• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Clear Classic Mode with all fighters - Some clarity needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
There's a challenge on Panel 3 that says clear Classic Mode with all characters. Well I did that, and nothing happened. I even did all 3 Miis.

So...do you have to beat it with all the alts as well? (Alph, female Robin, Male WFT, Koopalings)

ShredderN64

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShredderN64
3DS FC
3093-7074-7292
I'm having the same problem. My only guess is you have to beat Master Core to truly count as clearing Classic, as I just breezed through on 2.0 with characters I blow with.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
That's odd. Are you sure you have all the hidden characters? I got this challenge and had only used one Mii at the time it was considered completed.

ShredderN64

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShredderN64
3DS FC
3093-7074-7292
I can't say for mygamecube but I know for a fact I do. Unless Ridley is actually in the game and no one told me.

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
Thats odd. You sure you didn't fail with one character and forget to try again? Its easy to miss because the score still gets registered. Check if you have all character trophy's.

PizzaGuy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1289-8286-7485
The only other thing I can think of then is to look through your trophy collection for all the player trophies. I remember in All Star I did this for R.O.B., because I thought that since he had a high score meant he had completed it.

If you've actually beaten Classic with every character and haven't gotten the challenge, I dunno what to say. Contact Nintendo support? Shrug.

Purio

Smash Cadet
You do need to beat Master Core wih everyone. I started with Mario and did all characters in order. Start on 9 and just do your best. Mii Fighters, even though they have Trophies, do NOT count. Same for Target Smash, 100-Man, and 10-man with all.

Edit- Also All Star and Smash Run with all. You really don't have to use them at all, haha. Well... Just in Classic and All Star for Trophies.

Last edited:

ShredderN64

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShredderN64
3DS FC
3093-7074-7292
Thanks a lot guys! Turns out I was missing Falco, I guess I didn't catch it because he had a pretty high score.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't think having to beat Master Core has anything to do with that objective. Just check to see which fighter trophies you have, and then play Classic Mode with the characters that you haven't used yet.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
You definitely don't need to beat Master Core, I don't know why people keep saying that. I did it on 2.0 with everyone just for simplicity's sake and got the challenge just fine.

Purio

Smash Cadet
I wasn't too sure, like I said I just ran through everyone starting at 9. Which... Yeah, it's a bit time consuming, but worth it since you'll get a bunch of goodies. Helped me get a ton of Custom Moves, Trophies, and other junk I needed!

Trust me, it's much more tedious and time consuming doing 10-Man and 100-Man Smash with everyone. You don't even get rewarded through it. =/

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Yeah I did the same, the challenge didn't unlock so I went though my trophy gallery by series, it didn't take long to realise that Ike was missing.

I was also missing Mii Gunner and Swordsman and it unlocked, so only one Mii should be required.

10-Man is doable, but 100-Man is just overkill, as Brawl demonstrated.
I disagree, 100-Man seems easier now, I managed it with Luigi and he's a character I truly hate to play.

Last edited:

Purio

Smash Cadet
100-Man isn't hard, just very VERY time consuming. BEST way to do it, stand on one of the platforms and just spam up-tilt. Almost all characters can stand there and kill everyone without being interrupted. A few character's up-tilts can't kill with it, so just resort to constantly dash attacking. Again, it's easy, just very very VERY time consuming and not rewarding...

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I found out that I just forgot to finish Classic Mode with Meta Knight. I was interrupted and had to quit out.

It still counts your score and your GSP even if you quit Classic mode. That's kinda odd.

If anyone is having trouble I suggest going through the trophies and seeing who else you need to beat classic mode with. As far as I'm concerned all you need to do is beat it with every character visible on the slots and the 3 Miis.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
I have checked at least 5 times... either my game is "broken" or im stupid :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have checked at least 5 times... either my game is "broken" or im stupid :p
If you don't have all the fighter trophies, then you haven't completed Classic Mode with everyone. The Miis are not required to complete this task, but you still have to use them to get all the trophies.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
lol yea, i just checked 2 more times and realized i was missing Little Mac an Mega Man
so it was just me being stupid

Suavis

Smash Rookie
The saddest part is that there is no way to tell with Smash run. Could they not have thought of putting in something that does tell you in a clear and easy way that this character has cleared this mode? I guess i will just have to swap colours on everyone i win with in smash run to tell....

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
The saddest part is that there is no way to tell with Smash run. Could they not have thought of putting in something that does tell you in a clear and easy way that this character has cleared this mode? I guess i will just have to swap colours on everyone i win with in smash run to tell....
Go to your records in the section with the treasure chest picture, then go to fighter records. In there is there is an option to see how many times each character has won or lost in Smash Run. So do that. :)

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
100-Man isn't hard, just very VERY time consuming. BEST way to do it, stand on one of the platforms and just spam up-tilt. Almost all characters can stand there and kill everyone without being interrupted. A few character's up-tilts can't kill with it, so just resort to constantly dash attacking. Again, it's easy, just very very VERY time consuming and not rewarding...
100-Man Smash takes no more than 3 minutes on a really bad run (less than 2 if it's good), and it's virtually impossible to die or fail. That's still way faster than even the lowest intensity Classic run will take per character. So you really shouldn't be accusing it of being "time consuming". That title would be better suited for modes like All-Star.

Last edited:

Purio

Smash Cadet
Classic isn't so bad because of all the goodies you can collect. Custom Moves, Mii Hats and Outfits, Trophies, Gold, Etc.. All Star, which I agree is also tedious and time consuming, at least has a few Challenges to clear and is needed to get all Trophies. 100 and 10 Smashes only have just the one Challenge each, you don't get any further rewards or goodies. Which is why to me felt more... Tedious and annoying.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Doing 100 man Smash is actually quicker than classic or all star. In this game in generally takes 2-3 minutes to complete, pretty short and easy. Items come on a timed platform so random bombs won't be a problem anymore, its very consistent which is a great change for once.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
100-Man Smash takes no more than 3 minutes on a really bad run (less than 2 if it's good), and it's virtually impossible to die or fail. That's still way faster than even the lowest intensity Classic run will take per character. So you really shouldn't be accusing it of being "time consuming". That title would be better suited for modes like All-Star.
It is quite time consuming to do it with every character... and why are you defending it like you're offended? Saying it's time consuming isn't even an insult.

sToopiD TaRgeT

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4399-0465-1111
This is probably a dumb question, but is there a way to view the fighter trophies without having to complete Classic or All-Star mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom