• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic mode 9.0 can it possibly be impossible..?

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
If you play Classic mode with custom equipment like me, you've probably devised an equipment set that helps you conquer 9.0 difficulty and if you're a real expert on equipment, developed a set that can one hit kill Master Core's forms.

But what if you made a set that were to make master core...Impossible to kill?

Since speed lowers attack, I've noticed I've never been able to beat Master Core with abysmally low attack. So my question, is it truly impossible to beat Master Core in 9.0 difficulty with a attack at a VERY negative point? No added effects either?

I'd love to see people try this. Especially with fighters that already have low damage output to begin with.

I have yet to defeat Master Core on 9.0 difficulty using a sonic with +200 Speed but -101 attack. Lol.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
The lowest possible value that any stat can reach via legitimate equipment is -59 * 3 = -177. Unfortunately my equipment is too optimized to make room for three generic +85/-59s (which I always immediately dump) to test this out. Anyway, such a setup with +200 speed and -177 attack should still be beatable. The bosses would take longer and would take more perseverance, but the speed buff would help make up for it in speeding through the Master Fortress sections with the remaining time.

I'd be more concerned with setups that include Crash Lander and/or certain other negative effects, as they could truly make the final boss battles harder to conquer, IMHO.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Smash 3DS version of intensity 9.0 is not quite as brutal if you stick with the easy routes, but you'd still have to deal with Master Core and its monstrously fast attacks.

Now theoretically, I would think that bonus effect equipment such as Unharmed Attacker and Vampire could help, since you can potentially recover damage while delivering direct attacks, and your attacks deal 1.5x more damage while you have 0% damage. The problem is, I don't know if the Vampire bonus effect even works on bosses.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That's an interesting challenge. Even with the lowest attack it's theoretically possible though...

I mean, I've seen people do crazy hard things before. I've done some crazy hard things, like lvl 1 mode in Kingdom Hearts 2. Master Core honestly wouldn't hold a candle to that with any kind of setup baring time issues... For example, the Marluxia fight in KH2. Everything he throws at you will one-shot you at lvl 1, and his HP is about as high at it goes. He also has several lengthy attacks that do drag out the fight... I'm going guess he takes about ten minutes to beat. Well, he's actually pretty easy in comparison to everything else because everything is reactable, much like Master Core. (If anything it's harder to react to Marluxia because Sora doesn't have any readily usable frame 1-4 invincibility as far as I'm aware...) Biggest thing that gets people on Master Core is the jitters because if you lose then you need to play through Classic mode again. Really, if you could effectively practice against it like any boss in KH then I imagine people would think differently.

Again, if not for time, I imagine it'd be possible even with hacked -200 on every stat and a bunch of bad attributes like dodgy dodger. Master Core really ain't that hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom