• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clear/Wipe "Star Wins" From Character Selection

Abszol

Smash Rookie
Currently I am developing a program to monitor melee and do certain tasks, for one of the tasks to work I need the "Stars" you obtain from winning a game on 20XX (I haven't tested to see if this is a thing in regular melee but I don't believe so).

Anyways, I have tried several methods from accessing the debug menu and holding X+A to restart 20XX.
I have also tried going back to the main start screen but it still hasn't worked.
Is there a method I am missing out besides restarting the whole game cube/wii?

Here are two sample pictures.

First, I won 3 times against the CPU
http://imgur.com/a/rI6eO

Then this is what I would like with a found reset option.
http://imgur.com/a/1vH4b

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Well in vanilla Melee you can switch name tags which will clear it, but I don't know how helpful that will be. If you were really interested you could probably look into modding and write a "clear" feature yourself if it seems like there are no better options

Abszol

Smash Rookie
Well in vanilla Melee you can switch name tags which will clear it, but I don't know how helpful that will be. If you were really interested you could probably look into modding and write a "clear" feature yourself if it seems like there are no better options
I considered this option, it was awesome to think but theres a lack of guides on modding with an iso rather than gecko codes. Ive taken another route with in game color detections.
Thanks a bunch for the reply

Top Bottom