• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Videos Thread

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I just watched this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RmYBfuwVgg

and remembered how mindblowing it was back in 2008.

Post your own picks for videos that everyone should see!

I'll throw in these -

Prince Combo Video (link to part 1 of 5)

It's Prince. 'Nuff said.

Alancitu Training Mode Combo Video (link to part 1 of 5)
Alancitu In Game Combo Video

Alancitu came out of nowhere with RIDICULOUS combos, both in matches and in training mode. These videos were the highlight.

Classic Sima vs Takamitsu match
(couldn't find the original video but this is the same match)

The match where you learned what Ness could REALLY do

Isai (Pikachu) vs Tsukuru (Falcon)

Isai. Pikachu. Lots of combos.

Isai (Pikachu) vs Johnny (Pikachu) (again I can't find the original video where you could hear everyone talking in the background)

Isai. Pikachu. Aerial chains ALL DAY. This match was played circa 2002 IIRC. Crazy.

Isai's FoxonFalcon

or "malva's FoxonFalcon" if you're old school. Still the best combo ever, and it was made with no use of savestates (i.e. he had to do all the ridiculous **** at the beginning OVER and OVER just to get a chance to practice the later ridiculous ****)

Isai's MarioonFalcon

best video description - "my first mario combo". I'd also like to remind you also that these 2 videos are from 2007!!!! Insane. You also have to love the Isai early days video quality. (note: you should probably watch all of Isai's other combos on youtube too)

maltfox (fox) vs swebits (falcon)

these guys also came out of nowhere with ridiculous videos - so ridiculous that many today maintain that they are TAS. This was the first video of maltfox's fox, and it was sweet.

maltfox (mario) vs morgen (dk)

with mr. imbahax gg no re SNIFF himself, TIGERBOMBZ on commentary! watch all the other vids on that channel that tigerbombz commentates too. also featuring morgen's DK which is pretty awesome.

the BOOMputer (link to part 1 of 4)

old school SuPeRbOoMfAn. using gameshark boom takes the role of one of the computer characters in 1P mode, while the great Dylan_TNGA tries to beat the game (HolyQuebec also steps in at the end)

Olikus

Smash Champion
Isai (Pikachu) vs Johnny (Pikachu) (again I can't find the original video where you could hear everyone talking in the background)

Isai. Pikachu. Aerial chains ALL DAY. This match was played circa 2002 IIRC. Crazy.

Is that from 2002??

If so its one of the sickest matches of smash history. Jesus.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
glad someone put that isai(link) vs boom(falcon) up, maybe my favorite series ever.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I liked the isai(link) vs sensei(fox) even better. And that was actually the first proffesional match I saw on youtube.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Great Thread. Love all the classics

I still maintain that Isai's Mario on Falcon is the best training mode combo ever made.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I liked the isai(link) vs sensei(fox) even better. And that was actually the first proffesional match I saw on youtube.
me too!! thats when i realised i wanted to start playing smash properly and actually get good
I still maintain that Isai's Mario on Falcon is the best training mode combo ever made.
big call. it's definately up there, perched up high with a few prince combos

Olikus

Smash Champion
me too!! thats when i realised i wanted to start playing smash properly and actually get good
Lol what are the odds? I actually good inspired to get good some time before I saw those vids. It was the king of kong documentary that got me into competitive gaming.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Out of the generosity of my heart, I have downloaded (and uploaded) all five parts to Prince's combo video:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3jrj0p3kucnvu6a

All parts except 3 were downloaded directly from YouTube, so the audio and everything should be intact. Sadly, part 3 was "not available in my country" and I had to muck about with proxies and screen capture software, so it'll be a little more ****ty than the others and doesn't have audio. Still watchable.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Out of the generosity of my heart, I have downloaded (and uploaded) all five parts to Prince's combo video:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3jrj0p3kucnvu6a

All parts except 3 were downloaded directly from YouTube, so the audio and everything should be intact. Sadly, part 3 was "not available in my country" and I had to muck about with proxies and screen capture software, so it'll be a little more ****ty than the others and doesn't have audio. Still watchable.
will you marry me?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i have prince's video downloaded in complete unedited form (i.e. no parts 1-5, just one continuous ~30 minute video).

of course it's on my computer that broke like 2 years ago though =/

malva00

Smash Master
Isai's FoxonFalcon

or "malva's FoxonFalcon" if you're old school. Still the best combo ever, and it was made with no use of savestates (i.e. he had to do all the ridiculous **** at the beginning OVER and OVER just to get a chance to practice the later ridiculous ****)
since the first hit of the uair hits the same at different percentages, you can practice the end easily

Olikus

Smash Champion
has anyone who still plays besides isai met johnny in person? when did he quit?

B Link

Smash Lord
You could've not watched it at all since I mentioned that there were items in my post XD

I honestly didn't care that there were items, vids that old are rare and interesting to me. Cuz you get to see how the play-styles have changed since then (it doesn't really matter if there are items or not, you can still see the general play-style).

Top Bottom