• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Classic Mode 9.0 No lives lost advice...

Megapup2

Smash Rookie
I am having trouble beat this Challenge and I use Sonic as my Main and I need some advice or anything that will help me beat the challenge with him..I can only use Sonic cause he was the only one I could use to beat 9.0...I just need to do it without dying or losing a life...

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
That's pretty hard to do considering how much is just completely out of your control in Classic due to the massive amount of randomness it has.
Where do you usually lose lives, though? It'd probably be good to, firstly, be as ready as you can be to fight Master Core, knowing what exactly to anticipate so you don't lose a life against the boss fight. Just be aware that characters with low damage output per move, like Sonic, can really underperform in Classic at times. Back Air looks it'll be one of the better choices for Master Core.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...a custom build can help. If y'all have any equipment lying around, use something that will increase your attack power such as Brawn Badges or Critical Hitter. And if y'all beat my girl :4lucina:'s challenge already, the Vampire Brawn Badge definitely comes in handy. Don't forget about defense equipment, too. They make y'all take less damage/knockback depending on what pieces you employ.

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I've heard people beat it using all defense equipment Bowser but I could never do it myself

Megapup2

Smash Rookie
That's pretty hard to do considering how much is just completely out of your control in Classic due to the massive amount of randomness it has.
Where do you usually lose lives, though? It'd probably be good to, firstly, be as ready as you can be to fight Master Core, knowing what exactly to anticipate so you don't lose a life against the boss fight. Just be aware that characters with low damage output per move, like Sonic, can really underperform in Classic at times. Back Air looks it'll be one of the better choices for Master Core.
I can do well against Master Core...I mean like the CPU characters...any advice for that..I always lose a life on stage 3

Megapup2

Smash Rookie
I've heard people beat it using all defense equipment Bowser but I could never do it myself
I couldn't do it with Bowser...I can use him...but he low on my most used list....see my Main is Sonic, Secondary is Cloud, and Third is Gannondorf.

Megapup2

Smash Rookie
Yeah...a custom build can help. If y'all have any equipment lying around, use something that will increase your attack power such as Brawn Badges or Critical Hitter. And if y'all beat my girl :4lucina:'s challenge already, the Vampire Brawn Badge definitely comes in handy. Don't forget about defense equipment, too. They make y'all take less damage/knockback depending on what pieces you employ.
i do have the Vampire badge...I just don't know how to give my Custom Sonic attack and Defense with the right peices...also how did you do the thing where you showed all the characters you use in each game?

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Don't double post. Or triple post, for that matter. Use the Edit button.
There's not that much you can do on the non-boss stages, other than just getting good at avoiding the randomness. You could use Equipment to make Sonic really defensive if that helps somehow.
Also, if you want "the thing where you showed all the characters you use in each game", you can make yourself a signature if you hover over your name at the top right corner and select the "Signature" option. I use it to put a nice gif of Lucina.

Megapup2

Smash Rookie
Don't double post. Or triple post, for that matter. Use the Edit button.
There's not that much you can do on the non-boss stages, other than just getting good at avoiding the randomness. You could use Equipment to make Sonic really defensive if that helps somehow.
Also, if you want "the thing where you showed all the characters you use in each game", you can make yourself a signature if you hover over your name at the top right corner and select the "Signature" option. I use it to put a nice gif of Lucina.
Ok thank you...do you know any Sonic mains? SO I can ask them for some advice?

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I couldn't do it with Bowser...I can use him...but he low on my most used list....see my Main is Sonic, Secondary is Cloud, and Third is Gannondorf.
You could probably do it with Gannondorf too.
I just recommend a heavyweight with defense equipment because the AI on 9.0 hits like a truck.

Megapup2

Smash Rookie
You could probably do it with Gannondorf too.
I just recommend a heavyweight with defense equipment because the AI on 9.0 hits like a truck.
Okay then what kind of Equipment would you recommend cause tbh I don't use very many Custom Characters

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
That's hard. Most people here have competitive knowledge of the games, and the more casual-oriented gamemodes require much different skillsets from what you need to play on a competitive enviroment.

Megapup2

Smash Rookie
That's hard. Most people here have competitive knowledge of the games, and the more casual-oriented gamemodes require much different skillsets from what you need to play on a competitive enviroment.
True but I just need to talk to a few Sonic mains maybe..but thank you for the help so far

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
If y'all are still here, about that equipment I suggested y'all use...

Y'all will need a good balance of attack and defense. However, more defense will lower your unparalleled speed, so y'all might have to use something that will keep the speed rating high. Now, I'd take y'all on a long, loving tour on equipment types but may I suggest y'all check out Amiibo Dojo. The webmaster there can get y'all headed on the right path with this. I know it's for amiibo but y'all can use that info for custom characters too. Last I checked, he combined attack, speed, and defense so that the resultant value equals 120. Y'all can deviate from that...if you want.

Top Bottom