- Feb 7, 2007
Art by SHeLL
On Sept. 4th through 6th, The Cape will be passing through Cleveland so we're going to get a Brawl+ / Melee fest together for that Saturday (possibly spilling over to Sunday if there's interest).
LOCATION: We'll be taking over the Fribley Fireside Lounge and the adjacent room (211). This should be sufficient space for up to 50 people, and should fit 10-12 setups nicely.
2315 Murray Hill Road.
Cleveland, OH 4416
PARKING & HOUSING:
Housing: Campus Housing has 11 extra rooms for guys available and 5-6 extra rooms for girls available. The cost for renting a room and security card is $31 per night for a double and $33.50 per night for a single. Reservations can be made HERE. There are other hotels on or around campus, but they will not be nearly as cheap or safe as this option.
Please note your Group Affiliation as "CWRU Games Club" in the reservation.
Alternatively, we can also scrounge a few places on various floors amongst my and my friends' places. While renting a room is easiest for me, I'll try to accommodate everyone that I can.
Please let me know in a post what your intentions are so that I can plan accordingly.
Parking: A day long parking pass for the garage at 115th can be obtained (only if you let me know in advance) for $7, or you can get a week long pass for $17.50 if you're a big spendah. I should note that the parking at 115th and housing are on the opposite side of campus from the venue, which is about a 20 minute walk.
I apologize for this inconvenience, but it's the best I can do. You're also welcome to try and get parking in the Veale lot near the venue and pay (an unknown amount) by the hour.
Here's a rough map of what I'm talking about.
PM me if you have additional questions.
Registration & Setup begins at 10am. Friendlies will commence for 2 hours.
Singles will begin promptly at Noon.
Doubles will begin shortly after completion of singles.
I have these two rooms reserved until 10pm, although I don't think they will be anyone there to kick us out if we run over. Regardless, I'd like to keep this tourney running smoothly and in good timing if at all possible.
Singles = $5
Doubles = $5 (each)
Venue is free. As this is partly a campus event, I'd like people to be able to watch and get involved socially. This may ultimately even attract more local people for Money Matches or to join the tourney.
-We'll be playing with a polished version of the current 5.0 set. The current (unpolished) 5.0 set can be found HERE.
W.I.P. RULES (Mostly courtesy of Chibo):
- There are no refunds
- Whether you are in the tourney or not, you must pay the venue fee
- I will be loading all of the codes myself
- Trash talking is allowed, and is encouraged! We love the hype! However, please do not distract the players too much at their discretion. Respect their right to focus on a match.
- Any destruction of anyone's property at the venue will not be tolerated, and in the case of such an event, you will be asked to leave.
- No drugs, alcohol, or any crap like that in there. If you have any, you will be kicked out.
- Other standard rules apply
Any of these are subject to change before the tournament!
- 4 Stocks
- 8 Minute Time Limit
- No Items
- If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can not quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
- First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
- Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
- The Cape Rule: "If someone breaks Cape's stuff he will tear out your intestines, strangle you with them, and then stuff them down their throats"
- You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
- Neutral Stages:
[o] Final Destination
[o] Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
[o] Pokemon Stadium 2
[o] Wario Ware
- Counterpick Stages:
[o] Lylat Cruise
[o] Delfino Plaza
[o] Frigate Orpheon
[o] Battleship Halberd
[o] Castle Siege
[o] Yoshi's Island (Melee)
[o] Rainbow Cruise
[o] Pokemon Stadium
- If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
- Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
[o] If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
[o] If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
- Same standard rules and stages as singles.
- Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is using a character that might make it tough to determine the teams color (like Sonic, Lucario, or Pokemon Trainer), either team is allowed to request control of a certain color (for themselves or their opponent) to help lessen confusion. In a disagreement, go by rock paper scissors.
- Stock sharing is allowed.
- Team Attack is on.
Currently we have 3 definite setups -- Mine, Cape's, and another CWRU student's. I will update this with more setups, as I know of several that we can use. Additionally, I will look into operating the projector / testing its lag.
Falco400 aka SMK
5ive / Toronto scene
Zozma / Erie scene
cAm8000 and friend
Earth Swords Man 009
Also I know I can scrounge at least 3-4 close friends, possibly as many as 15-20+ other CRWU-ers... I'm talking to a game club here. Looks like we've got at least 25 people down.