• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clash Tournaments Releases Preliminary Project M Tier List

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
It seems sort of right. The metagame is still shaping but there is a lower gap between these characters so they're rather close than actually far. TL and Olimar are lower because probably that Olimar has 4 instead of 6 pikmin so his recovery is stunted and so is TL's. It still seems up for grabs between high and mid high tier, though I do believe Falcon should be higher. Don't forget that the tier list also takes the winners of tournies into account as well as usage, so the more used characters have a better chance of being higher.

Roy_Dash

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure about some of this. I personally think that Lucas should be higher and Wario seems a little high. Sheik and Sonic i feel should be higher. And like someone said earlier, I think Ike will drop off when everyone figures out that he's not that good. I also think roy should be placed a little higher.

But i'm not worried because this will change significantly as the game progresses.

I agree with Toon Link being last in the tier list, they gave him iron boots and it makes me sad. :cry:

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
Yeah seriously though what is up with TL's clunky and convoluted recovery? It's not like having a half-decent recovery would make him an instant top tier or something, why did the PMBR feel the need to make Tink such a falling brick?

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I have the feeling that Toon Link is being underestimated in this list. I can totally see somebody like Armada bringing him up the rankings or something. I find him pretty useful. Though I agree with the majority of this list. I think the spaceys might have a character or two above them, but that's just my personal opinion.

Rongunshu

Smash Apprentice
shhh, it's a secret. and i'm so glad people aren't playing against or realizing the threat lucario can be until they get comboed from one edge of Fd to the next and edgeguarded with a slow moving ball of death
shhh, it's a secret. and i'm so glad people aren't playing against or realizing the threat lucario can be until they get comboed from one edge of Fd to the next and edgeguarded with a slow moving ball of death
XD You got a point. Sorry about that then

CHIP_FLOS

Smash Rookie
Seeing Toon Link so low is a bit strange. Then again, I suppose there always has to be a last.

SSBM_HypnoToad

THE HypnoToad?
Why this list is wrong: This list is based off of Melee player's bias and Brawl players distaste for high-tier characters getting any credit for being good. ZSS is simply not that bad, and Diddy Kong and Lucas are WAY too low. Diddy and Bowser are the same?! Give me a ****ing break. There are so many flaws in this "official tier list." I think that the one that Hbox made on his Facebook is more accurate. (https://www.facebook.com/juanthefatty/posts/10152001485577135) This list is a ****ing joke.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Well, Link seems really solid in PM, but I started noticing something iffy with TLink. Probably because :toonlink: = :link64: (and that doesn't fit well in this kind of environment)

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
So...if P:M was made to competitively balance all the characters shouldn't a tier list just....not exist?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So...if P:M was made to competitively balance all the characters shouldn't a tier list just....not exist?
The difference between tiers are minimal, but as long as there is difference, there are tiers.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
YES! I predicted that Link would be around top 10. This tier list is among the best I've seen to date.
This is a tier list I could go with, since I also had predicted Toon Link to be among the worst characters, as well, seeing as he was mostly based from Smash 64's Link (with dat terrible recovery being worse on Toon Link) and Melee's Young Link (meteor sucks).

Well, anyways, I hope this tier list virtually remains the same, but Ganondorf, Ike and Mewtwo need to be a bit higher.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
The difference between tiers are minimal, but as long as there is difference, there are tiers.
Yes, I can see it from that point of view too. But this isn't official, right? I hope there is never an official one. Even though the tiers are very close, I still feel like players will naturally want to play high/top tier characters more than lower tiered ones. I guess some sort of tier list was inevitable.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Yes, I can see it from that point of view too. But this isn't official, right? I hope there is never an official one. Even though the tiers are very close, I still feel like players will naturally want to play high/top tier characters more than lower tiered ones. I guess some sort of tier list was inevitable.
Bias exist in everything. Tiers help develop a metagame and drive people to push their mains up the tier.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
My main problem is the fact that Zelda is higher than most of the tiers, but mainly Wolf. All 3 of the spacies are top tier and Wolf seems to be better against the other spacies.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Wait wait wait BOWSER IS AT MID-TIER...
lololol my sides hurt from all this laughing. But seriously this list is pretty inaccurate.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Bowser's super armor brought him up a lot. He can get through a lot of people's attacks. He may take the hit, but he'll hit you back and a lot harder. His buffs give him a lot of boosts and make things more applicable. He should be a little bit lower than he is, but he's definitely not super low.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
What in god's name is Zelda doing all the way up there? I mean she ain't low-tier, but to be just below spacies? Ridiculous.

Also, why is Diddy so low. I swear, I smell a ****storm of Diddy mains flocking in soon and ya'll shall see the truth.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Also, why is Diddy so low. I swear, I smell a ****storm of Diddy mains flocking in soon and ya'll shall see the truth.
I definitely agree about Diddy. He is still amazingly fast with an impeccable recovery. He has so much shield pressure, kill potential, speed, recovery, awesome projectiles (both the peanut popgun and the bananas), and combo potential. He should be up with spaceys in my opinion.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Pretty good list for the most part. I think characters like Sheik, Snake, and Peach should be higher, though.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
quick reminder that zelda was considered "high tier" in melee's first tier list, and it's for the exact same reason she's "high tier" right now: because she's got strong gimmicks that people haven't bothered to look around yet

if you still get caught by din's fire combos, you should be ashamed of yourself

andimidna

Smash Master
Huh. I was expecting Zelda and Ivysaur to be at the top.
They felt much better than Brawl them.
However, Zelda always starts out high/mid and slowly makes her way to the bottom. Not sure what the shock is.
I do agree with Fox/ Falco at the top though.

Sheik should be higher. I can't disagree with anything else.
I've been miles away from any game for a week. I don't want to make any calls without playing right before saying.

Looks good.

TL?

Smash Ace
Not sure if the CT peoples will see this, but would it be possible to post the 9 individual rankings that were averaged to make this list?

Also, poor bottom 1 TL.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Here's my take on the tier list:

S Tier: Fox, Falco, Pit, Link, Wolf
A Tier: Zelda, Ivysaur, Marth, Meta Knight, Mario
B Tier: Ike, Mewtwo, Lucas, Snake, Sonic
C Tier: Captain Falcon, Wario, Lucario, King Dedede, Roy, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Sheik, Ness, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Samus, Diddy Kong, Charizard, Squirtle, Kirby
D Tier: Yoshi, Luigi, Toon Link, Ice Climbers, Bowser, Zero Suit Samus, Mr. Game and Watch, Peach, ROB
O Tier: Olimar

You can notice some very large differences with the CT tier list, obviously.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
At least I'm certain that the power difference between characters is a lot less than in Brawl and perhaps Melee. And its not Metaknight>>>>>>>>the rest.
Also, we have something we never had before in a Smash Bros. game: patching.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I'm pretty sure we will be working on this at some point again, soon at that.
Consider watching videos of Aero. Toon Link's placement more than anything else completely discredits CT's list. The tier list looks more like a spread of 'mostly even' -> 'fairly polarized' match-ups when going from high to low. It doesn't make sense for characters like Zelda to be that high, or ZSS and Peach to be that low.

PS. Nice Zelda. I caught you on Xanadu last night. I think the way you play her is the 'optimal' way, with Din's being a very potent way to edgeguard and choke out recoveries rather than a zoning/combo tool. Very Samus-like.

Vashimus

Smash Master
There's no way in the kingdom of f*ck Peach is the third worst character in the game, especially being behind GnW and Ganon. Zelda's placement is completely ridiculous, and Sheik is without a doubt still top 10.

What's worse is that many people who don't play P:M see this and take it as fact when none of people in the P:M boards agree with the list.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Short summary:

a) Zelda is too high
b) Zero Suit Samus is too low
c) Peach pffhahahahahaha omfg are you kidding me lolLOLOLOLOLNO
d) Toon Link LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL X 1000
e) Ivy and Lucas should probably swap places
f) Deeds may be too high
g) Needs giant disclaimer of THE GAPS BETWEEN TIRES ARE STILL PRETTY LOW, FOLKS.

Fine otherwise.

Prynne

Smash Apprentice
Zelda is high, but I wouldn't say 3rd. Maybe 6th or 7th, but definitely viable for tourney play, in my opinion.

Top Bottom