• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Classic Mode intensity 9.0, how bad is it?

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
I've completed 124 out of the 140 challenges found within Smash Brothers Wii U, some of the toughest ones, in my opinion, being, clear all star on hard with every character, clear classic on intensity 7.0 with every character, complete all reward requirements for event matches, defeat 8 enemies in cruel smash with Lucina, and Clear Crazy Orders in 20 turns with Mario. One that I have yet to tackle, however, is to clear classic on intensity 9.0 without losing a single life. It seems to me that this is by far the most difficult challenge in the game, but what do you guys think? What am I getting myself into? Am I risking my sanity by playing it? Do you have any tips for beating it? Let me know.

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
Here are my tips from February.
Thanks, that might really help, I'm going to try it with my main characters first, if I get to the point where I absolutely cannot complete it, I'll use your method.

SwordM13X24

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sword
3DS FC
4227-4395-5715
Dependin' on what's in yar equipment armory, ya can breeze through Classic easy. I ran a very cheesy set of 2 Quick Batters and 1 Home-Run Bat equip. My total stat value was -3ATK/-1DEF/0SPE with those 3 together. The stat drop is inconsequential and the bat swin' speed is just slower than most jabs. Combine a fast kill move with exploitable AI, the non-boss stages becomes lemon squeezy, grant'd if the other items spawns from the Random Number Goddess decides to not ruin yar day.

Now once the non-boss stages are done, it's really down to learnin' what Master Core does and learn all it's telegraphs, how to avoid it, and safe ways to kill it. This might take a lil' gettin' use to, but it's not that bad.

As a last note with this "strategy" is that ya do not spawn with the Home-Run Bat while in the Fightin' Mii Team and the Master Core stage. Although that really shouldn't be a huge issue on the Multi-Smash stage since the Miis die very fast to begin with. Only the Master Core stage is where ya need to put effort into killin'.

Last edited:

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
Dependin' on what's in yar equipment armory, ya can breeze through Classic easy. I ran a very cheesy set of 2 Quick Batters and 1 Home-Run Bat equip. My total stat value was -3ATK/-1DEF/0SPE with those 3 together. The stat drop is inconsequential and the bat swin' speed is just slower than most jabs. Combine a fast kill move with exploitable AI, the non-boss stages becomes lemon squeezy, grant'd if the other items spawns from the Random Number Goddess decides to not ruin yar day.

Now once the non-boss stages are done, it's really down to learnin' what Master Core does and learn all it's telegraphs, how to avoid it, and safe ways to kill it. This might take a lil' gettin' use to, but it's not that bad.

As a last note with this "strategy" is that ya do not spawn with the Home-Run Bat while in the Fightin' Mii Team and the Master Core stage. Although that really shouldn't be a huge issue on the Multi-Smash stage since the Miis die very fast to begin with. Only the Master Core stage is where ya need to put effort into killin'.
Thanks for the tips, unfortunately, I don't have the home run bat equipment, since custom equipment is so hard to find in this game. Fortunately though, (and humorously enough), two days after this thread was made, I did manage to beat intensity 9 without losing a life using Mario equipped with the Super Brawn Badge, Vampire Brawn Badge, and Vintage Overalls. Mind you it took ten tries, the third of which, I was on the 4th section of the Master Fortress and going for the final hit, only for one of those laser firing shadow enemies to shoot me into one of the acid danger zones and do me in. I did manage to beat it though, and I thank you guys for your strategies.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
My god I have no idea how this multi-quote system works :p

Anyway, beat classic mode on 9.0? That was already bulls**t enough, now they're asking me to clear it without losing a single GOD DAMN LIFE!?!? Christ no, I'd 10x rather play Sonic 06.

Last edited:

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
I think losing no life sounds easier than doing 9.0 without any customs.

Seems like I just did it without and customs with one of my mains Ness.
Charging a Pk flash before any of Master cores forms is pretty effective.
Ended up at like 46% on Master Fortress cleared my way to destroy the first two
cores then took the heart and did the rest.
Also when you do the 9.0 challenges you automatically unlock
the do 8.0 with 2/3 chars challenges aswell.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I finally beaten it with Zelda, no custom moves, but I equipped two defense dresses and one magical stone for her

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
Okay I take it back no customs is easier than losing no life
man that challenge is my last one missing
other than the annoying custom special farming thing.
Is it me or do you get way easier knocked out in 9.0
even with heavy chars.

Last edited:

Vapo

Smash Apprentice
Classic 9.0 is waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy easier on the 3DS version due to the lack of Master Fortress and one less round. I beat it on my first try this morning on my way to school with a fairly unorthodox custom Toon Link:

Home-Run Bat Agility Badge (+20 Spd -29 Atk)
Quick Batter Brawn Badge (+17 Atk -24 Def)
Rare Protection Badge (+49 Def -28 Spd)

This ended up with all stats but def around -10 but it's pretty unnoticable. I was able to breeze through everything until Master Core and beat him with 200% on my final stock. Despite this I can't even beat Master Core on 8.0 on the Wii U version due to me sucking at Master Fortress. D= I might try and see if the custom set I used for the 3DS works, I doubt it will though.

TheRedLemming

Smash Cadet
I can consistently do it without customs as my primarily friendly character - Flaco. I don't even know how, aside from using the reflector against the master swords.
By knowing the core combos with my character, once I get past the first two matches, I can generally finish without a hitch.

That being said - it's a LOT easier to do with a high defense build on your character as opposed to a high offense build.
My friend suggest this: "You don't actually /need/ speed, you just need to survive."

Last edited:
Top Bottom