• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Climbing the Ranks - Travis Touchdown For Switch Smash!

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've never played No More Heroes before. But, when I get the Switch I'm planning on getting Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes when it comes out. Also, add me to the supporters, please.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yes, Travis would be SO sick! He already has a huge list of potential moves and specials including throws.

Gotta wonder if the battery recharging is gonna make it in, either as a fighting gimmick to recharge his powerful attacks or as a cheeky taunt

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sign me up. The No More Heroes games are hilarious, Travis seems like he'd be a lot of fun to play as given his ridiculous super moves, and Suda 51 has wanted this for over a decade at this point. Here's hoping his persistence pays off!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It is Travis' Day in the RTC, come show your support.

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Hopefully with Suda openly wanting Travis in Smash, and his new Switch exclusive game coming soon, this'll be the time!

I also hope we get a NMH stage!

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Unfortunately, I gotta say that the chances of him making the starting roster with fewer newcomers this time around is definitely on the lower end. Heres hoping we can get a good push going for DLC with Travis Strikes Again

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
So I definitely think he won't be in the base roster when the game comes out.

BUT...

His new game is coming out supposedly around the time Ultimate will, and I know Suda51 would not hesitate to allow him into Smash, so I think he has a great chance to make it in as DLC.

And on the plus side, Travis Strikes Again is also going to be a crossover game (I know he's going to be in the world of Shovel Knight).

Anyway, put me on the list of supporters and feel free you guys to use this stock icon I made, and let's hope DLC will get our favorite assassin otaku into Ultimate!

Travis Touchdown (Very Small).png

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Travis Touchdown will be dupe in Smash Ultimate he's on my Top 10 list of characters I want to see in smash. Travis Touchdown should be in smash because most of the No More Heroes games are Nintendo exclusives like Travis Strikes Again and Suda will beg Sakurai to add his character. When I heard that Sakurai and Suda are friends Im like Sakurai add Travis in smash Suda is your friend Snake was in Brawl because Kojima wants to surprise his son, I dont see why not but it could happen if we wanted I sure do.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
TRAVIS vs Shulk! yeyeye
Both stars of amazing Wii games that didn't sell well and use energy swords as their main weapons. It makes too much sense not to happen.

Count me in as a support but I'm sad this thread only has two pages :(.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I just realized that since Shadow Moses is back, there could be new codecs. If Travis gets in, I bet he'd hijack the frequency and nerd out about anime with Otacon while Snake watches completely dumbfounded.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
If the final roster was finalized back in late 2015, then I don't think Travis is going to be in the base game, unfortunately. But his DLC chances seem better, with Travis Strikes Again releasing somewhere close to Ultimate's release date (or at least some time in 2019).

I'd love to see him make it into Smash, he'd fit in pretty well I think. His different colors could be the different jackets and clothes throughout the series (obviously gotta have the Bizarre Jelly set for his pink color).

I figure Motel NMH would be the stage, though I suppose other locations in Santa Destroy could work, too.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Next Door Dog Next Door Dog I was thinking it'd be the rooftop from the beginning of the first two games, where you fight Helter Skelter and Sketer Helter.
Ohhh, that'd be a good one too. I think I was imagining Travis' motel parking lot too. Or maybe a stage that shifts locations, since most battle stages in NMH are flat, but memorable. Motel NMH, The skyscraper roof, the beach, under the stadium, roof of Guams, etc.

Next Door Dog

Smash Apprentice
Next Door Dog Next Door Dog I was thinking it'd be the rooftop from the beginning of the first two games, where you fight Helter Skelter and Sketer Helter.
That'd definitely be cool, and would be a better Omega stage than Motel NMH (I imagine they'd have to make it taller than 2 stories at least).

Ohhh, that'd be a good one too. I think I was imagining Travis' motel parking lot too. Or maybe a stage that shifts locations, since most battle stages in NMH are flat, but memorable. Motel NMH, The skyscraper roof, the beach, under the stadium, roof of Guams, etc.
I was thinking Motel NMH itself could work like a wider version of Onett: Walk-offs on each side with neighboring buildings forming walls. There could be platforms in the form of the motel's roof and second floor, but depending on the perspective I don't see it working in that regard.

But yea, maybe it'd work better as Delfino stage. I don't think an area underneath the stadium would make it into a smash game, but it'd definitely have, uh, interesting stage hazards :laugh:

But then again there's the possibility the stage would be from Travis Strikes Again. Too early to say what a defining location from that game could be, but the neon city streets from that PAX demo would be more than okay with me.

And no matter what NMH songs they add, they gotta have a killer7 track or two

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I want a grappler in the game. Sword is cool too, but man I'd love some grappling.
I'm sure Travis would have to have his beam Katana, but Travis' wrestling is his second most notable fighting skill, and I think there's a quote from Suda himself that he'd like travis to have a focus on the wrestling in Smash, because there are so many sword users iirc. I could easily see Travis filling the fighting game role of a grappler fighter. That said, would that playstyle lend itself well to the gameplay of Smash, since its' so radically different from most typical fighting games?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
When we get the full roster, and if Travis isn't on it, we gotta push Suda 51 and Sakurai to put him in as DLC.

And we gotta make sure his new game sells well. Just push and push until it comes true.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Yup, I kinda doubt that he's base game material at this point, with very few newcomers supposedly making the base roster I think he's a long shot, but by making the hype around his release and the new game then he becomes a significant chance at DLC.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I want Travis Touchdown in smash bros sense Takamaru a assist trophy ins't far but whatever.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Travis Touchdown hasn't really been on the forefront of my mind as far as forming character wishlists, but I heavily enjoyed both NMH 1 and 2 and Travis himself is such an entertaining character. While he's not quite as high on my list as other third-party dream characters would be, like Amaterasu for example, I would be doing backflips through the streets if Travis was lucky enough to score. I do support.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
So, here's an odd thought I just had: Given how part of the plot of NMH 1 was Travis climbing the ranks of the UAA to score some *ahem* companionship with his fight organizer, and how Travis isn't above shlubbing on other girls even with that goal in mind (granted, would it really be fair to say Travis and Sylvia were dating in either NHM game?), assuming Travis would be just as lecherous to the poor gals in Smash, which lucky ladies would kick his face in, and which ones might find him cutely endearing/handsome/pathetic?

*EDIT* As an aside, given how this thread often gets little interaction, I was thinking of spicing this thread up with a speculative moveset for the Assassin from yours truly. I've been watching a NMH LP to get inspiration. My hang up currently is Travis' throws. They obviously should be wrestling slams, but which ones is the question. Should they just be which ones I think look coolest, the ones learned from certain fights? Any from the video tapes? Are there any story relevant enough that one should go "well THAT one should definitely be there.". Also, do you think animations might be an issue? Would it look weird for Travis to try and slam down someone half his size or smaller with a move meant for people of his own proportions or taller?

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Snake puts characters like Bowser and DK in chokeholds, I think Travis piledriving them won't be an issue.

I'd go with throws that look like the character is tossed that way. I know most just slam them into the ground, but I think there are some that would look like a character bounces up or gets tossed behind him.

As for the girl's reactions, I'd feel all of them would kick his face in. Except Peach. I think she'd be more concerned/confused by his antics.

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Imagine Support conversations between Travis and the girls of Fire Emblem. I mean it wouldn't be the first time characters in FE could fall in love with a psychotic murderer, despite all evidence of their personality implying that would never happen. Then again it could be argued Fire Emblem teaches that its' okay to kill people if they're ugly so.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Just had a crazy idea. Since Travis is an otaku he'd definitely would be the type to be into Fire Emblem. So what if for his default outfit, instead of his classic Bizarre Jelly shirt he'd wear a FE shirt with some of their most popular waifus on it?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hello, add me to the support list! I think Travis is a possibility that not many people are realizing and I think it would be great to have a character like Travis in. But I do admit, this video is what really got me thinking about him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeAEF69V7lk

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Hello, add me to the support list! I think Travis is a possibility that not many people are realizing and I think it would be great to have a character like Travis in. But I do admit, this video is what really got me thinking about him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeAEF69V7lk
I mean, if Snake can be added in as a favor to a friend, Travis could genuinely have a real chance to go down that same path. Suda-51's quotes about approaching Sakurai feel so adamant that I can already imagine how animated that conversation must've been. Sakurai might have a hard time not giving in. Speculators are sleeping on Travis.

I've never played the series but from what I've heard of Travis' character (especially the bit two posts up about being an otaku?!), I'm very interested in the idea of him being in Smash. I have a friend IRL who really wants him in too so seeing his hype would be priceless.

I'll declare myself a supporter as well!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
When it comes to my history with Travis, it is rather strange. I have never played his games, but I have known about him for years do to my obseration of the Video Game top 10 community, where I learned alot about the series bosses and how great(Lets just say Ruby Rose was not the first women to wield scythe sniper rifles) and bad(Giant balloon float) can be. With the series getting a Switch exclusive sequel, showing more Nintendo loyalty, and Suda's insistence and dedication for him to be in the game(Fun fact, SUDA51 is in the special thanks of the Brawl credits), I see him eventually getting in the game. Eventually. I have a hard time seeing him base game, due to the fact that the interview was Feb 2017, long after the base roster was finalized. For example, Kojima requested Snake all the way back in Melee's development, but they were too far in at the time. Same problem here. There is a silver lining though. When there is DLC(Yes, when), I imagine Travis will be one of the bigger contenders for DLC pick.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
So something cool I saw today, Travis will have shirts based on other indie properties he'll be able to wear in Travis Strikes Again, even if they don't show up as one of the levels (at least, I don't think Morphies Law is anywhere in the game right now).

Which got me thinking, how cool would it be if he got into Ultimate as as a cross promotion, he got gear based on Smash? Here's hoping he gets a shirt that says, "I was a fighter in Smash Bros, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt."

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So something cool I saw today, Travis will have shirts based on other indie properties he'll be able to wear in Travis Strikes Again, even if they don't show up as one of the levels (at least, I don't think Morphies Law is anywhere in the game right now).

Which got me thinking, how cool would it be if he got into Ultimate as as a cross promotion, he got gear based on Smash? Here's hoping he gets a shirt that says, "I was a fighter in Smash Bros, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt."
That would be cool. What shirt references does he have as of now?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I only know of the Morphies Law (they announced it recently), but I'm certain there will be more. It's crazy the amount of gear they gave Travis in the last two games, I'm certain more indies will be represented in this fashion.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I only know of the Morphies Law (they announced it recently), but I'm certain there will be more. It's crazy the amount of gear they gave Travis in the last two games, I'm certain more indies will be represented in this fashion.
I hope Shantae gets represented in someway. She is pretty much the secound indie icon right under Shovel Knight, so I am actually kinda expecting it.

Top Bottom