• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Route ideas

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I had previously worked on the classic route for Erdrick based on DQ3's history.

Of course, none of that is valid anymore, now that we have THE HERO which are four precious lads from different games. Unless Sakurai continues delivering surprises, its likely the same classic route will be shared among the quartet. So here is a few idea for Dragon Quest based routes from me, please share yours as well!

Idea A - Villain rush

What I fear will be the case. Basically Banjo's reveal's intro, haha. You go around, and you fight Villains. I won't bother making a fight-by-fight here.

Idea B - The Descendants of Erdrick

In this route, you will fight the other RPG and Hero characters of Smash bros by the date of their release, like the old All-Stars mode, but in reverse order for an obvious reason.

Fight 1: Vs Shulk (Representing Xenoblade, 2010, not Xeno-)
Fight 2: Vs Joker (Representing Persona, 1996)
Fight 3: Vs Pokemon Trainer (Representing Pokemon, 1996)
Fight 4: Vs Mario, Peach, Bowser (Representing Mario RPG, 1996)
Fight 5: Vs Marth (Representing Fire Emblem, 1990)
Fight 6: Vs Ness (Representing Mother 1989)
Bonus Round
Final Boss: Vs Cloud (Representing Final Fantasy, 1987)

Idea C - An enemy draws near! Your command?

The enemies of Dragon Quest are memorable fellas, and with 70 fighters, many battles in the series can be replicated.

Fight 1: Vs Kirby (horde)
- Representing Slime, Metal Slime and King Slime
- In this battle you fight a horde of Kirbies, you must defeat the blue ones to summon a big Kirby, however, mid-battle, a metal Kirby will appear and run away from you, no need to defeat him, but it might be fun to try... oh, and it has buffed speed and is immune to Snooze. ;)

Fight 2: Vs Giant Inkling
-Representing the Khalamari boss fight of DQ8

Fight 3: Vs Donkey Kong, Falco and Banjo
-Representing Great Ape, Big Beak and Ursa Major

Fight 4: Vs Zelda, Charizard.
-Representing Orochi's boss fight of DQ3.
-Zelda starts passive and is insta K.O if you attack her, calling forth a green Charizard.

Fight 5: Vs Incenoroar, Ice Climbers, R.O.B
-Representing Great Sabrecat, Hamerhood, Killing Machine (R.O.B starts with Killing Edge)

Fight 6: Vs Rathalos
-Representing the Dragonlord. Why isn't this the final boss? Well, much like DQ3 and DQ11, there is a fakeout, but first, bonus round!

Bonus Round

Final Boss: Vs Bowser, Wario, Kirby, Ganondorf
-Green Bowser representing the final boss of 4. Wario with a 'dark aura' representing the last boss of 8, Monochrome Kirby representing the last boss of 11, blue skin Ganondorf representing the last boss of 3.
-All these enemies are giant and will fight you one on one.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
I like all your ideas! I think it'll be similar to your second one about rpg characters since that seems to be what they really want to represent with the mp bar and attack choices.

Would they want to use the name Erdrick? That would sound odd given it was not used for his name in the character select screen. In Japan, is he reffered to as Erdrick or the Hero of DQ3?

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I like all your ideas! I think it'll be similar to your second one about rpg characters since that seems to be what they really want to represent with the mp bar and attack choices.

Would they want to use the name Erdrick? That would sound odd given it was not used for his name in the character select screen. In Japan, is he reffered to as Erdrick or the Hero of DQ3?
Descendants of Erdrick is an in-game term for the heroes of 1 and 2, so I don't think it would be a spoiler since it doesn't reveal who is Erdrick.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I saw a pretty good idea of having their Classic route be Stamina matches, and their maximum Stamina increases after each match to simulate leveling up. Either way, I think it's fair to say their Classic route will have a distinct RPG slant to it, with Rathalos being the final boss.

Top Bottom