humored the possibility that something will happen around the scheduled maintenance for this week, so we might see a Partner Showcase then.

The NMH port/remaster might even be the signature "one more thing".

Last edited:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Pretty much the game could've been out this year if it wasn't for the pandemic hurting their schedule but it does look like they're back on track

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A reminder that the second pass was planned during E3 2019. Assuming he was among the six chosen, this doesn't stop him from being added.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Makes Sense for them to delay the game and it's nice to hear from Suda and Grasshopper. I'd rather them spend some time making it the best it can be. I've waited ten years; what's one more?

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Take all the time you need. NMH3 is gonna be Suda's full scale return to the director's chair, no doubt he wants to make it something special - especially if Travis ends up in Smash and people hop into the game through that exposure. Also check the first letter of every paragraph for a fun easter egg.

Check out that art though; killer stuff. The new bike finally got a name, the Death Glove now has JoyCon embellishments, and the bike even has Triforce stickers on it.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's hard to stay calm...I must temper my expectations and say this doesn't mean he isn't a costume or spirit, but....if he's finally in somehow now I will lose it. I'm shaking and have to calm myself down. A ten year want, my most wanted, and his chances finally look good...

axel_

Smash Journeyman

This is BIG. Usually Suda is pretty open on when Travis isn't happening or when he simply wants him in. The fact that he's actively avoiding any comment on Smash is.. shockingly out of the norm for him.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
GoNintendo's users seem to think that Ubisoft owns Travis Touchdown 🤦🏼‍♂️
They published the first two games, at least. Ownership can be confusing at times; it's why Microsoft executives allegedly thought that they owned Donkey Kong after they bought Rare, or why people think that Platinum or Nintendo own the Bayonetta series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As far as I see, of all the Grasshopper games, Killer 7 is clearly owned by Capcom, yet that didn't stop Dan Smith from showing up in TSA.

So I figure that Suda has more leeway than most in regards to owning his specific characters, not necessarily the IPs themselves.

Last edited:

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I see Travis reveal next year after Monster Hunter if Nintendo wants to promote MHR like DQ11.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I hope we're not being set up for disappointment here. I keep thinking that with Suda's comments, Travis might be coming to Smash in some form, but who's to say it won't be a NMH3 spirit event, or a Travis Mii costume (Maaaaaybe they'd throw us Shinobu and Henry too in that case, but I wouldn't count on that.).
It could also mean a Travis amiibo for No More Heroes 3, rather than something to do with Smash.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm sorry Travis fans :( His mii costume looks cool though

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Well I guess this is it. It was a nice fight.

But look... MinMin has shown there is hope, and Suda is of a troll nature... Not trying to say more as I do not like fake hope, but who knows?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Listen, Travis was my most wanted. But I'm glad they:

1. Ripped the band aid off quickly
2. Made an incredible-looking costume

I wish he had come with some music, but other than that, it's been a long and hard ten year fight to get ANY kind of NMH content in Smash at all. And not only did we get more than a spirit, we also have A BRAND NEW NMH GAME coming soon.

Maybe it's not the perfect ending, but I think this is damn, damn good.

Top Bottom